Options

If I was show runner!

SJFerrolSJFerrol Posts: 357
Forum Member
My first 3 episodes would be in very sparse detail as follows!
my series arc will focus on 9 who will appear in the first 2 episodes and who's demise and destruction on earth will later be repeated by others who followed him!

Episode 1 - OFF/ON Part 1

The Doctor faces his most clever foe to date a living computer. As the world is slowly plunged into a prehistoric darkness as all communications are cut off The Doctor must come to the rescue as he tries to stop the hybrid alien simply known as 9 but things aren't that easy as 9 has help from cybermen he has programmed to obey his every command. There's one thing to know about 9 and that he is deadly!

Episode 2- OFF/ON PART 2

The world is still on lockdown. All communication is lost! The doctor finds himself overwhelmed by the weight of the situation. 9 has been responsibility for over 10,000 deaths and counting he is on a rampage and the doctor is forced to use unwathering force to stop him, he is forced to do the unthinkable! He calls upon the Daleks to help stop 9 someone they have once tried to defeat and someone they hate more than the doctor.

Episode 3 - The Molecular Disturbance

Following the events of OFF/ON the doctor retreats to a far gone planet Vall. Alls not well here however as reports of gas attacks soon reach the doctor! who is responsible! The doctor can't help but investigate!

Comments

• Options
    SJFerrolSJFerrol Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    no luck :(
  • Options
    Tom TitTom Tit Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, what kind of response do you want?

Anyone can come up with a concept. It takes a skilled writer to realize it.
  • Options
    Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    Tom Tit wrote: »

Yes. No disrespect to the original poster, but fans plot out
    imaginary seasons of "Doctor Who" all the time.
    Most DW fans have dreamed about being the showrunner at some point
    (I certainly did) but showrunning any TV show is incredibly difficult, let
    alone a show with the demands and public standing of Doctor Who.
  • Options
    trollfacetrollface Posts: 13,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that the Doctor using unwathering force might be going too far. A bit of wathering might be required, although we wouldn't want him to wather completely.
  • Options
    adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm intrigued by the planet Vall.
    I have an Auntie Val, who's quite large, though not the size of a planet.
    It's such a surprising name for a planet. Sounds more like a lady who works in Marks and Spencer. I wonder if the planet Vall is in the constellation of Brenda, near the star system Pam, in the Pauline galaxy?
  • Options
    KingsyKingsy Posts: 1,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SJFerrol wrote: »
    9 has been responsibility for over 10,000 deaths and counting he is on a rampage

Only 10,000?! Has he only massacred a village in the countryside?
  • Options
    trollfacetrollface Posts: 13,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And, question - is 9 Christopher Eccleston, or the CGI doll?
  • Options
    MinkytheDogMinkytheDog Posts: 5,658
    Forum Member
    Trying to be constructive here...

What you've written there is more like the press releases pumped out AFTER the stories have been finalised, scripted and filmed. Prime example is the "...faces his greatest foe to date" line - that's publicity material blurb. The abundant use of exclamation marks has the same effect - it says "I am telling you that this is exciting cos you'll not be able to work that out for yourselves".

There's almost no content for us as readers in your post. It's rather like me saying "I'm going to write a song about money and love and it will make you cry". You're telling us that your story is great but there is no story.

Writing your own stories or simply devising a plot outline is loads of fun and harms no-one but if you present them on this forum, I'm afraid you'll often get a rather dismissive - if not outright aggressive - response. If it's something you do want to try, it might be better to set-up a "freebie" Wordpress blog and "publish" them there - then just provide a link. In my experience, externally hosted stuff (stories, pictures etc) are less likely to be savaged and the authors less likely to be insulted by the insane few if they do it that way.

And a suggestion - if you are more interested in devising plotlines than you are in writing out complete scripts and screenplays, how about trying to find someone who writes but lacks the imagination - or even someone who wants to draw a comicbook and needs stories? People how are extremely good at one thing are not always so talented at others and teamwork is often creatively productive - it doesn't have to a be a one-man effort.
  • Options
    sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    trollface wrote: »
    I think that the Doctor using unwathering force might be going too far. A bit of wathering might be required, although we wouldn't want him to wather completely.

I once wathed.

It was awful.
  • Options
    Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd have Clara run into the 'wrong' tardis. Spend two or thee episodes with the 8thdoctor.
  • Options
    WillpurryWillpurry Posts: 2,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom Tit wrote: »

So when is Doctor Who going to get one?
  • Options
    lady_xanaxlady_xanax Posts: 5,662
    Forum Member
    This feels like it should be in a different section or a fan fiction website.