Options

Sky Sports News HD

arrasarras Posts: 407
Forum Member
Just browsing the HD channel list, when I noticed Sky Sports News HD. However it only shows a countdown clock and occasional adverts involving the new channel.
This was at about 19.58

Comments

• Options
    spearce8spearce8 Posts: 205
    Forum Member
    They did a similar thing when Sky newsHD was launched, that leaders debate thing :yawn:
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are some featurettes as well - making of the promos etc.

Y'know, if you're really bored.
  • Options
    JulesandSandJulesandSand Posts: 6,012
    Forum Member
    They could also add film of the presenters preparation.....

You know...

Botox for the female presenters,

Hand waxing for the men.

HD is a double-edged sword....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    Anyone know which Frequency this is on
  • Options
    OneManTagTeamOneManTagTeam Posts: 3,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    afkelly wrote: »
    Anyone know which Frequency this is on

You can view it on channel 455 just now
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,258
    Forum Member
    Why does the advert for SKY sports News say available until 22/02/11 (I think was the date)..
  • Options
    derek500derek500 Posts: 24,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pkc wrote: »
    Why does the advert for SKY sports News say available until 22/02/11 (I think was the date)..

It's available to ALL subscribers until February. After that, just Sports or News/Events pack.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    Can anyone advise on what the music is playing currently?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    TSUK wrote: »
    Can anyone advise on what the music is playing currently?

No idea so tried the Shazam app on my iphone and it drew a blank, pity as it doesn't sound bad. Probably a composed for TV thingy!:cool:
  • Options
    TrevTrev Posts: 1,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a very impressive picture. A vast improvement on the blurry little screen that they used to have.
  • Options
    TinpotTinpot Posts: 2,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks fantastic.
  • Options
    oilcatoilcat Posts: 27,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tinpot wrote: »
    Looks fantastic.

It certainly does, really sharp picture
  • Options
    warrior_54321warrior_54321 Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    Georgie Thompson in HD...mmmmm :-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unlike Sky News which has different graphics for the SD and HD versions, Sky Sports News SD uses the HD ones.

Bound to be complainers who have SD and can't read them.
  • Options
    OneManTagTeamOneManTagTeam Posts: 3,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My new favourite channel :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't think I'd liike that layout compared to Sky News but with the advertising box on the right disappearing at times when there's more info to put up, it's impressive.

Great PQ too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    I can't watch it, just as Five HD and ESPN America HD. What a shame! But why I can't when the signal is almost a 100% :mad::mad:
  • Options
    RestorerRestorer Posts: 2,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    derek500 wrote: »

Looks OK on my kitchen TV - if a bit fuzzy, Certainly readable. Best thing is, after 12 years of widescreen they have finally done away with 4:3 safe!
  • Options
    tricky22tricky22 Posts: 522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finally wide screen...should have no problem seeing the whole of Jeff Stirling...what a thought
  • Options
    CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unlike Sky News which has different graphics for the SD and HD versions, Sky Sports News SD uses the HD ones.

Can't think why when he have posters on DS who say they cannot see any difference between SD and HD:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    Zoco wrote: »
    I can't watch it, just as Five HD and ESPN America HD. What a shame! But why I can't when the signal is almost a 100% :mad::mad:

Full signal/Quality on these channels and yet dialogue box says "No reception" I'm glad it's not just me. This problem has been in existence for a lot of subscribers for quite a long time now....AND STILL NO RESPONSE FROM SKY AS TO A SOLUTION, NOT EVEN ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF IT'S EXISTENCE.
    WHAT AMAZINGLY PROFESSIONAL BEHAVIOUR SKY, WELL DONE!!:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pangaea wrote: »
    Full signal/Quality on these channels and yet dialogue box says "No reception" I'm glad it's not just me. This problem has been in existence for a lot of subscribers for quite a long time now....AND STILL NO RESPONSE FROM SKY AS TO A SOLUTION, NOT EVEN ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF IT'S EXISTENCE.
    WHAT AMAZINGLY PROFESSIONAL BEHAVIOUR SKY, WELL DONE!!:rolleyes:

Do a search for posts from rjmachin, Sky sorted him out.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 434
    Forum Member

The SD one has its graphics outside the 4:3 area? :eek: I think there'll be a lot of complaints coming especially from pub owners who aren't capable of setting their Box to 16:9 and so cutting the left and right sides before streching the picture to 16:9 on their 16:9 screens...
  • Options
    DarthFaderDarthFader Posts: 3,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking at the actual text of the right hand panel, it is left justified so I would be that most if not all that writing would appear in 4:3. There i also the small gap at the extreme right too.

PJ
  • Options
    RestorerRestorer Posts: 2,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The SD one has its graphics outside the 4:3 area? :eek: I think there'll be a lot of complaints coming especially from pub owners who aren't capable of setting their Box to 16:9 and so cutting the left and right sides before streching the picture to 16:9 on their 16:9 screens...

hehe. Well it might finally get these pubs to set their boxes correctly. Imagine what SSN now looks like centre cut and then stretched! I really can't believe how many pubs still do this.