Options

Dancing with the Stars: Season 19

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,123
    Forum Member
    Aw, so sad to hear.

BTW Izabella Miko was in Derek's movie Make Your Move. I thought she was striking and attractive but I don't remember seeing her doing any dancing at all in that movie.

Also sorry to read Emma and Sasha apparently split up. :(

So are Gleb and his wife split too? It seems a shame if true.
  • Options
    Lili27Lili27 Posts: 2,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So are Gleb and his wife split too? It seems a shame if true.

I had a look back through her tweets and (very much reading between the lines) got the impression they may have parted a couple of months ago. Gleb's now deleted his twitter and I think Elena's in Moscow with their little girl (she called it 'new home' somewhere in her tweets). I thought they seemed such a tight unit and both obviously adore Olivia. Bit of a sorry mess. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lili27 wrote: »

Looking good! Thanks :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    fridgesoup wrote: »
    I had a look back through her tweets and (very much reading between the lines) got the impression they may have parted a couple of months ago. Gleb's now deleted his twitter and I think Elena's in Moscow with their little girl (she called it 'new home' somewhere in her tweets). I thought they seemed such a tight unit and both obviously adore Olivia. Bit of a sorry mess. :(

I thought that's what the tweet implied but can't really see much info else where. Elena's still left that tweet on her profile page. Yes a right mess.
  • Options
    Lili27Lili27 Posts: 2,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Judging by tonight Alfonso is one to beat. You can tell he is dancer.

I see what Kristyn Burtt meant by surprises. Randy Couture was the biggest surprise for me.

Lea was radiant and danced beautifully. Artem looked so proud.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svwspD9YTek&list=PLZf0EreRToGVGQSVLxBP3_xsW8j-JrSNL
  • Options
    j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    I really like Lea and her partnership with Artem.

Golly gosh, I'm just super-excited that Bethany is on the show! She's been lifted straight from the 50s and seems very fake.
  • Options
    moni81moni81 Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    I liked Janel, Lea and Alfonso but I think Janel was super underscored come on duck girl and youtube girl got higher marks but danced really bad
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Only watched a couple of dances on my phone, will catch up later. Artem and Lea look good together.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2757384/Alfonso-Ribeiro-sets-bar-high-DWTS-premiere-partner-Witney-Carson-earn-score.html
  • Options
    postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soooo good to see Artem dancing again, and to see him so happy and relaxed with his partner.

I'd say Alfonso has this in the bag though
  • Options
    postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soooo good to see Artem dancing again, and to see him so happy and relaxed with his partner.

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    Prime!Prime! Posts: 690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    postit wrote: »

From a Cursory glance I liked Tommy, Randy and Alfonso. The Girl from Duck Dynasty was good too, the older girl from Pretty Little Liars came across as Horrible

I hope Artem does well, because of Lea. Love BTTF.

I've always like Witney since her days on SYTCD so I'm biased as to who I want win...
  • Options
    kp2nikp2ni Posts: 1,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Was that Gleb dancing with Sharna in the opening?
  • Options
    kp2nikp2ni Posts: 1,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kp2ni wrote: »

Take it that Gleb is part of the troupe as he was in other dances as well. Haven't seen it all that but so far

Like Artem & Lea like that they actually were in hold for a longer time than most dwts ballroom dances & that I didn't have to play guess the ballroom dance.

Alfonso was great like Witney think this partnership will do well

Poor Keo Lolo defensiveness and attitude is going to mean an early exit.

Betsy - poor Tony!

Really enjoyed Tommy and Peta's dance which surprised me.

Thought Bethany, Janel and Sadie were ok but not great. They all in different degree seem a bit wooden to me or that it was placed rather than danced maybe it was nerves with them through but they need to loosen up a bit.

Michael was ok but samey with Bill but not as charming yet
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kp2ni wrote: »

I wondered if he was there for the group dance (and then used him elsewhere) because they have an extra pro to pair with someone (Sharna)??

I enjoyed most of the couples and thought it was a fun show.

Particularly liked....
    Lea and Artem (naturally :)). I hope people vote for her. She deserves to do well.
    Randy. Surprisingly hot :o (although I was oddly transfixed by his teeth and gums. His gums looked plasticky...:confused: Oh, and his cauliflower ears!)
    Tommy. Has real charm and I was sooooooo happy to see Peta in a different mode (and she was good at it). Titters for her 'weed' outfit :D.
    Michael. He and Emma were fun and I liked his ability to make fun of himself. maybe too similar to Bill, but it didn't worry me.

On the fence about....
    Alfonso. Clearly the best dancer on the night and great to see Witney dancing full out and giving him a content filled routine, but I found him a bit much.
    Jonathan. He and Alison together were too hyper and his wide-eye thing might grate. Seems like a nice chap, but it could go either way for me :p

Not keen on.....
    Janel. Really disliked the over-cooked sexy/chemistry schtick. She can dance and will probably be really good, but I just didn't like her (or Val with her :()
    Lolo. There wasn't anything good about this, except Keo is lovely. (Hope Solo mk2 ? :o)
    Antonio. Bit slimy. Cheryl looking spectacular though!

The rest...
    Betsy. Bless.
    Duck girl and Youtube girl. Meh. Might be okay. Hard to know.
    Tavis. Nice guy I think, but got lost in the mix for me. An early boot?
    Feel bad for Keo, but Lolo was a bit of a nightmare
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wondered if he was there for the group dance (and then used him elsewhere) because they have an extra pro to pair with someone (Sharna)??

I enjoyed most of the couples and thought it was a fun show.

Particularly liked....
    Lea and Artem (naturally :)). I hope people vote for her. She deserves to do well.
    Randy. Surprisingly hot :o (although I was oddly transfixed by his teeth and gums. His gums looked plasticky...:confused: Oh, and his cauliflower ears!)
    Tommy. Has real charm and I was sooooooo happy to see Peta in a different mode (and she was good at it). Titters for her 'weed' outfit
    Michael. He and Emma were fun and I liked his ability to make fun of himself. maybe too similar to Bill, but it didn't worry me.

On the fence about....
    Alfonso. Clearly the best dancer on the night and great to see Witney dancing full out and giving him a content filled routine, but I found him a bit much.
    Jonathan. He and Alison together were too hyper and his wide-eye thing might grate. Seems like a nice chap, but it could go either way for me :p

Not keen on.....
    Janel. Really disliked the over-cooked sexy/chemistry schtick. She can dance and will probably be really good, but I just didn't like her (or Val with her
    Lolo. There wasn't anything good about this, except Keo is lovely. (Hope Solo mk2 ?
    Antonio. Bit slimy. Cheryl looking spectacular though!

The rest...
    Betsy. Bless.
    Duck girl and Youtube girl. Meh. Might be okay. Hard to know.
    Tavis. Nice guy I think, but got lost in the mix for me. An early boot?
    Feel bad for Keo, but Lolo was a bit of a nightmare

Not really surprised by the outcome, feel sorry for the pro partner though.

Yes Lea and Artem did very well together, pleased for them.

Randy was quite light on his feet and he had put the work in. Lol I was zoning in on his teeth and gums also, a bit too much, quite distracting. Were they false or inplants.:blush::D:D

Tommy loved himself a bit too much, didn't leave much room for Peta, made a nice change then! Yes her outfit was rather odd, she was giving it her all, through the dance, to compensate for Tommy's dad dancing.

Michael needs a lot of help, definitely an absolute beginner. Although Emma telling him he was dancing with his 'pee, pee' threw me somewhat. There's no response to that.:o

Antonio is a tryer, rather stiff. Cheryl went full throttle, to cover his deficiencies, the best I've seen her dance in a good while.

Alfonso's ahead of the game, so expected nothing less, glad Witney's got a contender. Saying that, can't remember the routine, not something I want to go and rewatch.

Jonathan, hardly did any jive steps and the bit he did, was poor and pigeon toed. He was good at the performance and theatrics though. Alison masked most of the performance but I had to double check what dance they were doing.

Janel did a better job of it, but not warming to her yet, she seemed to be dancing more for herself than the partnership. Maybe a case of her getting used to dancing as a couple.

Lolo oh dear, car crash dance, then her attitude after didn't help her cause. She was very stiff of hip and looked totally lost on the dance floor and wasn't able to perform either. If she had kept quiet she may have gained some sympathy from the voters. Feel bad for Keo, looked like he had his hands full with her.

Hmmmm Sadie, getting 9's week 1 ,she did alright but don't think her dance warranted that score. They certainly gushed over her didn't they. She was ok but I wasn't wowed by the performance, it was more like a 7.

Bethany, ok, nothing more to add.

Betsey, at least she tried to carry on, but it was pretty bad, least she's having a go.

Travis, did alright, not really very memorable though.
  • Options
    Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched the show.

Lolo was awful. Poor attitude.

Loved Lea <333

Plus Tommy Chong was pure fabulousness <333
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Michael needs a lot of help, definitely an absolute beginner. Although Emma telling him he was dancing with his 'pee, pee' threw me somewhat. There's no response to that.:o

Yikes - I didn't hear that! :o
    Hmmmm Sadie, getting 9's week 1 ,she did alright but don't think her dance warranted that score. They certainly gushed over her didn't they. She was ok but I wasn't wowed by the performance, it was more like a 7.

Yes, they fawned over her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yikes - I didn't hear that! :o

Yes, they fawned over her.

You were lucky you didn't, all I can say is I'll take Emma's word for it, that he was leading with it, although how she knew is anyones guess.

Think if they start off at that inflated level, where does that leave the rest of the series?