Options

"Whites Not welcome" message in Enfield.

Comments

• Options
    smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    Apparently we have to educate the children of illegal immigrants at £5000 per pupil, per year. Of course the liberal / left say it is an investment in the future, does that mean they are planning an amnesty then?

As a comparison, what is the cost for a legal immigrant and for someone who was born here?
  • Options
    paul2307paul2307 Posts: 8,079
    Forum Member
    As a comparison, what is the cost for a legal immigrant and for someone who was born here?

Thats irrelevant if they are here legally we have accepted responsibility for them , if they are illegals then why should we pay for them
  • Options
    deptfordbakerdeptfordbaker Posts: 22,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jjwales wrote: »
    Who says that?

http://www.workpermit.com/news/2013-04-03/uk-ministers-considered-barring-children-of-illegal-immigrants-from-schools

UK ministers considered barring children of illegal immigrants from schools

The Guardian, a national UK newspaper, has received a leaked email trail from UK civil servants which seems to show that UK ministers considered the possibility of preventing the children of illegal immigrants from attending free UK state schools to prevent 'education tourism'. It seems that any such plans were quickly dropped but ministers are now considering asking schools to check on the immigration status of both pupils and their parents as part of the admissions process.

An Oxford University study suggests that there are approximately 120,000 schoolchildren in UK schools who are in the country illegally.

The emails between civil servants in the UK's Department for Education (DfE) seem to show that a group of ministers had considered barring the children of illegal immigrants from the education system as part of the Coalition government's efforts to eliminate the 'pull factors' which draw some migrants to the UK.

However, the emails also seem to show that, if the ministers did consider such a move, they rejected it pretty quickly, perhaps because civil servants advised that to do so would breach Article 26 of the UN Convention of Human Rights.

So 120,000 x £5000 is £600,000,000 per year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    simsini wrote: »
    If we had gun boats, they wouldn't be here in the first place.

It works for the Australians. Unfortunately even though they fly over numerous safe countries air space and land in the safe country of choice, i.e. the UK where the streets are paved with gold, we still can't send them back.

People are starting to notice that they can't get the school they want and when they hear numerous foreign languages being spoken by people wearing foreign clothes, is it any wonder they are annoyed.
  • Options
    Nessun DormaNessun Dorma Posts: 12,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like to see a gunboat trying to sail along the Bath Road, heading towards terminal five, to shoot down aeroplanes over Harmondsworth.

I'd add a Big Grin smiley, but the thought of the above is too sad even for that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think the question was about where the figure of five thousand pounds comes from. That said, isn't better to have educated immigrant children than non-educated ones, regardless if their parents are here legally or not?
  • Options
    jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,572
    Forum Member
    It works for the Australians. Unfortunately even though they fly over numerous safe countries air space and land in the safe country of choice, i.e. the UK where the streets are paved with gold, we still can't send them back..
    Aren't you confusing illegal immigrants with asylum seekers?
    People are starting to notice that they can't get the school they want and when they hear numerous foreign languages being spoken by people wearing foreign clothes, is it any wonder they are annoyed.
    I like the idea of "foreign clothes"!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It works for the Australians. Unfortunately even though they fly over numerous safe countries air space and land in the safe country of choice, i.e. the UK where the streets are paved with gold, we still can't send them back.

Aah....the old discomfort felt by Farage whilst on a train. The same foreign languages that he doesn't let his wife and children speak outside of the home. I suggest that if someone doesn't like to hear foreign languages, they shouldn't go on holiday either.

In my children's former primary school, there were at least a dozen or so children who didn't speak English all the time at home, but they spoke better English, at school, than many of their British born classmates.

I really can't see what is wrong with foreign clothes, everything that I am wearing today is foreign.
  • Options
    trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the question was about where the figure of five thousand pounds comes from. That said, isn't better to have educated immigrant children than non-educated ones, regardless if their parents are here legally or not?

It's better not to have them here in the first place.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    trevgo wrote: »
    It's better not to have them here in the first place.

Doesn't answer the question though, does it.

They are here and whilst they are isn't it better that their children are in school, rather than wandering the streets all day, maybe getting into some mischief.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How about we just deport them instead and save ourselves a huge heap of cash? The whole point is to make life impossible for illegal immigrants in the UK. £5,000 is the average cost of educating one child per year according to some basic research I did online.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aah....the old discomfort felt by Farage whilst on a train. The same foreign languages that he doesn't let his wife and children speak outside of the home. I suggest that if someone doesn't like to hear foreign languages, they shouldn't go on holiday either.

In my children's former primary school, there were at least a dozen or so children who didn't speak English all the time at home, but they spoke better English, at school, than many of their British born classmates.

I really can't see what is wrong with foreign clothes, everything that I am wearing today is foreign.

If I decided too emigrate, don't get too exited it's just a hypothetical scenario, I would research my destination country's history, traditions, customs etc. and learn their language enough to get by without help before I left the UK. If I married and had children I would give them native names not English ones.

A great British tradition is queuing and one thing they can not stand is a queue jumper.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How much per-pupil funding will your school get?
    per-pupil funding once again ranging from around £3,950 to as much as £8,595

The average for all authorities across England is £4,550.54 per-pupil

In addition to the per-pupil funding, local authorities will also receive a “high needs” allocation for students with additional learning needs
    http://www.sec-ed.co.uk/news/how-much-per-pupil-funding-will-your-school-get
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

http://www.theguardian.com/education/2011/jan/12/school-expenditure-varies-widely
    GGuardian wrote:

The amount schools spend on each of their pupils can vary by as much as £31,000 and depends on where in England they are situated, new data reveals.

For the first time, the government has published figures on how much each school in England spent in 2009-10, and on what. Ministers decided to release the figures to encourage headteachers to use their funds more efficiently and subject them to more scrutiny.

The statistics, published alongside school league table data , show that the average secondary school spent more than £5,200 per pupil last year, while the average primary paid out £4,284.

£5000 seems a reasonable figure, multiplied by number of people plus dependants not entitled to be in this country. Maybe if Boris gets his amnesty we should send him the bill.
    The data also shows:

• The local authority where schools spend the most on average is Hackney in east London. The average total expenditure of Hackney's schools is £8,528.50. The local authority where schools spend on average the least is Knowsley, Merseyside. The average total expenditure of its schools is £4,310.05.

Looks like Education in Dianne Abbott's multicultural constituency is not exactly starved of cash.
  • Options
    paul2307paul2307 Posts: 8,079
    Forum Member
    http://www.theguardian.com/education/2011/jan/12/school-expenditure-varies-widely

£5000 seems a reasonable figure, multiplied by number of people plus dependants not entitled to be in this country. Maybe if Boris gets his amnesty we should send him the bill.

Looks like Education in Dianne Abbott's multicultural constituency is not exactly starved of cash.

It makes you wonder why she sent her own child to a foreign fee paying school to be educated doesn't it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aren't you confusing illegal immigrants with asylum seekers?

I like the idea of "foreign clothes"!

I know the law has a legal status for asylum seekers, but until they are granted refuge status, if they entered the country illegally, they are still illegal immigrants in my view. Genuine refugees would make themselves known to the authorities and claim asylum immediately at the border. That is why their claim is less likely to succeed the longer they leave it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,186
    Forum Member

I don't agree with the generalization - it might be true in some cases.

The children more capable can do some extra languages.

The ones not, cannot.

I think being automatically multilingual puts them at a disadvantage (group).
  • Options
    zackai48zackai48 Posts: 800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do we have, or indeed need, a White history month?

There would be outrage if a White History month was proposed. Political correctness would not allow it to happen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    zackai48 wrote: »
    There would be outrage if a White History month was proposed. Political correctness would not allow it to happen.

It happens 11 months of the year anyway.
  • Options
    MariesamMariesam Posts: 3,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do we have, or indeed need, a White history month?

I am not sure if you read all my post or not i wasnt disagreeing with Black History month or wanting a white history month.....the point i was making and will make it clearer is it is discrimination to not allow someone who is white to hire a hall in Black History month unless no one of that ethnic background wants to hire it......you are treated differently because of your race.....and also my point was it would never be allowed to happen if it were the other way around.......i did state in my original text i have nothing against black history month.....so that isnt the argument i was making....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I know the law has a legal status for asylum seekers, but until they are granted refuge status, if they entered the country illegally, they are still illegal immigrants in my view. Genuine refugees would make themselves known to the authorities and claim asylum immediately at the border. That is why their claim is less likely to succeed the longer they leave it.

Illegal immigrants and asylum seekers are two different things, though it is possible (but undesirable, as you say) for an illegal immigrant to claim asylum later and thus become an asylum seeker.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It happens 11 months of the year anyway.

how does it happen 11 months of the year?

If your white you have equal rights to hire a hall in Waltham Forest for 11months.....if your Black its 12months....surely everyone should have the right to hire the hall all year round? If it isnt its discrimination....surely it works both ways? Everyone pays their council tax and should be equal in the council or should their be a bias?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mariesam wrote: »
    how does it happen 11 months of the year?

If your white you have equal rights to hire a hall in Waltham Forest for 11months.....if your Black its 12months....surely everyone should have the right to hire the hall all year round? If it isnt its discrimination....surely it works both ways? Everyone pays their council tax and should be equal in the council or should their be a bias?

I meant that "White History month" happens 11 months of the year!

I don't know what happens in Waltham Forest.
  • Options
    blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The day that we prevent any child in the UK from receiving education, whether they belong to immigrants or not, is a sad sad day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I meant that "White History month" happens 11 months of the year!

I don't know what happens in Waltham Forest.

White history month happens 11 months of the year? I am sorry i dont understand your point and i will say again i am not against Black History month....i am against it if it means based on your race you are treated differently from someone else.....pure and simple....and dont have the same rights to hire a hall just because your white as opposed to Black.....and i would have just the same amount of opposition if it were the other way around........It seems though to this council in particular or at least was that they base how you qualify to hire a hall based on the colour of your skin.....and that is discrimination....The discrimination rules HAVE to be the same for everyone.....