Russell Howard fundraising for Scientology

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AOTB wrote: »
    I now have 2 reasons to dislike Russell Howard. ;-)

Nope, just one. He has stated on his Facebook page he is doing nothing of the sort.

Nice to be judged by many here based on one link though huh.

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialRussellHoward/posts/10151778344928344
  • AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    Nope, just one. He has stated on his Facebook page he is doing nothing of the sort.

Nice to be judged by many here based on one link though huh.

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialRussellHoward/posts/10151778344928344

Hmm, I'm now wondering whether I need to re-judge him based on your 'one link'. This forum stuff can be confusing at times. ;-)

Do you know what, I'm going with you on this one Bibi. I am officially back to just the one reason to dislike him now.
  • Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never been a fan of Russell Howard anyway thankfully but I instantly lose respect for anyone the second I find out they are into Scientology. Vile, evil cult.
  • blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm shocked that people pay to see him.
  • LucyconLucycon Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    The Facebook page quoted in the OP has now disappeared, so perhaps RH has told this John Wood person to shut it or else.

He's a still an unfunny pr*ck though.
  • The DoveThe Dove Posts: 1,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Facebook post was removed, but there are screenshots of it.

I'm delighted to hear Russell isn't doing this gig :D
  • The DoveThe Dove Posts: 1,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm treading carefully here, but there seems to be more to the story.

http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2013/12/18/19300/scam_targets_russell_howard_fans
    Wood's post has since been deleted but Howard fans have described how they had been approached via Facebook and asked if they would buy tickets to the non-existent event.
    In a Twitter exchange with the comedy discussion site Cook'd and Bomb'd, one fan told how Wood offered her a 'VIP ticket' for £800.
  • Blockz99Blockz99 Posts: 5,045
    Forum Member
    Is it possible that they have hired him for the evening, and he's just doing a corporate gig for them, rather than having donated to them or become a member or anything?

I hope not that would be worse putting in the Jimmy Carr league of hypocricy :o
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems as if his name has been used without his consent for this? Some scam or other to try and rope people in?
  • LenitiveLenitive Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    It seems as if his name has been used without his consent for this? Some scam or other to try and rope people in?

Yeah, wouldn't be surprised if this was the case. I hope we found out more because this was one of the stranger stories I've read in the Showbiz section in quite a while!
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,373
    Forum Member
    Would it be less "evil" if he was raising money for Christianity or Islam?

As strange and sinister as Scientology is, there's no reason to single it out when established religions/cults/faiths (all effectively the same thing) raise enormous amounts of money and are responsible for far more pain and suffering today and in history than Scientology, as I explained on the other thread.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe it was Howard Russell.
  • Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moggio wrote: »
    Scientology isn't a religious organisation.

It is however a cult based on the mad ramblings of an idiot, its a cult that abuses and intimidates and covers up scandals galore.

Scientologists are scum and the cult can be compared to the shitiest shite in the land

Saying that I was tempted to join as they had a well fit woman in their ranks I so wanted to bang, trouble was she was already banging every other member.:o
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    You could easily be talking about Christianity :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As much as I would love Russell Howard to come to East Grinstead (I live here), I'm very glad he's not coming for this reason!