Claiming phone charges back

fletchemfletchem Posts: 2,212
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Has anyone successfully claimed back the cost of a phone call from Sky? I was on the phone last night for 55 minutes to resolve a problem that was completely their doing. It might only be £2.75, but it is the principal.

Comments

• Willie WontieWillie Wontie Posts: 2,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As for most people calls to Sky are free, I doubt many people have bothered trying.
  • michael37michael37 Posts: 2,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As for most people calls to Sky are free, I doubt many people have bothered trying.

That's only true for folks with Sky's telephone service, or BT customers during the hours of their free calling plan.

For everyone else, as with any 0870 number it is pretty expensive.
  • gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yes i've claimed costs back in the past by e-mailing jeremy.darroch@bsskyb.com but i got them back because i had problems with the indian call centre. Just email them and explain why you want the call costs back.
  • Willie WontieWillie Wontie Posts: 2,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    michael37 wrote: »
    That's only true for folks with Sky's telephone service,

...which is free to all Sky TV customers. Though of course they can choose to not take it if they'd rather pay for 08442 calls...
  • HeinzHeinz Posts: 7,210
    Forum Member
    michael37 wrote: »
    That's only true for folks with Sky's telephone service, or BT customers during the hours of their free calling plan.
    Er no. BT's inclusive calls (in plan) are to 01, 02, 03, 0845 and 0870 numbers.

Sky's (or any) 0844 numbers are not included.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or go through the Sky Help Centre on sky.com and they should refund you that way. There's a set limit that they can do over the phone - anything more and a phone bill's required.
  • Paul000Paul000 Posts: 286
    Forum Member
    If you had a problem affecting your viewing - I asked for credit for the issue rather than the cost of the phone call per se and the cost of delay etc --- and it was easy to get a credit against nex months bill.