PES2009 1.20 Patch LIVE

DarkestHourDarkestHour Posts: 1,380
Forum Member
✭✭✭
As title says really.

The patch updates squads with the latest transfers and kits of a few Spanish teams. It also adds Champions League kit markings in the CL mode.
I've just read it includes

updated transfers
more teams added to champions league including 3rd kits and fonts
champions league mode updated
and four spanish clubs added

But they didn't include the theatre of legends mode (upload replays)

Apparently, the patch itself doesn't have the transfers. You have to go to System Settings and then there's a new option called "Download". Selecting that then checks for the transfer updates and downloads them. At school at the moment, so haven't had a chance to check it out. But it is out.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    well i just downloaded this and now i cant get online, and i cant click on download. all it keeps saying is an error has occured.... nice one konami!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it me or does the game feel more fluid?
  • jdog55jdog55 Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    How long did it take for you's to download the patch, Ive been downloading for nearly 2 hours and only at 23%. Does uploading as well slow it down?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jdog55 wrote: »
    How long did it take for you's to download the patch, Ive been downloading for nearly 2 hours and only at 23%. Does uploading as well slow it down?

I clicked on p2p first and nothing happened so I downloaded via http and downloaded in about 30 seconds
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, HTTP all the way
  • DarkestHourDarkestHour Posts: 1,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, HTTP took about 3 minutes or so for me.
    Didn't even bother with P2P.

The actual 1.20 patch download took about 2 minutes - not long at all.

On another note, ff you have installed data onto the PS3 hard drive (using the Install option under System Settings), it's recommended you delete that before you install the 1.20 patch - there's been reports of the game not loading otherwise. It will be under Game Data on the XMB, and will be around 3GB in size - probably last used around October time.

The update is pretty impressive - the CL mode feels a lot more authentic with another 12 teams licensed. I only played half a friendly though, so can't comment on gameplay changes.

Any previous option file you used should still work, although if it created players (i.e. Gudjohnsen), you'll have duplicate players. So it's recommended you delete the option file and download a new version, should the author release one (most of them are). Or you can just go through and delete the duplicates.

I personally recommend the one found here: http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=64749

The user should upload version 1.04 within the next half hour or so. It's apparently the best one out there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Their feels like a game play change, its subtle though, feels more free if that makes sense
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    well mine is finally working, dunno what happened but all is good :)
  • ScooterwolfScooterwolf Posts: 2,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The gameplay has definetly been tweaked, it seems to play alot smoother now.