Do you replace swear words with other words?

2»

Comments

• Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do I ****.

LOL my replacement been censored :D
    Next time insert spaces.
    F e c k
  • DomestosDomestos Posts: 7,014
    Forum Member
    I get it if you have kids around but hearing a grown up use words like sugar and fudge sounds ludicrous. It's not as if we don't know what you mean, so say the damn word properly!
  • Bedlam_maidBedlam_maid Posts: 5,921
    Forum Member
    I do try not to swear. I can't afford for it to slip into my working life. I might use 'tadpole' or in extreme cases 'damn and blast'.
  • UffaUffa Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I swear too much, but I am trying to stop. It is not easy though. :(
  • Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't in real life but I'm never sure if we're allowed to swear on here so...

2.9 - Profanity
    We have a language filter in place which should block terms deemed too offensive for use. Evading this filter by masking letters with an asterisk, reversing letter order or substituting numbers for letters will likely result in a ban. Swearing at people or groups is not permitted.

'May have had a little too much to drink last night. I feel like shit!' would be fine. Posts such as 'You're a w*nker, I hate you!' and 'That makes no sense, piss off!' are not.
  • UffaUffa Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you swear Joni?
  • HelenW82HelenW82 Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    I have started saying 'frigging' a lot and I'm not sure why.

"Are you frigging kidding me?" Was used a lot recently not sure where I picked it up from.

I tend to not swear around my grandparents and at work as am in an open plan office.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Uffa wrote: »
    Do you swear Joni?

Yes, a lot. Too much in fact.

I rarely swear AT anyone, more in response to news stories and divvy politicians.

I say FFS regularly.
  • Archie DukeArchie Duke Posts: 1,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My old foreman used to utter "Get To Falkirk" at times of stress.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember when Scunthorpe was censored on here, didn't go down well with footie supporters.

Feckless used to be blocked too.
  • MrsceeMrscee Posts: 5,271
    Forum Member
    Futtocks seems to be a word I use when I seem to do something wrong or drop something and try 3 times to pick it up.
  • UKMikeyUKMikey Posts: 28,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tend to say blooming or flipping instead of ****ing in polite company or when kids or old folks are within earshot.
  • SoundboxSoundbox Posts: 6,241
    Forum Member
    I use 'lemon drop'.

You're a right lemon drop
    It's lemon drop in here
    Well lets lemon drop
    Lemon Drop

With lemon drop I don't miss swearing at all. I even said lemon drop as I was struck by a car and thrown to the floor. I said to the driver they were a lemon drop.
  • Slarti BartfastSlarti Bartfast Posts: 6,607
    Forum Member
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    I sometimes say twunt.

That's almost worse, in a way, because it conjures two actual words. Like twastard. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tend to adopt the pseudo-swear words from sci-fi shows to replace actual swear words. Either use frak (from battlestar galactica) or frell (from farscape), instead of f**k, and dren (farscape) instead of s**t. They get the point across well enough.
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Next time insert spaces.
    F e c k
    Ah ok and I see you sussed my word :)
  • Slarti BartfastSlarti Bartfast Posts: 6,607
    Forum Member
    podgicus wrote: »
    I tend to adopt the pseudo-swear words from sci-fi shows to replace actual swear words. Either use frak (from battlestar galactica) or frell (from farscape), instead of f**k, and dren (farscape) instead of s**t. They get the point across well enough.

The point being you're a massive geek? :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The point being you're a massive geek? :p

Haha, something like that!
  • BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, but my daughter was listening to Britney's song 'If You Seek Amy'. Umm, just read the title of the song to yourself over and over until it comes to you. :o
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    I sometimes say twunt.
    That's almost worse, in a way, because it conjures two actual words. Like twastard. :D

I know but twit and runt as just too offensive.
  • barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    Sometimes but other times I just say them.