Ellie Gouding 4th single?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 62
Forum Member
Does any1 know if she will be releasing another from Halcyon?Know figure 8 didnt do great but explosions done ok.There are alot of good tracks on it!

Comments

• LMLM Posts: 63,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought I need your love was the 4th single which has been a big hit for her and really increased album sales

Joy needs to be a single imo
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    I agree, there are lots of good tracks there. Would love 'My Blood' or 'Halcyon' to be released.
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    I want there to be a re-release of Figure 8, that song should've been huge imo.

Besides that song I hope Only You will be the 4th single. (I would say "or Hanging on or High For This" but considering they're 'covers' maybe that wouldn't be a great idea)
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think though a bonustrack I Need Your love is serving as a 4th single of sorts. but 4th Halcyon single should really be My Blood or Only You.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On her facebook page it says her new song is called Burn????
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On her facebook page it says her new song is called Burn????

I sense a re-release
  • bananashakebananashake Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I sense a re-release

I think it is either a re-release or a new album campaign. The album probably didn't sell as well as the label hoped, which is a shame as I think its one of the best albums I've heard, so might be pushing Ellie to release another album.

In some ways I hope its not a re-release as I've got the album and prefer having the album as a whole, not download a few tracks on my iPod and the rest on an album. :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it is either a re-release or a new album campaign. The album probably didn't sell as well as the label hoped, which is a shame as I think its one of the best albums I've heard, so might be pushing Ellie to release another album.

In some ways I hope its not a re-release as I've got the album and prefer having the album as a whole, not download a few tracks on my iPod and the rest on an album. :mad:

I agree on every word:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think though it sold enough in the current climate #2 spent 6 consecutive months in the top 40, 3 succesful singles. And small continued inernational success it did well. Re-release no Halcyon already has 3 versions a fourth is one to many. But ther was rumour of a soundtrack at the end of the year so who knows.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree on every word:)

Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    I think though it sold enough in the current climate #2 spent 6 consecutive months in the top 40, 3 succesful singles. And small continued inernational success it did well. Re-release no Halcyon already has 3 versions a fourth is one to many. But ther was rumour of a soundtrack at the end of the year so who knows.

BIB: I agree, it's just a shame it didn't sell more.

Would be interesting to see estimated/actual sales figures for Halcyon. Has it been certified silver/gold/platinum at all?
  • BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    I agree it should be either My Blood, Only You or Halcyon

And didn't you say Hav_mor that people on BuzzJack claimed the album should be certified platinum?

And I'm not sure if you can see it, but she put this on Instagram
    http://instagram.com/p/avi5QbTfQs/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

BIB: I agree, it's just a shame it didn't sell more.

Would be interesting to see estimated/actual sales figures for Halcyon. Has it been certified silver/gold/platinum at all?

Yeah if it were the same climate as Lights it probably would ahve succeed Lights in terms of sales.

And well some sources are stating platinum but i'm unsure. It's definitely sold well over enough for Gold and is more than likely on the way to platinum bt no officail sales have yet to be released. I think Explosions and ACh have yet top be certified and they both are definitely Silver (200k) by now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did I read somewhere something about a folk soundtrack to a film to be released this year? Or am I thinking of a completely different artist?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RaiseItUp wrote: »
    Did I read somewhere something about a folk soundtrack to a film to be released this year? Or am I thinking of a completely different artist?

No i heard it too :)

Update Augustt 11th Burn new single:

So thats a Re-release
    A stand alone
    Or most unlikely a new album.

I hope it's not a re-release but alas i think we're probably just goign to have to accept the inevitebal.
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No i heard it too :)

Update Augustt 11th Burn new single:

So thats a Re-release
    A stand alone
    Or most unlikely a new album.

I hope it's not a re-release but alas i think we're probably just goign to have to accept the inevitebal.

There were rumours a couple months ago she was recording an old Leona Lewis demo and Leona actually recorded a song called Burn for her latest album, so it will be interesting to see if that is the song.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    There were rumours a couple months ago she was recording an old Leona Lewis demo and Leona actually recorded a song called Burn for her latest album, so it will be interesting to see if that is the song.

I hope not Leona's material no offence is never really that good. i prefer when Ellie writes for herself. But would be interesting to see :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope not Leona's material no offence is never really that good. i prefer when Ellie writes for herself. But would be interesting to see :)

Leona has had quite a few hits fall through her hands though, so this could be another one.

We have a snippet of Leona's track from a Clive interview, but it doesn't sound like a song Ellie would release, so it probably won't be it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBKGtB_d5z0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leona has had quite a few hits fall through her hands though, so this could be another one.

We have a snippet of Leona's track from a Clive interview, but it doesn't sound like a song Ellie would release, so it probably won't be it.

True she isnever good with song choices. And no not an Ellie song no. I'm a bit nervos now i really think she would be doing a diservice to herself accepting seconf hand songs and re-releasing. She really proved herself with Halcyon and i jsut feel like she is somewhat diminishing her talent and becoming nothing more than another singles artost knocking out albums for mere sales. I'll wait and see though.
  • up to the vocalup to the vocal Posts: 2,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was hoping for Only You:( Superb track!!!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Annoyed at the re-release but if the tracks are good, i shall buy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So it turns out the track is this one originally recorded by Leona.

Ellie's version.

https://soundcloud.com/elliegoulding/burn
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    I think Ellie can do better than that song...but it's ok, I'll feel sorry for Leona if it's a huge hit because Leona seems to pass on all the big hits that are 'written for her'.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed Ellie is better than this song and most of what was on Halcyon is far worthier of release. But her recoord company seem to want to sell her as just another female start like Rihanna when she is far more special than that.

TBH this could have been done by anyone i feel a little let down it is a bit of a cop out.
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/q88/1010764_10151419309201642_1159462395_n.jpg

The Single Cover!! Very Nice :D

Will listen to it later, sounds quite good going off a few posts so looking forward to it :)