Options

Home & Away lesbian kiss censored!!!

1235»

Comments

• Options
    EdwardPEdwardP Posts: 3,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RTE won't censor it, unless they recieve it that way directly from Australia.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    If its true that it was only a remour and the kiss was not planned to be censored then why does channel 7 did not come out a say that storyline with gay content being censored is false. Does channel 7 not worry that its viewers might think its homophobic and pandering to reglious groups. Maybe they want people to believe the remour of gay content being censored is real to keep consertive groups happy. Maybe it really has been censored as channel 7 has not denied that its being censored.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 9,688
    Forum Member
    I wish they would leave it in for the UK, show them that not every country are behind in the times. 100 thouasand tuning out is pathetic really. .. shows how bad it is in Australia just because of a storyline, all the homophobics come out and rant.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they do this, then they are saying homosexuality is wrong, which isn't.

I'm ashamed that so many people can be ignorant and complain about a gay kiss. It is the 21st century:mad:
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,306
    Forum Member
    I am still waiting for the "Ths is just a rip-off/copy of McDean"- Soaps first ever and only gay couple you know. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    I hope they don't censor it out in the UK...silly if they do :rolleyes:
  • Options
    cfc86cfc86 Posts: 31,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xTonix wrote: »
    I am still waiting for the "Ths is just a rip-off/copy of McDean"- Soaps first ever and only gay couple you know. :D

Course they are.
    And I'm the tooth fairy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    Has this been shown in Australia yet?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was shown in Australia today... yesterday... oh the time difference confuses me! I am still waiting for an upload to youtbue. Apparently it was adorable. Yey! :D
    Although apparently two kisses were filmed, one more passionate than the other and they screened the less passionate one.
  • Options
    RileyMRileyM Posts: 2,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was shown in Australia today... yesterday... oh the time difference confuses me! I am still waiting for an upload to youtbue. Apparently it was adorable. Yey! :D
    Although apparently two kisses were filmed, one more passionate than the other and they screened the less passionate one.

yes...
    the less passionate one was show...
    i just saw it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    Woudl someone be able to post a link for me? I just want to see what the big deal is about.

Thanks
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is pathetic. What century are people living in if they get offended because of a gay kiss:mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,575
    Forum Member
    It doesn't really matter anyway the bigots haven't got much to worry about, this storyline is only a 6 week long one and isn't mean't to run longterm so no doubt Charlie will be back with a guy soon enough-Aussie tv can't handle longterm gay characters on their tv shows.
  • Options
    jagged_deathjagged_death Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    kittykat30 wrote: »
    It doesn't really matter anyway the bigots haven't got much to worry about, this storyline is only a 6 week long one and isn't mean't to run longterm so no doubt Charlie will be back with a guy soon enough-Aussie tv can't handle longterm gay characters on their tv shows.
    Well kittykat, 2 months later and you are proven right. I seriously don't get why the soap insist on inflicting us with these lame assed gay plotline. Do they seriously think people like them? I didn't like Joey much bu seriously the way they dealt with this is just plain horrible. I'm sure they are setting up for Charlie/Angelo to get back together shortly.

I know what they were thinking - easy publicity but seriously I thought tv shows were passed that. I guess we will continue to get sensationalist gay storylines until the point that such a story isn't sensational anymore. Australian tv is so behind British tv(and Spanish tv from what I've heard).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    This doesn't surprise me.... I remember always being highly amused that in Australian soaps people never "fancied" anyone else it was always "liked" lol.... then they moved onto "got the hots for" :D:D:D... you only "loved" anyone when you got married to them. :D. I was shocked the other day in Home and Away when Aden said that other guy had 'raped' Joey because I remember during the Kane/Dani storyline it was always "what he did" with the implication being that Kane had raped Dani although they never actually dared to say it outright.

What a strange comment.

People in Australian soaps don't say they 'fancy' each other, because Australians don't use that term, and haven't for decades.

It sounds very quaint and old fashioned. Like something out of an old Carry On movie.

Oooh I fancy a roll Sid.
    OK let's go upstairs then.
    I meant a sausage roll!

Australians do in fact use the term 'like' just in the way you describe. :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 231
    Forum Member
    What a strange comment.

People in Australian soaps don't say they 'fancy' each other, because Australians don't use that term, and haven't for decades.

It sounds very quaint and old fashioned. Like something out of an old Carry On movie.

Oooh I fancy a roll Sid.
    OK let's go upstairs then.
    I meant a sausage roll!

Australians do in fact use the term 'like' just in the way you describe. :confused:

It's very strange that you replied to a 4 year old comment. :confused:

Anyway thanks for bringing it to my attention that H&A had a lesbian kiss! I wasn't watching it back in 2009 so will check that out! ;)