Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 7)

Comments

• Options
    Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,021
    Forum Member
    tinkie wrote: »
    Just seen a new one

The stroke association, if they think anybody believes that any of the three so called actors have had a stroke, they can think again

Yeah, I agree, totally rubbish. Why couldn't they have filmed people actually having strokes? Crap. I mean, they expect us to look for symptoms without showing real stroke victims? What a bunch of amateurs.
  • Options
    cutekitty7686cutekitty7686 Posts: 872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tinkie wrote: »
    That's the joy of a new thread, I mentioned this on the old one, come on, admit it, you are watching Jeremy Kyle aren't you, the same as me :o

:o I was :o

Just proves how annoying that ad is lol
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ella Nut wrote: »
    Yeah, I agree, totally rubbish. Why couldn't they have filmed people actually having strokes? Crap. I mean, they expect us to look for symptoms without showing real stroke victims? What a bunch of amateurs.

As a nurse I've seen plenty of unfortunate people who have had strokes. None of them had their foreheads on fire, though...
  • Options
    ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 42,077
    Forum Member
    The Philadelphia with chocolate ad.
    The whole idea makes me want to vomit.
    I used to work for Cadburys. When it was bought by Kraft, we joked that they would be doing cheese with chocolate, not dreaming that it would actually happen !

Can't see why chocolate with philly makes you want to puke. Philadelphia isn't a cheesy cheese:) It's not as if it's Stilton with chocolate:D That would make me vomit. Anyway, people eat cheesecake (and you get chocolate cheesecake) so I can't see the problem:)
  • Options
    chuffsterchuffster Posts: 8,816
    Forum Member
    I may sound insensitive,but that advert for Macmillan nurses with Alison Steadman makes me roll my eyes.

"They helped her to live,(dramatic pause).,.even though she was dying".

Erm...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Eraserhead wrote: »
    As a nurse I've seen plenty of unfortunate people who have had strokes. None of them had their foreheads on fire, though...

As someone not in the medical profession, I recognise that was an "effect" used to signify the potential damage to the brain, and not a literal interpretation of what actually happens.
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have BT ditched the annoying students already?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Also I haven't seen the bum wipes one either for ages
  • Options
    chuffsterchuffster Posts: 8,816
    Forum Member

Saw one last night,sadly..
  • Options
    YeraYera Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    This advert annoys me.....http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/category_10001_10001_162101_-1?bclid=624250408001
    the way the blonde girl is running...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    things i can't stand part 1...

Anything with whispering in.

Anything with douchey singing in it eg 'Oooi Loike Owld Mooooveeeees'

Anything with Lens flares.

Anything with overdubbed voices.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The KIA ad with just a car and nothing else.

"Look! We're aware of cliches in car commercials and we are avoiding them! Aren't we clever?! Those other companies outselling us with their fancy ads are losers!"
  • Options
    Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That bloody annoying advert for Loyds Bank is back with Julie Walters saying
    "visit us IN BRANCH"
    AAAAAAARRRGGGGHHHHHH !
  • Options
    eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 23,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That Channel 4 ad for T4...it's saturating the channel right now.
    There can't be many more arrogant, up themselves, down right irritating and unfunny gits than those T4 presenters!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The diet coke airhead girl puppets, deciding which airhead girl puppet gets the last can of diet coke in the fridge.
  • Options
    kingofscotlandkingofscotland Posts: 619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I saw an animated version of the bass playing/wifi cafe one a couple of days ago. It was done in the style of "The Sims".
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Calgon with the Scientist and the housewife, terrible dubbing.:mad:
  • Options
    RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Fabulous Fingers ad :eek: What on earth? :| this tripe has been on my screen for months :mad:
  • Options
    Rip the TV EyeRip the TV Eye Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The KIA ad with just a car and nothing else.

"Look! We're aware of cliches in car commercials and we are avoiding them! Aren't we clever?! Those other companies outselling us with their fancy ads are losers!"

To be fair, when they have cars that look that good, you don't need any frippery or flim-flammery.

Or cliches.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    Say bye bye to boffering...yep we will after next week (we hope!!!) sick of that ad now, useless anyway unless your in a cabled area!!
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pnp63 wrote: »
    Say bye bye to boffering...yep we will after next week (we hope!!!) sick of that ad now, useless anyway unless your in a cabled area!!

and if you knew that Richard Branson isn't black.:confused:
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GAHHH! I tuned into Absolute Radio today and I heard that f***ing Go Compare crap! GO AWAY!! :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know if it's not selling well but they keep on plugging shrek the musical in my area and from what I see on the ad they won't be seeing sales soar
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    The vanish ad with Russell Grant and the goat should really vanish from our screens asap.

I do like Gethin Jones, but the Holland and Barratt ad annoys me so much. Buy one get one half price 'you don't get that anywhere else'. Erm, yes you do.
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sweetD wrote: »
    I do like Gethin Jones, but the Holland and Barratt ad annoys me so much. Buy one get one half price 'you don't get that anywhere else'. Erm, yes you do.

Also, you go into the shop itself and find that it's NOT on everything like the ad mentions. Talk about misleading! :mad:
This discussion has been closed.