Recovery

shirlt9shirlt9 Posts: 5,085
Forum Member
Found a blackbird on the pavement outside my house this morning whilst returning from nursery run..I think it had been hit by a car it had its head down and was barely moving..a few feathers around and most of its tail seemed to be missing..I couldnt leave it..I went in and got a box to put it in lined it with a facecloth and popped the poor little thing in there thinking it would just die but didnt like to think of anyone standing on it or kicking it on the way to school..It upset me because blackbirds have been nesting in the hedge between us and the neighbour and I have been watching them for weeks backwards and forwards with bits in their mouths and seen how protective they are of the area when I park my car in my drive.

I popped the box on my table and put a tea towel over the top and just thought I will leave it for a bit and at least its warm and peaceful before it dies...2 hours later I had a peep and saw a lively chirpy bird..I have just taken the box outside,removed the towel and its flown off!

I know this isnt an exciting story but just thought I would share..hope little birds OK.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    Aw what a wonderful ending. Well done you. x
  • shirlt9shirlt9 Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    avasgranny wrote: »
    Aw what a wonderful ending. Well done you. x

Hope its Ok..may not last but at least its had another chance..
  • JJ75JJ75 Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shirlt9 wrote: »
    Hope its Ok..may not last but at least its had another chance..

Yep, well done you. I think it will be ok.
  • CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thats so lovely, i was wating for a bad ending but that was beautiful. well done you! :cool:
  • CRTHDCRTHD Posts: 7,602
    Forum Member
    Bless you, well done. I hope he's ok.