Andriod Bittorrent causes data to drop

bsnalexbsnalex Posts: 216
Forum Member
I had this issue a few months back, then it sorted itself now it's happening again. When I download anything via a Bittorrent client (aTorrent, uTorrent, whatever)-- legal downloads, of course-- after a few seconds, my entire data connection drops on the mobile network (Three). The data icon (3G, H, H+, etc) are still showing active however nothing will connect on any app-- no internet, no Play Store, no FB.

Thus far the only remedy is either to restart the phone, or go into flight mode and back out, however the connection drops again as soon as I run by torrent client.

Anyone experience this?

Details: Three network (not 4G) using Samsung GS3.

Comments

• artnadaartnada Posts: 10,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pretty sure Three block Torrenting, They class it as tethering. I think.
  • bsnalexbsnalex Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    Is that new? I've usually been able to download via torrent in the past, but it's only recent that it's stopped.

Either way, is there a reason why it would kill my data connection completely?
  • artnadaartnada Posts: 10,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bsnalex wrote: »
    Is that new? I've usually been able to download via torrent in the past, but it's only recent that it's stopped.

Either way, is there a reason why it would kill my data connection completely?

Yes, to stop you. It really is a s simple as that.

They are clamping down on torrents and tethering, hence the new plans being rolled out with 4gb tether limits etc.