The Beach Boys

2»

Comments

• mr. mustardmr. mustard Posts: 48,888
    Forum Member
    "Cuddle Up" off the "Carl and the Passions" album is a favourite track, but they have made some wonderful gems over the years.
    I agree - The Beach Boys were a marvellous band. Surprisingly, as their sales dropped away in America they entered one of their richest phases. From Wild Honey through to Holland Carl & Dennis stepped up a level and wrote several songs that equalled Brian's.

It's hard to list favourites as there are so many :D Here are just a few:

The Warmth Of The Sun
    In My Room
    Let Him Run Wild
    The Little Girl I Once Knew
    God Only Knows
    Here Today
    I Just Wasn't Made For These Times
    Good Vibrations
    Heroes And Villains
    Wonderful
    Friends
    All I Wanna Do
    Forever
    Breakaway
    Till I Die
    Feel Flows
    The Trader
    Full Sail
  • spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm listening to Pet Sounds right now! Such a great album.

I saw Brian Wilson in concert in Bristol about 3 or 4 years ago. He's still got it! Not as agile as he was, sure, but it was a great concert. Amazing to see such a legend live!
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I was lucky enough to see the Beach Boys when the three Wilson brothers were all alive, it was a great show.
  • Dead ParrotDead Parrot Posts: 956
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think i'll go and put on Pacific Ocean Blue, followed by Sunflower , and SMiLE.
  • AnachronyAnachrony Posts: 2,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't It Be Nice and God Only Knows are my favorites. There are several other fun classics, but those two evoke more of an emotional response.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 332
    Forum Member
    Don't Worry Baby - melody just plucks the heart strings so well
    God Only Knows
    Good Vibrations - mostly just for the soft resolution tw the end 'gotta keep those good...'
    Fun Fun Fun
    I Get Around
    Sloop John B

sure I've forgotten some.
    Forum Member
    I was lucky enough to see the Beach Boys when the three Wilson brothers were all alive, it was a great show.
    I saw them at Wembley Arena Radio :) They came on stage an hour late and Brian didn't play hardly a note on his piano as he was completely zoned out :eek:

But it remains the best gig I've ever been to. It was amazing to see all the Wilson brothers on stage and hear those incredible harmonies live.
    Forum Member
    I saw them at Wembley Arena Radio :) They came on stage an hour late and Brian didn't play hardly a note on his piano as he was completely zoned out :eek:

But it remains the best gig I've ever been to. It was amazing to see all the Wilson brothers on stage and hear those incredible harmonies live.

I've just looked up the details and am amazed to find out that the show I saw, Knebworth 1980, was their last UK performance and comprised of all six original BBs - Brian, Carl and Dennis Wilson, Mike Love, Al Jardine and Bruce Johnston.

It was made even better because not only was it my first proper concert, but I'd won the tickets from Roger Scott, the brilliant DJ at Capital Radio. I had to choose my 3 fave BB tunes, which were picked because they were the same as Rogers - I remember one of them was In My Room.
    Forum Member
    I've just looked up the details and am amazed to find out that the show I saw, Knebworth 1980, was their last UK performance and comprised of all six original BBs - Brian, Carl and Dennis Wilson, Mike Love, Al Jardine and Bruce Johnston.
    That wasn't long after I saw them in '79. It's ironic that Brian, who went to hell and back on drink and drugs and suffered mental breakdowns, has outlived Carl & Dennis.
    Forum Member
    That wasn't long after I saw them in '79. It's ironic that Brian, who went to hell and back on drink and drugs and suffered mental breakdowns, has outlived Carl & Dennis.

Yes, I've always thought exactly the same - he's an amazing man in all ways.