Pete Doherty-Greenock 'gig'

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,021
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Well Babyshambles rolled into Greenock last night, and their much talked about lead singer did puke on stage.Hmmm.

I have my local paper, the Telegraph, which gives a kind of review of the gig and of Doherty. The paper is shit though and 'review' is quite a loose thing to describe it as.

The most amusing thing mentioned, was that the 'tele' reporters went out and about in Greenock town centre and asked people what they thought of Doherty. Amazingly 2 out of 5 of them thought he was good role model(?) Although you can take what you want from the statement as her full quote was " I know who he is. He has been in the papers. He is ok. I think he is an alright role model. He is a singer" So her mentality is summed up quite well. Another one said " I think he is kind of a good role model because he has been on all that and now he is clean and has got himself signing" Again. Hmmmmm. Just goes to show really.

Anyway, some moron at the gig managed to get on and hug Mr D but was huckled off for his troubles. Doherty had managed to sleep 'in' making their entry to the stage late, he got up well after 8 pm. On stage Doherty took off his shirt and said to the crowd " Dont laugh at me because I've put on weight since coming off the smack" He did drink throughout and puked. The tele says 'luckily Petes entourage includes a towel man who was primed through the night for any little crisis' suggesting he does that a lot or else they made it up to fill space as their journalistic skills could be folded up and contained in the box the size of a stamp.

Basically they said they enjoyed the gig, the crowd apparently enjoyed it, so maybe that is a good sign for Mr D, that he can have a decent career in music as long as he doesnt self destruct.

(the scariest part of the whole article was some guy who described himself as a pete doherty lookalike and muttered nonsense about how great they were. I wish I knew how to upload pictures form newspapers as the guy doesnt look like Pete at all, he is just wearing a silly hat.)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    cel_001 wrote:
    I wish I knew how to upload pictures form newspapers as the guy doesnt look like Pete at all, he is just wearing a silly hat.)

Great post - thanks for that.
    Especially the bit about the looky-likey :D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the poor towel man! what a job!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hehe, Pete still firmly tucked up in his idea of a rock and roll lifestyle...

He's a grade A nutcase.
  • Mike_RotchMike_Rotch Posts: 556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    proxi wrote:
    Hehe, Pete still firmly tucked up in his idea of a rock and roll lifestyle...

He's a grade A nutcase.

He's a grade A tosspot. A total waste of oxygen. No doubt he has contributed to the downfall of Kate Moss.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just dont see what the atraction is, I mean even when the Stones were in the middle of their hedonistic days, you could still see the attraction with them..but this guy, I just dont see it!
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fwoarrrgh - c'mon ladies, how could any of us resist a spotty little urchin covered in his own vom :rolleyes: :D
  • katiekatie Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know, I still don't know who this Pete Doherty bloke is, apart from he seems to be a singer in a band(?), has done drugs, been in trouble with the law(?) and goes out/went out with Kate Moss, who is a model but I wouldn't know her if I fell over her.

:D
  • kate36kate36 Posts: 13,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fwoarrrgh - c'mon ladies, how could any of us resist a spotty little urchin covered in his own vom :rolleyes: :D

LOL:D:D:D
    Sorry but I had to laugh at that, that is funny
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate to say it but it has the overtones of Keith Moon, although i don't think Moon vomited on stage. I did hear he wrecked a few hotel rooms... and died young.
    Sad.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mike_Rotch wrote:
    He's a grade A tosspot. A total waste of oxygen.

My sentiments exactly,if he wants to live fast and die young let him do it on his own out of the spotlight without trying to gain notoriety.
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 4,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kate36 wrote:
    I hate to say it but it has the overtones of Keith Moon, although i don't think Moon vomited on stage. I did hear he wrecked a few hotel rooms... and died young.
    Sad.

But Keith Moon was a supremely talented drummer a great comedian and an interesting, talented, unique human being.

In short he was a legend.

Pete D just thinks he is a legend because some twat of a journalist in the music press once called him a genuis.
  • lulululu Posts: 4,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info Cel. Just discovered they are playing in Aberdeen tonight, wonder if they will turn up. Last time there was a riot because of their no show. Totally gutted that I don't have a ticket....................;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

LMAO!! :D:D
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,643
    Forum Member
    katie wrote:
    You know, I still don't know who this Pete Doherty bloke is, apart from he seems to be a singer in a band(?), has done drugs, been in trouble with the law(?) and goes out/went out with Kate Moss, who is a model but I wouldn't know her if I fell over her.

So you do know who he is. That is who he is.
  • pairofpantspairofpants Posts: 7,098
    Forum Member
    Thanks for that Cel :D.

Has anyone scooped up the vom and put it on e-bay yet?
  • bom-jiggybom-jiggy Posts: 15,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for that Cel :D.

Has anyone scooped up the vom and put it on e-bay yet?

Eeeuuuwwww, that's just plain disgusting :eek: and totally uncalled for :(

;)
  • Catherine1972Catherine1972 Posts: 982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bom-jiggy wrote:
    Eeeuuuwwww, that's just plain disgusting :eek: and totally uncalled for :(

;)

I bet it's on by midnight!

They can put Kate's septum on there soon, too!
  • pairofpantspairofpants Posts: 7,098
    Forum Member
    What I am amazed by is Doherty's cheek in apparently throwing a microphone into the photographer's pit, and getting the crowd to sing '**** the tabloids'!! He has been selling his story to the Sun/Mirror since he started seeing Moss! And he's supposed to be intelligent :rolleyes: .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    cel_001 wrote:
    (the scariest part of the whole article was some guy who described himself as a pete doherty lookalike and muttered nonsense about how great they were. I wish I knew how to upload pictures form newspapers as the guy doesnt look like Pete at all, he is just wearing a silly hat.)

Seen that idiot in the paper today too. Wearing a hat and a black tie doesn't make you look like Pete Doherty :p
  • The BloaterThe Bloater Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    icklekermy wrote:
    the poor towel man! what a job!

I wonder how he gets paid - by the hour or by volume? If he's looking for promotion, there's a job cleaning out the birthing pool at my local hospital... :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,901
    Forum Member

I know I couldn't resist...

giving him a slap with a wet fish and telling him to get over himself. Sad little git.
  • Brian FantanaBrian Fantana Posts: 3,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i quite like some of the babyshambles recorded stuff, but everything i hear live is just complete crap. when i look at his pugsy little face i want to knock it into a correct shape for a head.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jeanie wrote:
    But Keith Moon was a supremely talented drummer a great comedian and an interesting, talented, unique human being.

Pete D just thinks he is a legend because some twat of a journalist in the music press once called him a genuis.

Yes, you're probably right there. Sorry :rolleyes: The late Keith Moon is probably quite the wrong individual to use as comparison.
    :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jeanie wrote:

Pete Doherty comes across as a total idiot. Is it true he went on a £50k bender? :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :o **feels really guilty now for daring to compare wastrel Doherty to the late Keith Moon** :o