The X Factor - Live Show Weekend 2 - Sat/Sun ITV1/HD 8:20/8:00 - Discussion Thread

Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Welcome to tonight's discussion thread for The X Factor at 8:20pm Saturday and 8:00pm Sunday!

It's all moody stares and puppy-dog eyes as this week the contestants take on "Love and Heartbreak" as they compete for your votes!

The X Factor Gazette:

Jahmene Douglas reveals purity ring: "I'm a virgin"

Gary Barlow, Louis Walsh 'still not speaking'

'X Factor' Dermot, judges, producer have 'crisis meeting' - pictures

Cheryl Cole on "crazy" Nicole Scherzinger: She kept singing in my face

Lucy Spraggan scraps rehearsals after grandma dies

Chris Maloney 'is big headed, different off camera'

'X Factor' producer denies instructing Louis Walsh on Carolynne Poole exit

James Arthur is perfect, says Jodie Marsh

This week in X Factor history:

4Tune are eliminated and Chenai survives (Season 2)
Verity Keays fails to survive the bottom 2 (Season 1)
TreyC Cohen takes on Purple Rain (Season 7)
Cheryl Cole launches her solo career and Whitney has a wardrobe malfunction (Season 6)
Alisha Bennett enters the bottom 2 for the second time (Season 4)
The judges vote to send home Nu Vibe over Frankie Cocozza (Season 8)

Last year's contestants took on Love and Heartbreak with the following:

Nu Vibe "With or Without You" - [Highlight]Bottom two, eliminated[/highlight]
Sami Brookes "I Will Always Love You" - Safe
Craig Colton "Best Thing I Never Had" - Safe
Janet Devlin"Can't Help Falling in Love" - Safe
Frankie Cocozza "The Scientist" - [highlight]Bottom two[/highlight]
Johnny Robinson "Can't Get You Out of My Head" - Safe
Marcus Collins "Russian Roulette" - Safe
Little Mix "I'm Like a Bird" - Safe
Misha B "Would I Lie to You?" - Safe
The Risk "Just the Way You Are" - Safe
Sophie Habibis "Wherever You Will Go" - Safe
Kitty Brucknell "It's Oh So Quiet" - Safe
This week's celebrity guests:

Taylor Swift - We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together (pre-recorded)
Rebecca Ferguson - Backtrack (Heaven: Deluxe Edition is released on 15/10/12)

Odds:

Outright:

Ella Henderson - 5/6
Jahmene Douglas - 5/1
James Arthur - 8/1
Kye Sones - 10/1
Lucy Spraggan - 33/1
Union J - 16/1
District 3 - 25/1
Jade Ellis - 16/1
Melanie Masson - 25/1
Christopher Maloney - 40/1
MK1 - 25/1
Rylan Clark - 66/1

First Act Announced Safe:

Ella Henderson - 8/1
Jahmene Douglas - 7/1
James Arthur - 6/1
Kye Sones - 12/1
Lucy Spraggan - 7/1
Union J - 10/1
District 3 - 10/1
Jade Ellis - 10/1
Melanie Masson - 10/1
Christopher Maloney - 12/1
MK1 - 10/1
Rylan Clark - 10/1
See more at the source (via William Hill)

Enjoy the weekend and a good evening to everybody!

All spoilers in tags :)

Comments

• SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I think the show is going to be quite a night of fireworks.
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the thread Zack can't wait till sat
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really hope the other 11 are watching their backs very carefully if Rylan is in the bottom two again this week

They must wonder who will be the next pawn to be sacrificed to make way for that desperate for fame buffoon

If last week's 'fireworks' are anything to go by I dread to think what the reaction will be this week and indeed every week that HE stays in the competition
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    richie4eva wrote: »
    Really hope the other 11 are watching their backs very carefully if Rylan is in the bottom two again this week

They must wonder who will be the next pawn to be sacrificed to make way for that desperate for fame buffoon

If last week's 'fireworks' are anything to go by I dread to think what the reaction will be this week and indeed every week that HE stays in the competition

I get the feeling you're not Rylan fan, richie. I don't know why... :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    I get the feeling you're not Rylan fan, richie. I don't know why... :D

Is it that obvious :D
  • BananafishBananafish Posts: 13,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If he's in bottom 2 I think he will go, having all this from week 1 is more bait and switch.

Plus there are loads of 'controversies' and drama left to play, Lucy being hammered for being Lucy, Arthur battling to find his integrity, battle of the boyblands, Kye's battle with anonymity, Christopher being unmasked as Satan ...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bananafish wrote: »
    If he's in bottom 2 I think he will go, having all this from week 1 is more bait and switch.

Plus there are loads of 'controversies' left to play, Lucy being hammered for being Lucy, Arthur battling to find his integrity, battle of the boyblands, Kye's battle with anonymity, Christopher being unmasked as Satan ...

They hardly ever get rid of the joke act until the tour places are up for grabs, that's the problem :(

I reckon one of the groups will be in danger this week

The girls and boys won't be in any danger until we get to the business end of the show and they certainly won't want to risk Gary losing another one of his acts too early

Well, Mr Redface can go as the novelty will wear off pretty soon with him if it hasn't already...Melanie and Dick Van Kye can stay for a bit :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They hardly ever get rid of the joke act until the tour places are up for grabs, that's the problem

I reckon one of the groups will be in danger this week

The girls and boys won't be in any danger until we get to the business end of the show and they certainly won't want to risk Gary losing another one of his acts too early

Well, Christopher can go as the novelty will wear off with him...Melanie and Kye can stay for a bit :p

Didn't they bugger around with the tour last year and stick whoever on it anyway?

As said in the other thread Rylan isn't the joke act, more the villain and he runs counter to the theme of the show this year which is a very hamfisted attempt at integrity.

We'll see how it all goes down tomorrow but Rylan could be used up very quickly just like the show dived into it very quickly. If he was actually entertaining people he wouldn't have been in the bottom 2 week one so he isn't a great pull as far as the show is concerned. More used just to create controversy.
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think the front-runners like Ella and Jahmene are already doing that. I'm definitely sure one of the groups is going, but it would be sweet revenge if we had an all group sing-off! :D
  • hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder what Gary will do if on Sunday Rylan is safe and one of his is in the bottom 2 again...wouldnt like to be in his way, I'll tell you that :D
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    Rooting for all the groups, jade, Ella and rylan. Would not be bothered if kye, chris, James and Lucy left. Like Melanie and jaheme, but not my faves.
  • Last RequestLast Request Posts: 2,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The theme should suit likes of Chris tonight. On that basis Rylan and MK1 will be in trouble can see both in the bottom 2 on Sunday.
  • TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder what Gary will do if on Sunday Rylan is safe and one of his is in the bottom 2 again...wouldnt like to be in his way, I'll tell you that :D

Gary might have another tantrum.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sex wrote: »
    Thanks for the thread Zack can't wait till sat

No problem...it's certainly going to be an interesting weekend :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,550
    Forum Member
    I would like to see Melanie or Jade go....really boring contestants...:cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Asked if he had his eye on any X Factor co-stars, Douglas explained: "They're quite young aren't they? They're either a lesbian or too young."

lololol Pure Jahmene :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Judo wrote: »

I quite like Jade...I think she'll be a late bloomer. I think she has more to offer yet. I'm indifferent to Melanie though. I really want to see Christopher, Lucy, Ryan or James leave. Dislike them all.
  • LunarLegendLunarLegend Posts: 3,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Judo wrote: »

Would like to see Jade eliminated this week but Melanie on the other hand for me is one of the more interesting contestants hope she is the last Over standing.
  • SatanelSatanel Posts: 11,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yay, hey Zack.

I'm only really watching for Melanie so I'm not sure how much more I could take if she were to be eliminated. I thought her performance last week was unbelievable and would love to see her blow everybody away again; I do think she's the best singer in the competition, I can't stand these 'she shouts" claims. :p

I would love to see Christopher leave, or a mixture of... well, anyone except Melanie. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good afternoon everyone, thanks for the thread Zack. Thank goodness I haven't got a favourite this year, although I do want to see Rylan go. Will see you all later
  • LunarLegendLunarLegend Posts: 3,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Satanel wrote: »
    Yay, hey Zack.

I'm only really watching for Melanie so I'm not sure how much more I could take if she were to be eliminated. I thought her performance last week was unbelievable and would love to see her blow everybody away again; I do think she's the best singer in the competition, I can't stand these 'she shouts" claims. :p

I would love to see Christopher leave, or a mixture of... well, anyone except Melanie. :D

The orange one is gaining power by the day by Halloween he will be at full power.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    TerryM22 wrote: »
    Gary might have another tantrum.

That depends if its in the script :D
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Chris Maloney 'is big headed, different off camera'
    Outright:

Ella Henderson - 5/6
    Jahmene Douglas - 5/1
    James Arthur - 8/1
    Kye Sones - 10/1
    Lucy Spraggan - 33/1
    Union J - 16/1
    District 3 - 25/1
    Jade Ellis - 16/1
    Melanie Masson - 25/1
    Christopher Maloney - 40/1
    MK1 - 25/1
    Rylan Clark - 66/1

First Act Announced Safe:

Ella Henderson - 8/1
    Jahmene Douglas - 7/1
    James Arthur - 6/1
    Kye Sones - 12/1
    Lucy Spraggan - 7/1
    Union J - 10/1
    District 3 - 10/1
    Jade Ellis - 10/1
    Melanie Masson - 10/1
    Christopher Maloney - 12/1
    MK1 - 10/1
    Rylan Clark - 10/1
    See more at the source (via William Hill)

We were saying this about Cheesy Baloney from the start ;):(

Come on Rylan... he can beat those odds :):p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The orange one is gaining power by the day by Halloween he will be at full power.
    silentNate wrote: »
    We were saying this about Cheesy Baloney from the start ;):(

Come on Rylan... he can beat those odds :):p

I fear tonight is going to be all about his sickening lies.

The theme should really be called Lies & Deception.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Satanel wrote: »
    Yay, hey Zack.

Hey hey Z :D I think Melanie has a unique voice and style, but for me she needs to develop a bit more. But she's by no means the worst at all. I just need to see a bit more from her before I settle on an opinion. I loved her audition though, one of my favourites this series.
    tinkie wrote: »
    Good afternoon everyone, thanks for the thread Zack. Thank goodness I haven't got a favourite this year, although I do want to see Rylan go. Will see you all later

No problem, I'm right there with you in the Get Rylan Out Club...should be a good show tonight. :D