Why is the Tom Daley tweeter being questioned by police ?

Comments

• PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What ever will this tweeters parents be thinking after making those threats, poor Tom :(
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    ..but it was only an opinion..

.. an excuse often trotted out by people who have posted abuse and then been called out on it.

either that or "aww it was just a joke mate .. a joke innit ?". never actually intended to be a joke of course, but a joke if the person actually takes action against it.

got no sympathy for the little idiot at all ..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KookyKatie wrote: »
    If that's true, it only makes him look worse. If he exhibits a pattern of behaviour that involves violent threats and racial abuse, all the more reason for the police to get involved.

I've heard people try to excuse him as a 17 year old boy mouthing off, but it's not as if 17 year old boys never attack people. He may never show the initiative to track down and attack the people he harasses on Twitter, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he's been violent towards people he actually knows.

And he won't be 17 forever. It's because people excuse the antisocial behaviour of little toerags as mere immaturity that they grow up to become criminals. A little discipline and a stern talking to from the police is exactly what people like him need.

This was posted by munta in the other thread.

If you are going to slag the guy off (which you have every right to do of course ;)), at least get your facts right. The youtube vid is not about Tom. Is entirely about another individual who Rileyy has being arguing with for the past 4 months. uote:
  • Akane TendoAkane Tendo Posts: 4,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not just that tweet, he threatened to drown him and sent other abusive messages to him. He also sent abusive tweets to other users. The **** has a history of threatening people and some of the things he has come out with are just vile.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Whoever he's talking about - his parents must be so proud. Such eloquence! :eek:
  • tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Haha what a d!ck.

The tweets I would of let slide, they should of gone at him for incitement to violence from this vid and also for looking like a shaved monkey with a Desperate Dan chin. lol
  • *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is strange that so many of the news agencies are reporting that the police are involved, but relating it only to the one, blatently offensive, but also legal, tweet. No wonder so many people are confused.

From what I've read about his tweets and video rant, it sounds as if he needs some kind of intervention. He appears to have serious issues, so hopefully the publicity and official involvement will help him get some help to deal with his anger.
  • tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Sparkle* wrote: »
    It is strange that so many of the news agencies are reporting that the police are involved, but relating it only to the one, blatently offensive, but also legal, tweet. No wonder so many people are confused.

From what I've read about his tweets and video rant, it sounds as if he needs some kind of intervention. He appears to have serious issues, so hopefully the publicity and official involvement will help him get some help to deal with his anger.

Not to me, he's a typical Charva yob. You can't help people like this. He might grow out of it but it's doubtful.
  • KookyKatieKookyKatie Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »
    This was posted by munta in the other thread.

If you are going to slag the guy off (which you have every right to do of course ;)), at least get your facts right. The youtube vid is not about Tom. Is entirely about another individual who Rileyy has being arguing with for the past 4 months. uote:

And that excuses it? He was also threatening to attack a bunch of other people he hadn't been arguing with for 4 months...
  • KookyKatieKookyKatie Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whoever he's talking about - his parents must be so proud. Such eloquence! :eek:

Somehow I get the feeling that if there are parents in the picture, they're not doing much in the way of parenting...
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .. an excuse often trotted out by people who have posted abuse and then been called out on it.

either that or "aww it was just a joke mate .. a joke innit ?". never actually intended to be a joke of course, but a joke if the person actually takes action against it.

got no sympathy for the little idiot at all ..

I've got no sympathy for him now that I know the full background.

But if you look at the link I posted, it appeared that all he originally said was that Tom had let his Dad down, which is hardly police investigation worthy, in and of itself.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    moonburn wrote: »
    it wasnt only that remark.
    He went into other areas not only about Tom.
    its time twitter got cleanedup people think they can just go on there say whatever they like
    yet step out the door and do the same you get arrested.

This isnt just a case of PC gone made he's said some pretty horrendous comments

Twitter seems to have a very bad reputation for trolls. It's starting to get as bad as Facebook now.
  • CaldariCaldari Posts: 5,890
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    Twitter seems to have a very bad reputation for trolls. It's starting to get as bad as Facebook now.

Again, they're not trolls. They're poorly educated idiots with internet access.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Awww I bet he's clucking for a fix.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Mental nutcase in that video.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    I've got no sympathy for him now that I know the full background.

But if you look at the link I posted, it appeared that all he originally said was that Tom had let his Dad down, which is hardly police investigation worthy, in and of itself.

in a sense, you're right. it's not like the idiot who posted racist tweets after fabrice muamba had a heart attack i suppose. but it's still something that's probably deeply hurtful to tom daley.

but then I guess there's the possibility that there's more to the story than what has been printed, which is usually the case.
  • decobelledecobelle Posts: 4,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Twitter is a vile place really, I don't know why anyone's on there! Particularly celebs, who regularly seem to get themselves in the s*it over their tweets!
  • franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If that's true, it only makes him look worse. If he exhibits a pattern of behaviour that involves violent threats and racial abuse, all the more reason for the police to get involved.

I've heard people try to excuse him as a 17 year old boy mouthing off, but it's not as if 17 year old boys never attack people. He may never show the initiative to track down and attack the people he harasses on Twitter, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he's been violent towards people he actually knows.

And he won't be 17 forever. It's because people excuse the antisocial behaviour of little toerags as mere immaturity that they grow up to become criminals. A little discipline and a stern talking to from the police is exactly what people like him need.

^ Agreed.
  • franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    decobelle wrote: »
    Twitter is a vile place really, I don't know why anyone's on there! Particularly celebs, who regularly seem to get themselves in the s*it over their tweets!

I've never thought of signing up for either Twitter or Facebook and from what I've seen of them lately glad I didn't bother.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,103
    Forum Member
    Because all the proper crimes are solved. Nobody gets into fights, drives dangerously or anything like that anymore. The police have to do something with their time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Like everyone else I read about the offensive tweets to Tom Daley and thought "what a *rick" but also thought police involvement was over the top because the other threats and insults were not reported.

Why is that?

It's because TV and papers are incredibly shallow and facile. Insulting a British Olympic hopefull is far more newsworthy than threatening to kill a nobody (am I allowed to say that?).

I'm against education being used for social engineering, but time and time again I read a story and think how could those d*ckheads have gone through 9 years of education and not known it was wrong, whatever "it" was.

Several kids were sentenced today because a pack of 20 attacked and beat up someone they (wrongly) thought belonged to a rival gang. How stupid did they need to be to think they could kill someone and get away with it?

Was it last year when there was a big gang fight in Victoria, with all it's commuters, CCTV and railway police? Did the participants really think they could have a big fight in public - some of them carrying or using knives - without being pursued? Some kids leave school unaware that pretty much everything is traceable, some activity is not accepted in the outside world and even if they get away with it 9 times out of 10, just one criminal conviction will affect them in all sorts of ways for years.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently he's been given a warning over "harrassment". Interestingly ..
    Police said the teenager was given a harassment warning before being bailed pending an investigation into other communications on his Twitter account.

Seems like the kid has shot himself in the foot here ... idiot

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-19072301
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Troll's name is Reece Messer - well, certainly made a 'reet mess' of its life now. Bet it wishes it'd kept shush.
  • PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why do all these people in the public eye give out their addresses so that any Tom, Dick or Jane can tweet them personally:confused:

I bet none of them give out their postal addresses so anyone could send them letters.
  • CaldariCaldari Posts: 5,890
    Forum Member
    Troll's name is Reece Messer - well, certainly made a 'reet mess' of its life now. Bet it wishes it'd kept shush.

He's not a troll, that's just the latest buzzword the media have jumped on to make it sound as if they know anything about the subject at hand! He's just an uneducated knobhead with access to an internet connection. BloodNinja was a troll, and there's a distinct difference between trolling and being a dick on the internet. Actually, if you want to get pedantic, this useless waste of sperm is more of a 'flamer' than a troll.