Will Smith's Scientology School Shuts

The DoveThe Dove Posts: 1,221
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It's not going well for Woll these days. Not only was 'After Earth' a flop but he and wife, Jada Pinkett, have had to shut down the school they were funding.

What a shame :D

http://tonyortega.org/2013/07/03/will-smith-backed-school-that-used-scientology-materials-closes-its-doors/

Comments

• Mark39LondonMark39London Posts: 3,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never realized that he was another stupid follower of a sham. Pity, I quite liked his films.
  • NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Dove wrote: »
    It's not going well for Woll these days. Not only was 'After Earth' a flop but he and wife, Jada Pinkett, have had to shut down the school they were funding.

What a shame :D

http://tonyortega.org/2013/07/03/will-smith-backed-school-that-used-scientology-materials-closes-its-doors/
    Just the thought of Woll Smoth makes me giggle uncontrolably. Looking at photos has me guffawing like a loon!:D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqIiItNz2N8
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's tough to run a faith school based on nonsense made up so recently. It needs a good few centuries until people will properly swallow it.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad it's been shut down. Scientology's a right bad organisation. I hope more Scientology things shut down.
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It must be hard to win converts to a fetish for looking through poo.
  • annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had no idea that he was into scientology... That kind of makes him less sympathetic, so I understand why he would downplay it.
  • yaristamanyaristaman Posts: 1,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never realized that he was another stupid follower of a sham. Pity, I quite liked his films.

Why does his private life affect how you'd enjoy his films?
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What, Xenu didn't warn them in advance?

Have they not sent the monthly cheque or something? :D
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    yaristaman wrote: »

When was the last time you watched and enjoyed a re-run of Jim'll Fix It?
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a read about the "study tech". Apparently "the only reason anyone would ever question Scientology, or want to leave and stop studying Scientology, is because they have misunderstood words." :D
  • WHATEVER MANWHATEVER MAN Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    Another **** celebrity supporting scientology
  • Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As far as I understand it WS, Tom Cruise and John Travolta are into scientology.

Now, about that 'in the closet celebs' thread *cough* *ahem*... :D
  • Blockz99Blockz99 Posts: 5,045
    Forum Member

You enjoy looking at Hitlers painting or listening to Gary Glitters music ?
  • Blockz99Blockz99 Posts: 5,045
    Forum Member
    As far as I understand it WS, Tom Cruise and John Travolta are into scientology.

Now, about that 'in the closet celebs' thread *cough* *ahem*... :D

Lol....I love the Southpark in the closet episode with these three in it :D
    On a serious note - These three actors credibility ,popularity and careers have been on a slow downward slide for a few years to different degrees . Will is now beginning to show the "scientology affect" and I think it will get worse for him.
    I'm surprised that any actor in hollywood would join this cult today as it seems to have become a slow kiss of death career wise.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another **** celebrity supporting scientology

This cult seems to be drawing in film stars in America. They can't seem to see that they're being used for their money.
  • yaristamanyaristaman Posts: 1,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blockz99 wrote: »
    You enjoy looking at Hitlers painting or listening to Gary Glitters music ?

So you're equating being in Scientology with being a paedophile and a despot?:confused:

To answer your question: GG music I never listened to anyway. Not my thing.

I've never seen a Hitler painting but if I did I would judge it as a painting not by who painted it. The same way I can quite happily watch a Mel Gibson film. I enjoy the art and the personal life of the artist is wholly irrelevant to me.
  • codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So you're equating being in Scientology with being a paedophile and a despot?:confused:

I dont know who should feel most slighted, Scientologists or Paedophiles.
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't know he was a scientologist either. There was a show recently, I think it was on Channel 4(?) about scientology - they seemed to be targeting someone who had left the church and was offering an alternative way of being a scientologist away from the church I think?. It all seemed quite sinister. I'm disappointed that Will would be involved in such an organisation to be honest, there is something quite sinister about it but yes, its also true that people's personal lives should be their business only, as long as their not breaking the law or anything. I remember hearing the basic concepts of scientology - it seems hard to believe all the talk about aliens and everything and there seemed to be a focus on wealth which made me uncomfortable.

It seems a big money spinner to me but what do I know?.
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Basically you pay them to brainwash you into paying them more.
  • Mark39LondonMark39London Posts: 3,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These people must either be very gullible or have secrets that they don't want exposed.

Although why they tell them to the scientology nutcases in the first place bewilders me. The returns must be worth it, maybe more work or something?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IvanIV wrote: »
    Basically you pay them to brainwash you into paying them more.

If so, I'd have thought Will would be too clever to fall for that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IzzyS wrote: »
    If so, I'd have thought Will would be too clever to fall for that.

The same could be said for Cruise, Travolta and all these other mega rich film stars. I'm wondering if this Scientology cult is the latest trend going for the film stars these days. It must just be a trend because if not, this means that all these mega rich film stars are easily manipulated and led.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    The same could be said for Cruise, Travolta and all these other mega rich film stars. I'm wondering if this Scientology cult is the latest trend going for the film stars these days. It must just be a trend because if not, this means that all these mega rich film stars are easily manipulated and led.

Will seemed a bit more down to earth and laidback somehow than Cruise etc. though but then I've never been keen on Cruise and Travolta, so maybe im biased? I might be totally wrong though.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,383
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    Glad it's been shut down. Scientology's a right bad organisation. I hope more Scientology things shut down.

As bad as it is, it's significantly less socially detrimental than the stuff taught in Christian and Muslim schools.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    As bad as it is, it's significantly less socially detrimental than the stuff taught in Christian and Muslim schools.

I can't remember the last war fought over Scientology.