Options

Red Carpet Event on TV

No doubt there'll be interview clips all over the web by Wednesday afternoon from Tuesday's Red Carpet Press Launch (that's the general idea, after all), the full show will apparently be looped on the Red Button on Wednesday night from 7.25pm:
http://ukmediacentre.com/strictly/strictly-come-dancing-tv-and-radio-schedule/

Comments

• Options
    Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thanks for this info.
  • Options
    Reggie PerrinReggie Perrin Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    This is on now on the Red Button, Or Virgin 991 or Sky 980. It's only about 20 minutes, and will loop all night.

Zoe Ball hosts and speaks to all the celebs, presenters and judges, with profiles of the newb pro dancers and a behind-the-scenes look at the photo shoot.
  • Options
    Daisy19Daisy19 Posts: 3,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved it! Alison was hilarious and I really liked Steve (he sounded so young!)
    The new pro's looked good aswell.
  • Options
    Daily DreamsDaily Dreams Posts: 1,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just watching it now. Loving Alison too! :D I really think she'll have potential. I'm loving Tess/Claudia together too :cool:
  • Options
    fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Thom is doing the right thing - a bit of a charm offensive and showing he can dance. He looks like he will do well if he gets the right pro and gets past the first few weeks where he might be at risk if he currently has a small fanbase.

They are generally all coming across OK, with Alison being the most relaxed. Steve is a good off-the-cuff talker too, as is Tim. Despite being the oldest, Tim might be around for a while.
  • Options
    Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For some reason Trent immediately reminded me of Ian Waite.
    I'm looking forward to the New Pros dance, esp with Joanne (considering she's a fresh World champ).

I actually liked Caroline Flack, from the small amount of interview time we saw of the celebs . I know she's had flack for the Harry Styles liaison, but he was legally consenting at the time (?) and that thing is well over now so I think we can surely all move on from it. She just seems like a down to earth girl you could have a laugh with. I'll be interested to see how she does and if Brendan gets her like he seemed to say he wanted.
  • Options
    Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miriam_R wrote: »
    For some reason Trent immediately reminded me of Ian Waite.
    I'm looking forward to the New Pros dance, esp with Joanne (considering she's a fresh World champ).
    I actually liked Caroline Flack, from the small amount of interview time we saw of the celebs . I know she's had flack for the Harry Styles liaison, but he was a consenting adult at the time and it's long over now so I think we can surely all move on from it. She just seems like a down to earth girl you could have a laugh with. I'll be interested to see how she does and if Brendan gets her like he seemed to say he did.

That was what I thought about Caroline too. Of the younger ones, she spoke most naturally and collectedly and seemed there, if you know what I mean. And I warmed very much to Joanne too.
  • Options
    mirandawebmirandaweb Posts: 3,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just caught this on iPlayer (I was so caught up in back-to-school preparations that I hadn't realised we were so close to the start!)

My take on the contestants having heard the ones I wasn't familiar with speak about the show:

Favourites:

Tim Wonnacott
    Steve Backshall

Quite like:

Caroline Flack
    Gregg Wallace
    Jennifer Gibney
    Judy Murray
    Pixie Lott
    Thom Evans

Neutral/undecided:

Frankie Bridge
    Mark Wright
    Sunetra Sarker

Not really taken to them so far but nothing against them:

Jake Wood (who, to be fair, didn't really get much screen time on his own)
    Simon Webbe

Came into this with a mildly negative view of them & VTs didn't change that:

Scott Mills (for constantly spoilering the performances in the Eurovision semis & generally being a bit obnoxious as a Eurovision co-host.)
    Alison Hammond (I didn't really take to her in Big Brother either - I've always found her manner a bit forced/unconvincing.)

---

Even the ones I'm not so keen on I'm not massively anti at this stage. I'm just hoping that Tim and Steve stay in for at least a few weeks, because they are so charming. I really like those two!
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    mirandaweb wrote: »
    Just caught this on iPlayer (I was so caught up in back-to-school preparations that I hadn't realised we were so close to the start!)

My take on the contestants having heard the ones I wasn't familiar with speak about the show:

Favourites:

Tim Wonnacott
    Steve Backshall

Quite like:

Caroline Flack
    Gregg Wallace
    Jennifer Gibney
    Judy Murray
    Pixie Lott
    Thom Evans

Neutral/undecided:

Frankie Bridge
    Mark Wright
    Sunetra Sarker

Not really taken to them so far but nothing against them:

Jake Wood (who, to be fair, didn't really get much screen time on his own)
    Simon Webbe

Came into this with a mildly negative view of them & VTs didn't change that:

Scott Mills (for constantly spoilering the performances in the Eurovision semis & generally being a bit obnoxious as a Eurovision co-host.)
    Alison Hammond (I didn't really take to her in Big Brother either - I've always found her manner a bit forced/unconvincing.)

---

Even the ones I'm not so keen on I'm not massively anti at this stage. I'm just hoping that Tim and Steve stay in for at least a few weeks, because they are so charming. I really like those two!

I'm glad that this is on iPlayer because I missed it. I didn't think that it would be because it was on the red button.

I'll catch up with it tomorrow night before Saturday's launch! :)
  • Options
    tortoisepersontortoiseperson Posts: 3,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just found this on iPlayer. Shallow initial impressions:

Seeing Claud between Tess and Zoe made me think she's tiny - but she's 2 inches taller than me :o so I now realise how midgetty I must appear :(

Frankie has a mutant shaped head and no discernable personality
    Steve has an unexpectedly high voice
    Trent is disconcertingly wiggly
    Joanne sounds straight out of a Dawood & Tanner tooth advert
    Tristan - moody under-eyelash look!

Thom (sic) looks way too much like his ex, Kelly :o
    Jennifer - blink and you missed her - looks as though she could be fun
    Scott could be annoying
    [Little dig by Claud at Sophie last year, wanting to "hold onto her natural colour"?]
    Alison is already annoying. Miss Funnity MkII Zoe "Loves her" oh dear.
    Tim seems benign enough, at least he's more articulate than some of the younger ones
    Pixie is annoying
    Gregg (sic) and Jake have mutant SHINY heads. Gregg's is more pointy and what comes out of the front of it is definitely annoying. Jake, though possessing the taller head seems quieter and may be sweeter than his threatening looks.
    Judy looks rather wooden
    Mark SO fancies himself but has a really ugly voice
    Simon's mutant hairdo is sillier than Frankie's and his voice is annoying
    Sunetra seems cool but all the stethoscope gimmicks will wear thin so quickly
    Caroline - quite guarded I think
  • Options
    Andy_Smith1Andy_Smith1 Posts: 4,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If anyone wants to watch the Red Carpet Launch from outside the UK its on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyXubBO6wzw
    I actually quite like them all I even like Claudia and Tess more then I thought I would