Glee (season 6) US pace. No spoilers

1234568»

Comments

• amos_brearleyamos_brearley Posts: 8,496
    Forum Member
    I really didn't like the implication that sport was cut from the school, after all the banging on about being inclusive, they were effectively driving out all the Finns, Pucks, Quinns, Santanas and Kittys who might have wanted to do sport *and* sing/dance.
  • xxLoopy_louxxxxLoopy_louxx Posts: 21,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just finished watching both episodes. I didn't think I would be so sad watching these last two episodes, for me Glee was always a feel good show, something that for most of the episodes would leave me in a good mood, there were exceptions to that, The Quarterback being one.

2009 was a good start, we always knew how Finn and Puck and Quinn and the others joined Glee Club so it was nice to see how the original 5 got there. Also, seeing a bit more to their stories and things like how they felt about Finn joining. I couldn't believe they actually got some of the cast close to how they looked back then, I mean Mark was 26 when he got Glee so he would be in his 30's now. The only one who I felt there was a big difference in was Chris but he was so young when Glee started so that was always going to be like that. I got teary-eyed watching the original DSB, it was a nice touch, Cory was still a part of the finale without actually being there.

I really enjoyed Dreams Come True aswell. I felt that where everyone ended up was where they should be, obviously the Sue being VP thing was a bit random but then what isn't when it comes to Sue? Jesse wouldn't have been my choice for Rachel but since my choice isn't here anymore Jesse is the next best choice. It would have been nice if Finn had been mentioned in her Tony speech and I saw somewhere that he had been (can't remember where now) but it must have been cut. I cried every time someone sang during this episode and then again from the time Sue renamed the auditorium til the end of the episode. That was a great final performance aswell actually, bringing back as any of the members as they could was a good way to make sure everyone was included in some way.
  • RickyLeeds85RickyLeeds85 Posts: 11,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perfect ending imo, agree about not seeing much of some characters in final episode but at least they were at the end. All the songs were great and emotional. This Time proved Darren Criss is a very talented songwriter. Also lovely touch with the Finn memoriam

Flashback episode was good too esp seeing the first group song with Finn :cry:
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    As much as I wasn't too keen on the last 2 episodes it won't be the same without seeing Glee tomorrow. :(
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apologies for dragging this out of the depths but interestingly the court case has just had its first result.
    Both appeals from Fox and the UK Club owner were rejected but it's now going to the European Court.

I do find it more than a little bit annoying that the club owner thinks people in the UK are "stupid" enough to not be able to differentiate between a TV show and a live club venue, which seems to be the crux of his argument for copyright infringement.
  • dizziedizzie Posts: 4,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cadiva wrote: »
    Apologies for dragging this out of the depths but interestingly the court case has just had its first result.
    Both appeals from Fox and the UK Club owner were rejected but it's now going to the European Court.

I do find it more than a little bit annoying that the club owner thinks people in the UK are "stupid" enough to not be able to differentiate between a TV show and a live club venue, which seems to be the crux of his argument for copyright infringement.
    How is this still an actual thing?!!! Glee ended a YEAR ago! There are no new episodes, and no new promotion of a show that would ever 'infringe' on this guy's two-bit clubs! I almost admire Fox for sticking with it, and defending the legacy of a show they no longer make. This guy has been peddling the 'David and Goliath' thing for way too long - a few year's ago, it was vaguely relevant. But now, I mean, if you claim that you're still losing custom, when the show is no longer broadcast - and it didn't achieve that high UK viewing figures after season 2 - perhaps it's not your company name that's the problem!!!
  • nats18nats18 Posts: 8,208
    Forum Member
    Who's actually gonna care. If they do rename it you'd still call it glee as it's only repeats anyway. Was the show even that popular?
  • fairy_fairy_ Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For the club owner surely now the "damage" has been done - Glee is so well-established as a show it would be impossible to change people's assumptions, if they were going to make that connection.
  • dizziedizzie Posts: 4,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nats18 wrote: »
    Who's actually gonna care. If they do rename it you'd still call it glee as it's only repeats anyway. Was the show even that popular?
    At this point, only the guy who's trying to make money out of a major corporation still cares! The show was made and broadcast in it's entirety as 'Glee' - you don't get to change it retrospectively! If the show was still in production, and the cast touring as they did in the first two seasons, it's a relevant issue. Now though, it may actually be the literal definition of trying to flog a dead horse! ;)
  • LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If people still insist on calling Disneyland Paris 'EuroDisney' 21 years after it changed its name, then the TV show is still going to be referred to as Glee.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If people still insist on calling Disneyland Paris 'EuroDisney' 21 years after it changed its name, then the TV show is still going to be referred to as Glee.

Exactly, it's absolutely ridiculous.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm just rewatching season 3 again, my fave season. Having said that, Rory is in it, the worst of the Glee Project winners,

BTW Heather Morris had a 2nd baby on Feb 11th.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well I've just gone through season 3 in 2 days, and it really was a great season, so many highlights.

Am on episode 5 of season 4 already as I've had to fast forward past most of the rubbish stuff. It really is a poor season, with so many lame song choices and story choices. Still can't believe what they made Blaine do.

And we have the bland replacements, only saved by Kitty and her character change later on.

P.s. I still think Rachael was overrated. Most of her singing involved that face she makes which looks like she is trying to have a poo.
  • ServalanServalan Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    UK Gleeks may be interested in this …

http://www.playbill.com/article/glee-star-amber-riley-is-effie-in-london-premiere-of-dreamgirls-com-384639

As for that pathetic 'comedy' club and its PR stunt (and the judges indulging them) - pur-lease!
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm just rewatching season 3 again, my fave season. Having said that, Rory is in it, the worst of the Glee Project winners,

BTW Heather Morris had a 2nd baby on Feb 11th.

Season 3 might have been better if they'd done Santana's coming out story properly, instead of making it all about bloody Finn.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Servalan wrote: »
    UK Gleeks may be interested in this …

http://www.playbill.com/article/glee-star-amber-riley-is-effie-in-london-premiere-of-dreamgirls-com-384639

As for that pathetic 'comedy' club and its PR stunt (and the judges indulging them) - pur-lease!

Amber will be amazing I'm sure. I'd love to see her in Dreamgirls.