Brucie to return

Andy_Smith1Andy_Smith1 Posts: 4,499
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/bruce-forsyth-make-strictly-come-4097750
Will return to hand over the Glitter ball to the Tess.i think its a nice idea, good way to give him a send off after 11 years

Comments

• dancing.queendancing.queen Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just when I thought it was safe.
  • PinkDiamondPinkDiamond Posts: 645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love that idea!
  • Spin turnSpin turn Posts: 1,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that's fine. I work on different projects and it is always nicer when people say a proper goodbye (admittedly that may have happened behind the scenes but Bruce's job was very much in the public eye).
  • boshealectaboshealecta Posts: 1,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im worried about Brucie doing this and keep returning for one off shows. It reinforces the fact it looks like the BBC would rather have him doing it full time and Tess and Claudia are second best
  • CloneClownCloneClown Posts: 6,296
    Forum Member
    Im worried about Brucie doing this and keep returning for one off shows. It reinforces the fact it looks like the BBC would rather have him doing it full time and Tess and Claudia are second best

I'm sure this will be a segment that lasts no longer than 5 minutes. Once that is done then he has doing left to do with the main series. Yes he will return for the CIN special and Xmas show which are by no means as serious. I doubt Claudia feels hard done by at not presenting these.
  • zolugzolug Posts: 2,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NOOOOOOOooooooooooooo.
  • mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was very keen for Bruce to step down, but I actually quite like this idea.
  • MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think anyone who's been the face of a show for as long as Bruce fronted Strictly Come Dancing deserves some sort of on-air send-off. As long as it doesn't get too gushy (Davina's last episode of Big Brother was positively vomitous) then I'm all for it.

And then McFly can run on and chase him off with a broom.
  • mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Monkseal wrote: »
    I think anyone who's been the face of a show for as long as Bruce fronted Strictly Come Dancing deserves some sort of on-air send-off. As long as it doesn't get too gushy (Davina's last episode of Big Brother was positively vomitous) then I'm all for it.

:D:D:D
  • aimeeaimee1000aimeeaimee1000 Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's a nice gesture,gone wrong though putting on two female presenters.
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lovely gesture :):)

Am I really the only one here who will miss him this serie :blush: ???
  • bean_of_sbbean_of_sb Posts: 7,840
    Forum Member

I came in to say after his final goodbye they should get McFly on to pester him off-set :D:D : D
  • Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    Doesn't do anything of the kind.

I'm sure the BBC was well aware that he was doddering and not always with it any more, and that it would ruin the show completely if he carried on. It does means that I will only have to mute the bit here he hands over and can enjoy the rest of the show without my finger on the mute button, unless, of course, they have him as the guest singer and he tries his shuffle and warble.

Considering the number of presenters they could have decided on, I'm equally sure that they are very happy with their choice of the tried and tested combination of Tess and Claudia.

Now the only thing that will bring the series to an end is not being able to persuade sufficient well-knowns to take part. They're struggling this year.
  • nancy1975nancy1975 Posts: 19,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Agreed, he has after all been synonymous with SCD for so long, it is appropriate to have that final thing at least.

:D:D Ah that McFly moment.
  • MarkBluemelMarkBluemel Posts: 1,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »

Yes you are. Get thee hence and nevermore return.
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »
    Lovely gesture :):)

Probably not the ONLY one, but possibly outnumbered :D
  • spotty_catspotty_cat Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Terry M will be pleased to see Brucie back.
  • Grumpy_AlanGrumpy_Alan Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/bruce-forsyth-make-strictly-come-4097750
    Will return to hand over the Glitter ball to the Tess.i think its a nice idea, good way to give him a send off after 11 years

Pity its 10 years too late!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spotty_cat wrote: »
    Terry M will be pleased to see Brucie back.

We'll be pleased to see the back of Fforsyth. :)

Not sure about seeing TerryM22 back though. :D
    He was often more entertaining than his hero, not difficult really.
  • coppertop1coppertop1 Posts: 4,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Who knows any of McFly to make this happen:D ?
  • BruciesChinBruciesChin Posts: 339
    Forum Member
    If only he was returning to introduce the programme.
  • Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    We'll be pleased to see the back of Fforsyth. :)

Not sure about seeing TerryM22 back though. :D
    He was often more entertaining than his hero, not difficult really.
    He might not come back - he was on winding up the rest of us.
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear!

"Marley's ghost," springs immediately to mind.

Yet another reason to only record this show and skip through the padding and waffle each week..

To think this was once a, "must watch show, live."

Sadly, not worth it for a number of years.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear!

"Marley's ghost," springs immediately to mind.

Yet another reason to only record this show and skip through the padding and waffle each week..

To think this was once a, "must watch show, live."

Sadly, not worth it for a number of years.

Good to see that the summer has not mellowed you!

But this year you will at least have the challenge of thinking "Who the h*ll are they?" as yet another unknown/barely known/never seem 'em before takes to the floor.
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good to see that the summer has not mellowed you!

But this year you will at least have the challenge of thinking "Who the h*ll are they?" as yet another unknown/barely known/never seem 'em before takes to the floor.

I think that Frankie, whatever her name is would win if they included, "a bump and grind section."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auDotUnHm14