Options

the time travellers.anybody remember it?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 527
Forum Member
✭✭
does anybody remember an American tv movie from the late 70s called the time travellers?(I think it was called that)been wanting to see this again for years.all I remember of it was the heroes went back in time by walking up a staircase into the clouds and tried to prevent a massive fire in some city.maybe sanfrancisco.it ended with them back in present day visiting the grave of a woman they met who was killed in the fire.it might have been a pilot for a series which never got made.

Comments

• Options
    mrkite77mrkite77 Posts: 5,386
    Forum Member
    No.. but I remember Voyagers! which was an *awful* 80s show about a guy who travels through time with a kid and makes sure history plays out as it should. It's basically Doctor Who when you think about it :) They even have everyone inexplicably speaking English.
  • Options
    FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone remember Sliders? Loved that show.
  • Options
    DiamondfishDiamondfish Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    I remember it! According to Wikipedia, it was supposed to be a reboot of The Time Tunnel, which I also enjoyed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_Travelers_%281976_film%29
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember it! According to Wikipedia, it was supposed to be a reboot of The Time Tunnel, which I also enjoyed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_Travelers_%281976_film%29

and the whole film is on youtube.great to see it again after 35 years or so.
  • Options
    Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    Always been surprised there's not been a remake of Land of the Giants, especially with the CGI that can be done these days.
  • Options
    Keefy-boyKeefy-boy Posts: 13,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's included as an extra on The Time Tunnel DVD box set, along with a 2002 pilot of a Time Tunnel reboot that didn't get picked up (because it was not very good in my opinion).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    Anyone remember Sliders? Loved that show.

Yes, Sliders was an excellent show. It is the short of show which should come back or have a reboot
  • Options
    djc45djc45 Posts: 217
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I think it was the great Chicago fire they were trying to prevent.I remember watching it as a kid back in the 70s. I believe it was an attempt for a reboot of the Irwin Allan Time Tunnel series, but the pilot was not picked up as a series.

It is indeed on as an extra on the Time Tunnel DVD set along with the pilot for a more recent time tunnel, that was not picked up either.All about finding a soldier in WW2 IIRC.

Does anyone remember the Kevinn McKidd series Journeyman, that was cancelled after 1 series? I thought that was good enough for a longer run IMHO.