Emmerdale - Carl and Cameron Showdown

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
Forum Member
Just found this article...

http://www.whatsontv.co.uk/soaps/emmerdale/news/tom-lister-loves-mean-emmerdale-role/17544

Emmerdale star Tom Lister has admitted that he loves playing the scenes when his alter ego Carl King is being mean.

However the actor also said that the reason his character is being so cruel to his ex-girlfriend Chastity Dingle is that deep down he still has feelings for her.

"I love it when Carl is being like this, he's being cruel and he's being vindictive and he's blackmailing her," Tom said.

"But I think at the heart of it all he's doing it because he's bonkers about this woman, who he can't live with, and he can't live without."

And the scene is set for some dramatic storylines after Carl discovers that Chas - who has just become engaged to Dan - is having an affair with Cameron Power, boyfriend of her pregnant niece Debbie.

"Will it be a test of who Chas loves most - is it Carl, is it Cameron?" Tom hinted. "And what will happen when those two finally lock horns and have a battle! Wait and see."

The last paragraph clearly indicates there's a showdown between Cameron and Carl to come at some point. Most likely things will come to ahead in the Live Episode with one of them being killed....

I'd say it's highly likely Cameron dies now!

The article also states there will 'be a test of who Chas loves most' - so will Chas deliver the fatal blow to Cameron when it comes down to it, especially if Carls life is in danger?

After all, Carl is her true love and he killed his father for her....

Comments

• pheobepheobe Posts: 386
    Forum Member
    There were no rumours about Dominic Power leaving except on another thread that you posted :rolleyes:
  • Gwen_PYCGwen_PYC Posts: 2,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It does sound like Chas attacks or kills Cameron to save Carl.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    Lets hope it is Carl it survives, dont like Cameron such a sleaze
  • ToffeeDebsToffeeDebs Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    Gwen_PYC wrote: »
    It does sound like Chas attacks or kills Cameron to save Carl.

Carl might then confess to her, that he killed his dad - common ground, kinda thing
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    Has it coming sounds like justice being done for someone who has murdered so im stiill sticking to theory its Carl thats going to die, hope im wrong and its Cameron
  • darren 2012darren 2012 Posts: 245
    Forum Member
    Cameron
    Carl King
    Cain Dingle

All great potential to have them constantly rivaling one another but they barely have any relevant scenes together.

Emmerdale really has no idea how to produce a male villain anymore unless the character is called Cain and even then he bullies and interacts with weaker characters.

Boring.
  • pheobepheobe Posts: 386
    Forum Member
    Cameron
    Carl King
    Cain Dingle

All great potential to have them constantly rivaling one another but they barely have any relevant scenes together.

Emmerdale really has no idea how to produce a male villain anymore unless the character is called Cain and even then he bullies and interacts with weaker characters.

Boring.

I believe they could have explored the Carl and Cain fued some more , I think Carl is more than a match for Cain these days, sadly though I think Carl is the one being killed off:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    pheobe wrote: »
    I believe they could have explored the Carl and Cain fued some more , I think Carl is more than a match for Cain these days, sadly though I think Carl is the one being killed off:(

Would of like to have seen Carl and Cain go head to head more often... After all, Cain did steal a few million off his family...
  • darren 2012darren 2012 Posts: 245
    Forum Member
    Exactly Matthew King would have hunted Cain Dingle down, never mind Carl King years later.