Options

I had a dream where I was CEO of Nintendo these were my plans -

SJFerrolSJFerrol Posts: 357
Forum Member
New console -

The Console would be tentatively titled Nintendo Slate. The Nintendo Slate will be a slim line console that utilises NFC technology, as a result the use of CD's will be no more. Instead users will be able to by cards which will have a game preinstalled on to it. The console will also feed into a new aspect of Nintendo 'Nintendo On the go' which will finally bring many of Nintendo's classics to the mobile world using The 'NS' app on all platforms users can sink there slate to their phones meaning you can play Mario Kart whilst waiting for a train and have all the achievements waiting for you at home on your slate. It will feature 4k graphics and I will focus on creating new features for users by working with developers to create smart apps that run along games to make an immersive world.

Nintendo Film and TV -

Nintendo have a raft of characters loved by many generations! This will be explored with a push into making movies with these beloved characters.

New titles -

Nintendo has often been seen to rest it's baseline profits on the success of games fronted by Mario but I will push to create long lasting games and characters in house

Overall my vision for Nintendo was to utilise its back catalogue whilst bringing in a raft of new characters and games to flourish on The Nintendo Slate

Comments

• Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Some ok ideas.... But...

4k gaming ? We're not ready for that. Nobody has 4k tv's yet so you're wasting that technology and it will increase the price of the console fir something nobody will use.. yet. (think Kinect).

Bad move CEO :)
  • Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What're the memory/storage limits and costs like for having an NFC delivery system? Especially when 4k graphics will be concerned, lots of space will be needed... throwing lots at the R&D budget there, CEO San
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yuffie wrote: »
    Some ok ideas.... But...

4k gaming ? We're not ready for that. Nobody has 4k tv's yet so you're wasting that technology and it will increase the price of the console fir something nobody will use.. yet. (think Kinect).

Bad move CEO :)

I hear what you are saying but given my background selling TV's at Curry's I know about trends it will take around 5/6 years for ultra HD to catch on
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mred2000 wrote: »
    What're the memory/storage limits and costs like for having an NFC delivery system? Especially when 4k graphics will be concerned, lots of space will be needed... throwing lots at the R&D budget there, CEO San

The console will be 4K enabled so it will be ready to switch
  • Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SJFerrol wrote: »
    The console will be 4K enabled so it will be ready to switch

Not what I asked. What are the memory/storage capabilities of an NFC delivery system for a start as well as data transfer, read/write, speeds? You're talking about running next gen games from NFC media, is it feasible and, if not, that's where a big chunk of your R&D costs are going to disappear... offset by the upcoming collectible Nintendo Skylanders clone, I'm sure, but still: that'll only scratch the surface and share prices are dropping, CEO San...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mred2000 wrote: »
    Not what I asked. What are the memory/storage capabilities of an NFC delivery system for a start as well as data transfer, read/write, speeds? You're talking about running next gen games from NFC media, is it feasible and, if not, that's where a big chunk of your R&D costs are going to disappear... offset by the upcoming collectible Nintendo Skylanders clone, I'm sure, but still: that'll only scratch the surface and share prices are dropping, CEO San...

Well with Nintendo on the go you will have cloud storage to allow for data transfer between phone and console so like xbox you will be able to save directly to a cloud based server or to the systems inbuilt 250G memory. Games will run in the traditional manner as games are effectively saved to a persons slate cloud system or console and thus run off that. You could say the card allows for a digital download of the game but it also allows for things to be moved from one console to another seamlessly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4K gaming will require a powerful graphic card so I wonder how much your console will cost.

And have you ignored third party developers? ^_^