Channel 5 Bias

NosediveNosedive Posts: 6,602
Forum Member
I am seriously suspicious. I think they are in favour of Lauren.

1. In the introductory show they put her in the safe room with Louis and Sophie to do the observing.

2. After pill-gate they didn't show any of the stuff on the live feed. The housemates were woken in the early hours and seriously disrupted when she was called in for a formal warning and locked herself in the toilet afterwards. Louis had to rescue her so they could switch the lights off and all go back to bed.

3. The live feed footage of this episode was removed from youtube just before the show that evening.

4. During Sunday's show, when they showed housemates the diary room footage of the nominations they only showed one very brief clip of one of Mario's nomination explanations when all the others got a montage of all their nominations.

5. They picked her again to go in the safe room away from the relative challenges of the recent tasks.

6. The Keith Allen documentary on youtube has now been removed as it has been so talked about on here.

7. Lastly, I'm not sure but I feel they might have been limiting discussions of Lauren on BB Bots, though admittedly Judy James did finally do a brief analysis of Lauren last night.

After all the alleged failed applications by Lauren over the years I think they, (channel 5), may be protecting their decision to finally allow her to go in there.

Your thoughts?

Comments

• kimotagkimotag Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think they are biased in her favour, but agree that they are trying to minimise any potential criticism
    for putting her in there!
  • ChoccyPeanutsChoccyPeanuts Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    Not sure about number 6 being part of the conspiracy. Would C5 have the power to get that removed? I think that's just coincidence.
  • kate03kate03 Posts: 4,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kimotag wrote: »
    I don't think they are biased in her favour, but agree that they are trying to minimise any potential criticism

I agree. They did a lot of this minimising the risks to themselves last time. There's no way they'll take any responsibility if anything should go wrong. They'll just do a hatchet job on her to get her out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nosedive wrote: »

1. In the introductory show they put her in the safe room with Louis and Sophie to do the observing.

2. After pill-gate they didn't show any of the stuff on the live feed. The housemates were woken in the early hours and seriously disrupted when she was called in for a formal warning and locked herself in the toilet afterwards. Louis had to rescue her so they could switch the lights off and all go back to bed.

3. The live feed footage of this episode was removed from youtube just before the show that evening.

4. During Sunday's show, when they showed housemates the diary room footage of the nominations they only showed one very brief clip of one of Mario's nomination explanations when all the others got a montage of all their nominations.

5. They picked her again to go in the safe room away from the relative challenges of the recent tasks.

6. The Keith Allen documentary on youtube has now been removed as it has been so talked about on here.

7. Lastly, I'm not sure but I feel they might have been limiting discussions of Lauren on BB Bots, though admittedly Judy James did finally do a brief analysis of Lauren last night.

After all the alleged failed applications by Lauren over the years I think they, (channel 5), may be protecting their decision to finally allow her to go in there.

Your thoughts?

2: The other housemates would have come across worse if more of that had been shown.

4: All three of Lauren's nomination were played. You can hear Bruce saying she's an accident waiting to happen and Dustin saying she doesn't respect other's property.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Theres' no merit in this conspiracy theory. I think BB want her out as soon as possible. You see it as a perk watching the others, I see it as a way to expose your nasty side as eventually you are revealed. You come across bitchy.

She is a liability, she's mentally unstable and the sooner she leaves, the sooner the chnanel would be happier imo.
  • NosediveNosedive Posts: 6,602
    Forum Member
    Theres' no merit in this conspiracy theory. I think BB want her out as soon as possible. You see it as a perk watching the others, I see it as a way to expose your nasty side as eventually you are revealed. You come across bitchy.

That's a bit of a strong response. I don't think I could have been more objective when posting my original message. I would question your reaction if it brings up that level of vitriol. It sounds like you may be getting things a little mixed up.
    OneK wrote: »
    4: All three of Lauren's nomination were played. You can hear Bruce saying she's an accident waiting to happen and Dustin saying she doesn't respect other's property.

Thanks for this OneK. I shall watch the video of this again and my appologies to the forum if I did get it wrong.
  • TheManWhoLaughsTheManWhoLaughs Posts: 7,271
    Forum Member
    kimotag wrote: »

This nails it.

I doubt they care if she wins, but they don't want another Ultimate Big Brother Nadia situation where she's kicked out and goes suicidal. I'm sure that's why they went back to vote-to-save.
  • redcherryredcherry Posts: 12,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with OP. Why was Lauren chosen to go into the 'safe room' again. She does seem to feature heavily in all the highlights shows. Why wasn't Abz or Dustin chosen to go the room?
    Forum Member
    Not sure about number 6 being part of the conspiracy. Would C5 have the power to get that removed? I think that's just coincidence.

Choccy, it's been removed for a reason. Channel 5 monitor twitter, and the various forms of social media, (or so they make out at the end of BB Bots), so they probably advised 'team lauren' that it was getting a lot of attention, who in turn requested it be removed.
  • TheManWhoLaughsTheManWhoLaughs Posts: 7,271
    Forum Member
    redcherry wrote: »
    Why wasn't Abz or Dustin chosen to go the room?

Because they wouldn't have any chance of giving any amusing reactions. Same reason they always gave Brian Dowling more tasks than Dean or Elizabeth. Not a new thing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's a bit of a strong response. I don't think I could have been more objective when posting my original message. I would question your reaction if it brings up that level of vitriol. It sounds like you may be getting things a little mixed up.

Thanks for this OneK. I shall watch the video of this again and my appologies to the forum if I did get it wrong.

You're mixed up. You suggest they favour lauren by putting her in the safe room. But i'm suggesting that, by putting someone in a position watching others, you are pushing them to bitch watch others which can make you come across badly. Why would they do that to someone they favour, so in essence, want to do well?

I think your post here is a bit OTT. How can my post even come close to being vitrioric??
  • chipstick10chipstick10 Posts: 7,168
    Forum Member
    Because chanel 5 and bb will be in shite if she falls apart cos she clearly didn't pass the psych test, so loads of favourable edits.
    Forum Member
    Because chanel 5 and bb will be in shite if she falls apart cos she clearly didn't pass the psych test, so loads of favourable edits.

That's right chipstick and thank you.

Monty: I would argue that doing the challenges and going without stuff would be a more pressurised environment than the luxury of a safe house bitch watch, and thus not such an easy source of material to edit safely or favourably.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're mixed up. You suggest they favour lauren by putting her in the safe room. But i'm suggesting that, by putting someone in a position watching others, you are pushing them to bitch watch others which can make you come across badly. Why would they do that to someone they favour, so in essence, want to do well?

I think the explanation is simpler and less political: they are trying to give her a soft time with as little pressure as possible, as they see her as vulnerable. So they removed her from the house before putting them under the pressure of being deprived of food. They did not allow the housemates to put her up for the fake eviction, though they could perfectly well have done that (and it was bad luck that louie rushed in in about 0.2 of a second to call out her name) so she was not exposed to hostile comment. Lauren will not be given any harsh tasks or allowed to listen to hostile comments from now on. That's my theory anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Your thoughts?

there is definate favouritism going on , and lauren is the one in favour , not good BB !!!!!
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the explanation is simpler and less political: they are trying to give her a soft time with as little pressure as possible, as they see her as vulnerable. So they removed her from the house before putting them under the pressure of being deprived of food. They did not allow the housemates to put her up for the fake eviction, though they could perfectly well have done that (and it was bad luck that louie rushed in in about 0.2 of a second to call out her name) so she was not exposed to hostile comment. Lauren will not be given any harsh tasks or allowed to listen to hostile comments from now on. That's my theory anyway.

You are probably right wonkey, you usually are.:)
  • atkoatko Posts: 4,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Your thoughts?

For me it is becoming more and more obvious that Big Brother is fixed! Obviously to justify the phone lines and make money from it they have to do it by their editing & singling people out for tasks. Anyone who votes on BB these days deserves to be ripped off IMO it's way too obvious, more so since Five took over!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't recall anyone taking Lauren hostage & forcing her in there...she opted to go in there! IMO she should never be allowed in there anyway as she is the nearest thing to putting in a BB employee having worked on BOTS! It's not like she just went on the panel like others she had features on BOTS!! That aside, she opted to go in like anyone else and nobody should be favored or spared!
  • crisis3crisis3 Posts: 2,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Endemol makes the show, Lauren is an employee through BBOTS and other sketches she has done for them makes sense she gets preferential treatment why wouldn't they? Edemol need new shows for their flagging business and Lauren will give them a stellar freak show that ch5 will lap up they do like a good prime time freak show.
  • ScreamingTree<3ScreamingTree<3 Posts: 4,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP looking for things that aren't there.
    Forum Member
    crisis3 wrote: »
    Endemol makes the show, Lauren is an employee through BBOTS and other sketches she has done for them makes sense she gets preferential treatment why wouldn't they? Edemol need new shows for their flagging business and Lauren will give them a stellar freak show that ch5 will lap up they do like a good prime time freak show.

I think they probably did a big deal with team Laura long beforehand and it had all been agreed well in advance.
    Forum Member
    One more possible point of note.

The Daily Star ran that ridiculous story about the Russel Brand affair this morning. The boss of Ch.5 is also the boss of the Daily Star newspaper.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The Daily Star ran that ridiculous story about the Russel Brand affair this morning. The boss of Ch.5 is also the boss of the Daily Star newspaper.

The Daily Star front page is usually BB related though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Of course it is.....they own the paper!!!!
    Forum Member

Precisely. What better way to diguise an ulterior motive.