Options

SkyGo gets 14 more channels

aerofly2aerofly2 Posts: 2,448
Forum Member
✭✭✭
SkyGo to get 14 extra channels from today,
quote:

"There will now be a total of 57 channels on Sky Go. The latest 14 to be added are: Comedy Central, MTV, Dave, Watch, Gold, Discovery, Nat Geo, History, Alibi, Nat Geo Wild, TLC, Animal Planet, Good Food and Eden.
Sky Go Extra has proved popular with users with 219,000 upgrading to the new service in the last quarter, allowing them to use Sky Go on more devices and download shows and movies to watch wherever they are.

Sky Go will have the extra 14 channels from today, available to watch over 3G/4G or Wi-Fi."

Comments

• Options
    BangersBangers Posts: 3,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yup they've appeared.

Weren't some of these channels on the old Sky Player service (back in the days when BBC on-demand stuff was on it)? I'm sure I used to watch Gold on it.
  • Options
    TFeOnlineTFeOnline Posts: 536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are these available on the Xbox version?
  • Options
    Parker45Parker45 Posts: 5,855
    Forum Member
    Yes, got them. Excellent!
  • Options
    patsharpatshar Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    Also, they are now offering sky go extra for £2.50 a mth for 12 months instead of a £5.00
  • Options
    timo_w2stimo_w2s Posts: 3,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Comedy Central at last!! Now just need to get a few more of their catch up programmes on there too... it's an early Christmas present.
  • Options
    spearce8spearce8 Posts: 205
    Forum Member
    When the Sport/Movies are available in HD for ipad (they'll look nice on Retina) I'll take notice.
  • Options
    pogitpogit Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't say to much little ears about but but I have a query re android devices I hear a few my be getting a sleigh ride soon ;)

my query is as the main user sky movies app works on a CUDDLE but as additional users (separate child account) the sky movies app fails any ideas why?

Also is this likely to happen when the skygo android app is launched? (Device sounds like alfresco cuddle if that helps)

I'm pretty new to android so any help is appreciated TY

PS Sorry for the coded message but those who know the answer will know the question....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    pogit wrote: »
    I can't say to much little ears about but but I have a query re android devices I hear a few my be getting a sleigh ride soon ;)

my query is as the main user sky movies app works on a CUDDLE but as additional users (separate child account) the sky movies app fails any ideas why?

Also is this likely to happen when the skygo android app is launched? (Device sounds like alfresco cuddle if that helps)

I'm pretty new to android so any help is appreciated TY

PS Sorry for the coded message but those who know the answer will know the question....

I have know idea what your on about except, maybe parental controls is stoping the skymovies app?
  • Options
    walmesdanwalmesdan Posts: 806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aerofly2 wrote: »
    SkyGo to get 14 extra channels from today,
    quote:

"There will now be a total of 57 channels on Sky Go. The latest 14 to be added are: Comedy Central, MTV, Dave, Watch, Gold, Discovery, Nat Geo, History, Alibi, Nat Geo Wild, TLC, Animal Planet, Good Food and Eden.
    Sky Go Extra has proved popular with users with 219,000 upgrading to the new service in the last quarter, allowing them to use Sky Go on more devices and download shows and movies to watch wherever they are.

Sky Go will have the extra 14 channels from today, available to watch over 3G/4G or Wi-Fi."

I have tried to play the 'newly added' channels (ie Alibi, Watch, TLC etc) on Sky Go...via my PC & my nexus 7....but they won't play....just says...'Try Later (followed by a code...627 I think)...but when I try the original channels that have been on Sky Go before today & they are working ok...ie Sky One, Sky Living, Sky Arts 1 etc)...Strange :confused::confused::rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry I had a child hovering over my shoulder, the sky movies app appears to work well on a hudl using the main account but on a secondary account the app fails to load, I thought like you it would be child protection settings but I turned off all the ones I could find and still no luck. I'm new to android so may have missed something obvious, but if anyone has it running on a similar set up I would be interested to know that it is possible to have it running smoothly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had a similar error on my iPad while trying to watch Dave but others worked. Hopefully the fact Dave etc are on board may mean the BBC and Sky are playing nicely together finally?
  • Options
    aerofly2aerofly2 Posts: 2,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pogit wrote: »
    I had a similar error on my iPad while trying to watch Dave but others worked. Hopefully the fact Dave etc are on board may mean the BBC and Sky are playing nicely together finally?

I sincerely doubt that! If they were, then the ongoing problem with no BBC catch up service on the Sky+ app wouldn't have been going on for over 12 months :rolleyes:
  • Options
    popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    Still a poor resolution with no HD offering though...
    Sky can add 200 channels, if they're not making atleast 720p available, its like watching a moving chess board half the time..
  • Options
    FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It has to with VM's player.
  • Options
    Young TurksYoung Turks Posts: 3,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    popeye13 wrote: »
    Still a poor resolution with no HD offering though...
    Sky can add 200 channels, if they're not making atleast 720p available, its like watching a moving chess board half the time..

Although I welcome addition of new channels it is really poor we can't have HD on the go in this day and age.