Options

Nokia N95 turning off packet data

cressida100cressida100 Posts: 3,841
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have passed on my old Nokia N95 to my son with a simplicity cheap sim. Is there a way to turn off all internet access so that he cannot accidentally use it?

Just messing around the phone after a long time of not using it and I have managed to keep pressing the 02 (blue button) by mistake.

I know it's Tools - Settings - Connection but cannot find a way to stop it altogether. Any help appreciated. :)

Comments

• Options
    Bang Bang BoomBang Bang Boom Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i have the 8gb version and dont think you can do it..

can you not ring 02 and ask them to disable it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you can make the fone ask you if ou want to connect to packet data or wifi .. ou could always set that then choose no
  • Options
    prkingprking Posts: 9,794
    Forum Member
    I have passed on my old Nokia N95 to my son with a simplicity cheap sim. Is there a way to turn off all internet access so that he cannot accidentally use it?

Just messing around the phone after a long time of not using it and I have managed to keep pressing the 02 (blue button) by mistake.

I know it's Tools - Settings - Connection but cannot find a way to stop it altogether. Any help appreciated. :)

That's the right place, then just delete all the Access Points except for O2 MMS.

Depending on his age, you might want to phone O2 and get them to turn Content Control back on, so that if he puts the settings back in he won't be able to view any adult sites.
  • Options
    cressida100cressida100 Posts: 3,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    prking wrote: »
    That's the right place, then just delete all the Access Points except for O2 MMS.

Depending on his age, you might want to phone O2 and get them to turn Content Control back on, so that if he puts the settings back in he won't be able to view any adult sites.

Thank you for this. Hope you do not mind me asking another question! If he connects to the internet via my wireless network I won't get charged for this useage by 02 will I? Sorry to sound so dumb, I had an unlimited data package when I used this phone and have forgotten so much. I now have a Blackberry Bold but have to admit I do miss my N95 which I loved. Still the email through the Blackberry makes up for it.:)
  • Options
    prkingprking Posts: 9,794
    Forum Member
    No, he won't be charged any extra for using the internet through your home wi-fi.
    If you install Nokia Messaging on his phone, he will have push email as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    prking wrote: »
    No, he won't be charged any extra for using the internet through your home wi-fi.
    If you install Nokia Messaging on his phone, he will have push email as well.

which i may add is very good.. as i have this