New Hawaii Five O (Sky One)

Comments

• carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,695
    Forum Member
    They're obviously setting up one or two of this season's story-arcs. Some will last longer than others, I assume.
  • Kitt 2000Kitt 2000 Posts: 1,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely love Hawaii 50
    Makes me feel like a kid again back I. The 80stge excitement of watching things like knight Rider,

Shows of course have been good between the 80s and now. But only Hawaii 50 has got me like this since those days..
  • mandybluemandyblue Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    OMG what a sad ending to a Good episode

I love Steve and Catherine together and I want them together for ever. The talk at the end with Steve breaking up was so sad and you could tell that Cath did not want to break up or go to where ever she was going. I thought this was the end. Alex and Michelle were very good in this scene. You can see Steve shutting down from his emotions when hugging Cath goodbye
    The conversation in the car when Cath made the phone call at the end. Makes me think Cath will be back near the end of the season.
    Who is Catherine working for is she back in the Navy, CIA, What kind of mission is she on.
    Looking for Doris, Wo Fat's Father or protecting Steve from something.

Loved the bed scene with Steve and Cath. Steve looked so happy and they looked so sexy.
    Loved the boat scene with Steve and Danny
    Danny's talk with Catherine you could tell she was upset and something was wrong then.
    Love seeing Steve with Nahele showing him the engagement ring for Cath
    I love it when Steve and Grover work together as well

Not a fan of Kono and Adams story looks like we have to put up with it for the season
    Not a fan of Eric Danny's sisters Son so rude to Kono
    Not a fan of Jerry so now he has a office better than sharing Steve Office hope they don't give him a badge to join the team
    Forum Member
    Good episode this week

The crime of the week was good had some good twist.
    Loved all the stunts with the bikers and a good chase scene near the end when the bike crashed into the car.
    Loved seeing Steve shirtless and getting that phone call thinking it was Catherine. Glad we are getting some teasers about her story line and Steve till talking about her to Danny. I hope we don't have to wait until the end off the season for Cath to come back like in season 5.
    Loved all the scene with the team training and doing the Tough Muddler would have loved more.
    Plus no Adam and Gabriel in this episode boring story line.
  • Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I LOVE this show!
    I'm new to it, started randomly watching series 3 last year but now it is being repeated from the start again on Sky so i have just binge watched all of season 1 in a week.
    I adore it. Great storylines, really likeable good characters and great scenery too.
    The cast are fab, and like many have said i adore the 'bromance' between Danny and Steve.
    I cannot praise this enough and its one of my fave shows to watch right now. I'm just starting season 2! :)
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the product placement was a little too much this week. The Microsoft Fitness Band at the very beginning was almost like an advert, and the Tough Mudder was fun but had no connection to anything else in the episode!

On a more positive note, the ratings for this season have picked up in the US the last few weeks, so we might just get to see a season 7 after all...
  • chrisii2011chrisii2011 Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if this will be the last season? its definitly declined in quality this season. The case of the week stuff are poor so far this season
    Forum Member
    I disagree. I though this week's case was quite a puzzle; which is good.
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NoEntry2k wrote: »
    I thought the product placement was a little too much this week. The Microsoft Fitness Band at the very beginning was almost like an advert, and the Tough Mudder was fun but had no connection to anything else in the episode!

On a more positive note, the ratings for this season have picked up in the US the last few weeks, so we might just get to see a season 7 after all...

I must be blind, I never see any product placement, even though I know it is supposed to be there.
    Forum Member

Here is a interview with Alex from the Sydney Daily Telegraph just before Christmas saying he was going to Australia for Christmas with his family. Plus at the end of the interview Alex said his contract is up and is waiting for CBS to give him a new one. Looks like Alex might get a new job so end of Show, CBS has maybe already given him a new contract , If the ratings are good we will get season 7.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/tv-insider-alex-oloughlin-brings-his-family-home-for-christmas-and-why-were-watching-more-kiwi-tv/news-story/4411b1a12735e569a4a0c390ff00d55b?=
    Forum Member

The Product Placement dose not bother me at all most of the time I don't see it.
    Forum Member
    I wonder if this will be the last season? its definitly declined in quality this season. The case of the week stuff are poor so far this season

I kind of agree with you because they have given the main story line for this season too Adam and Gabriel who are recurring actors on the show with Kono which I find very boring. It would be more interesting if Gabriel was after the whole team. I use to like Adam a lot in season 2 and 3 but now he is just a loved up puppy following Kono around with Kono protecting him. Adam has become a very weak character. Plus Steve has not had a story line since the end of season 4.
    Forum Member
    mandyblue wrote: »
    The Product Placement dose not bother me at all most of the time I don't see it.
    Me neither, to be honest. I've never really understood what the fuss is about. They have to use phones so let them get some money in (to put towards the cost of the show) from whichever company wants their brand promoted.

Either that or it's a "Zanputu X3" or some other made-up one that everyone will know isn't real and which will detract from the scene.

Just as long as it's not this obvious ;)
  • leeowls87leeowls87 Posts: 1,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah and If we are to believe they are a well funded and Hi-Tech Police/Task Force then it just makes sense that they will have the latest in the leading brands of Cars/Phones/Laptops etc
  • LondonKiwiLondonKiwi Posts: 2,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought the shoving in of "Bing" was a bit too much. Who says I am going to "bing" something?
    Forum Member
    LondonKiwi wrote: »
    Who says I am going to "bing" something?
    Who says I am going to "Google" something? (Apart from everyone, but the point is still the same :p)
  • Mark AMark A Posts: 7,692
    Forum Member
    LondonKiwi wrote: »
    Who says I am going to "bing" something?
    Someone who's been paid to say it?

Regards

Mark
  • Pacman1854Pacman1854 Posts: 1,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Slightly off-topic, but Is there a certain amount of times that a product can be shown in one episode?
    I've noticed that the last couple of episodes of NCIS:LA, on straight after Hawaii Five 0 (slightly back on topic then), they've been driving what are obviously Audi vehicles, but in the majority of shots the 4-ring logo on the front grill is missing completely. Then for the climatic gun-fight/showdown they draw up in what is supposedly the same car, only this time it has the Audi badge clearly visible.
    I don't think it's a continuity issue, especially as I've noticed it happen in a couple of recent episodes, and it happened once or twice in The Mentalist when they were driving what were obviously Chevy cars, but the front badge was blacked-out or obscured apart from certain shots.
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pacman1854 wrote: »
    Slightly off-topic, but Is there a certain amount of times that a product can be shown in one episode?
    I've noticed that the last couple of episodes of NCIS:LA, on straight after Hawaii Five 0 (slightly back on topic then), they've been driving what are obviously Audi vehicles, but in the majority of shots the 4-ring logo on the front grill is missing completely. Then for the climatic gun-fight/showdown they draw up in what is supposedly the same car, only this time it has the Audi badge clearly visible.
    I don't think it's a continuity issue, especially as I've noticed it happen in a couple of recent episodes, and it happened once or twice in The Mentalist when they were driving what were obviously Chevy cars, but the front badge was blacked-out or obscured apart from certain shots.

This is just a guess, but I'd assume that any product placement contract will stipulate that a product gets X many mentions/shots in a given episode, and the programme makers aren't going to give them any extra ones for free. But equally they aren't going to change a scene because of it, which probably results in what you are referring to. But like I said, just a guess.
    Forum Member
    The Halloween Episode was good

We had 3 story lines going on in one episode
    the main one the Serial killer inspired by Frankenstein was the best one. When Steve went down to the basement the look in his eyes when he saw the body of the girl made up of other body parts and the fight with the bad guy made me jump.
    2nd story line
    Grace being rebellious and lying where she was going and Daddy Danno freaking out and talking to him self in the car to what he was going to say. Grace who is growing up into a teenager.
    3rd story line
    With Jerry was just stupid I don't like it when they split the team up with different crime stories to solve. I like it better when the whole team are together.
    Forum Member
    Another good episode

The A story line with Steve was good Lots of Action and tension

Loved Steve struggling with his emotions through out the episode plus all the action with Steve becoming bad ass Seal. You can tell Steve is still in love with Catherine right from the start while talking to Grover about the date with Lynn when Grover mention Cath and Steve cut him off. Taking the selfy with him and Lynn and Steve showing some sadness he was think about Catherine. loved seeing a relaxed Steve trying to have fun with Lynn. Loved all the underwater scenery. Loved the Beautiful Scenery on the island

Lynn was a bit pushy like when they were on the boat she pushed Steve out of the way so she could drive the boat. Lynn had to be the one to say which way to got then getting them lost in the jungle. Not sure if I like Lynn how many blonds have the show pushed towards Steve I think this is number 4 lets hope she is not around much.

The B story about the football game was a bit boring
    Chin was a over the top hitting that guy not like chin at all,.
  • chrisii2011chrisii2011 Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The main reason why im quickly loosing interest is Kono and Adam and the who is going to beat them up this week. Its been going on since the season where Grace Park was pregnant. Just end this rubbish now and let them be happy!
  • CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    The main reason why im quickly loosing interest is Kono and Adam and the who is going to beat them up this week. Its been going on since the season where Grace Park was pregnant. Just end this rubbish now and let them be happy!

Last couple of episodes this storyline has been put on the back burner a bit like Gabriel it's not been mentioned, I'm sure it will come back up
    Forum Member

I agree with you I think it is weird that they pick 2 recurring actors Adam and Gabriel to have the main story for this season. You see more of Adam than Kono in this story and she is main cast. It would be more interesting if the whole team was involved with Gabriel and not about Kono and Adam it is becoming very boring.
  • Nigel82Nigel82 Posts: 473
    Forum Member
    Last weeks episode, I thought they were doing some sort of homage to 'Lost'! Did I miss an explanation somewhere? How on earth does a plane get landed on an island without leaving a trail of e.g. damaged trees behind it?? Given there was a prisoner onboard you have thought they'd have been a big air search which would maybe have seen such damage ......