Options

Why all this Hate for Ms. Janet Devlin ): on digital spy

13»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    The small-minded minority on here don't feel happy unless they have someone to 'hate'

Kitty was 'disliked'"
    Frankie was 'disliked'
    Janet is 'disliked'

Janet won't be leaving so the criticism will stick with her now all the way until she is in the final.

Remember that these people are miserable ***s in their everyday life as well. I wouldn't want to have to spend any RL time with them.

What a ridiculous load of tripe. You cannot judge someone's peronality based on what they write here. I dislike the X factor, hence my posts come across negative. But to claim I am miserable in my everyday life is something you cannot ascertain.

And Janet is highly dislikeable, so long may the criticism remain.
  • Options
    rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The small-minded minority on here don't feel happy unless they have someone to 'hate'

Kitty was 'disliked'"
    Frankie was 'disliked'
    Janet is 'disliked'

Janet won't be leaving so the criticism will stick with her now all the way until she is in the final.

Remember that these people are miserable ***s in their everyday life as well. I wouldn't want to have to spend any RL time with them.
    Moses455 wrote: »
    What a ridiculous load of tripe. You cannot judge someone's peronality based on what they write here. I dislike the X factor, hence my posts come across negative. But to claim I am miserable in my everyday life is something you cannot ascertain.

And Janet is highly dislikeable, so long may the criticism remain.

That's the thing about DS boards sweeping generalisation from other FMs are a way of life. (See what I did there, my own sweeping generalisation)
    Its as if they are not part of the general consensus.

If someone doesn't agree with them they try to make their own opinion as sweeping as possible. Its a ll a bit lazy when they can't engage in debate.
  • Options
    cahcah Posts: 24,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helbore wrote: »
    From her first audition, I thought I would love Janet. But her performances have really left me wanting. I actually found myself trying to like her in the first few weeks, because I wanted to like her. Her last two performances were better, I thought, but she just doesn't bring it like I thought she would.

She seems a nice girl, though and I don't get the personal attacks against her. She has her fans and she can sing, so good luck to her.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    This
    Like you i thought her first audition was really good but none of her performances have lived up to it imo
    She was a lot better on Saturday than she had been the previous two weeks but personally there's others i prefer before her ,but like you say Good Luck to the girl and i hope she gets out of it what she wanted
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    I love Janet Devlin,she is the best i ever seen,i am from Bulgaria,and we all love her here
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,149
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You forgot to add that Misha is "hated" by those same people.

I'm actually happy that Janet has made it though along with Misha, as these 2 have received the most hate on this forum (apart from Frankie) and its quite frankly disgusting.
    Yes, sorry. You are quite right. I agree with you.
  • Options
    PhoebeJeebiePhoebeJeebie Posts: 1,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I saw Janet doing karaoke in a pub, I'd applaud politely and admire her guts for getting up and having a go. but I'm afraid she is just so dull in her singing style and vocal range to ever be taken as a 'Global Superstar', which is what the judges are looking for. Amelia wipes the floor with her in every department......it might actually do Amelia a favour if she came second or third, the winners disappear faster than a bottle of smirnoff ice at a chav party.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moses455 wrote: »
    Why the hate? Because she is overrated, cannot sing and stands there with no expression. Can't stand her.

How can Janet possibly be overrated. The X Factor judges and producers certainly aren't doing her any favors, and so many people in this forum believe she should be gone by now, yet she has managed to avoid the bottom so far. That tells me she is severely underrated by those who have a hard time understanding how she gets voted through.
  • Options
    ABCZYXABCZYX Posts: 12,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cjcooly wrote: »
    Shes amazing just cause she doesnt have a normal steriotypical personality?:mad:

I don't think it helps with the fact that she is a shy, quiet, introverted person. To some people in today's world, shy and quiet equals miserable and full of yourself. I'm a shy, quiet person, and I don't like it when people think that shy people are sullen, moody people. It doesn't help improve our confidence. I know it's not everyone's point of view, but it is some people's.

Also, it's fair enough if people don't like her singing style. Everyone has different likes and dislikes when it comes to music, but I don't understand why some members claim that she can't sing. She clearly can. Just because you don't like her singing voice, it doesn't mean that she can't sing.