wow, Andrew is very self absorbed..

Comments

• soapmaniasoapmania Posts: 7,452
    Forum Member
    Andrew really makes me cringe, even Denise looked uncomfortable when he was bragging about how Simon Cowell "missed out on him". lol :D
  • marsha_Cutiepiemarsha_Cutiepie Posts: 9,721
    Forum Member
    whufc wrote: »
    I found this funny ah bless he done it for the team :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBggz4cHsfI&feature=related

Thanks for posting whufc - that is jsut BRILLIANT!! :D:D:D OMG the poor guy though who is he convincing about pulling the girls - its just so cringe!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    granted08 wrote: »
    What was annoying was that Gareth was trying to tell his story and right away Andrew's like "Well it was the opposite with me" I this and judging me that. He can never sit down listen to someone else's life and appreciate what they have to say.

Yes, that really did irritate me. Gareth was talking from the heart (and he does seem a very earnest man) about how hard he found it knowing he was gay and being afraid that he would lose everything because of it, and Andrew jumps in with (in effect), "That's nothing! You should hear what it's like being straight! It's awful having to keep outing myself as a heterosexual!"
  • Peel my OrangePeel my Orange Posts: 1,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's something very pathetic about him - he's so earnest; almost as if he's trying to convince himself as well as everyone else. The thread is very astutely titled, though, he is so self-absorbed. If he could get his head out of his own rear-end and stop fretting so much about how wonderful everyone thinks he is, he'd come across so much better and get on well. There is a sweetness to him; it's buried under a humongous heap of shoite, though.

I agree with this, I find myself pitying him whenever I see him, I don't think he's a bad guy. I also don't think he should have went into the house, that was ill advised. He knew MONTHS ahead of time before he was to go in the house and I bet he was soooooo excited when the day finally came.
  • ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    I know I'm in a minority but I actually like Andrew. Underneath all the David Brent stuff, he actually seems to be a pretty decent guy :)
  • occulta7occulta7 Posts: 1,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with this, I find myself pitying him whenever I see him, I don't think he's a bad guy. I also don't think he should have went into the house, that was ill advised. He knew MONTHS ahead of time before he was to go in the house and I bet he was soooooo excited when the day finally came.

Andrew is mr showbizz and its interesting watching him go into meltdown on the show to be honest the show really isn't that interesting so far and Andrew is a big character in there if he goes first we could be looking at a bland dull show
    with a load of dimbos thickos and bimbos but there again it is celeb big brother . I think need we need andrew's fire and passion the more he reveals about himself it could be quite interesting as I dont think he will hold back yes he is me me
    me cringey but he looks like there could be other layers to him ; we need him to explode soon to wake the show up
    otherwise I'm off to see what s cooking on other channels!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Bananafish wrote: »
    Yeah, he pursued the DJ I know for a year to get his records played. And pursued in every way for that matter ;)

From the sound of it he still thinks he's just one-step away from superstardom. Deluded is a word that's thrown around a lot, but in his case it's probably true.

Perfect housemate material of course.

Of course!:D
    Forum Member
    whufc wrote: »
    I found this funny ah bless he done it for the team :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBggz4cHsfI&feature=related

My jaw dropped watching that - CRINGE CITY.
    The Oxford definition of deluded should be 'Andrew Stone' !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He really does live in his own self made bubble, it's cringey the way he thinks he's bigger than he really is but I also find it a bit sad that he's so desperate for the recognition and fame. I think if he stopped with all the "me, me, me" and trying to justify why he hasn't really made it he'd be quite a nice guy.
  • BananafishBananafish Posts: 13,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    occulta7 wrote: »
    Andrew is mr showbizz and its interesting watching him go into meltdown on the show to be honest the show really isn't that interesting so far and Andrew is a big character in there if he goes first we could be looking at a bland dull show
    with a load of dimbos thickos and bimbos but there again it is celeb big brother . I think need we need andrew's fire and passion the more he reveals about himself it could be quite interesting as I dont think he will hold back yes he is me me
    me cringey but he looks like there could be other layers to him ; we need him to explode soon to wake the show up
    otherwise I'm off to see what s cooking on other channels!

Alcohol could do it, but to be honest I think the only way he'll meltdown is if any of the others challenge any of his stories or views of himself.

Natalie nearly did over his bizarre differentiation between camp and feminine. If any one did push much further I could see full-on meltdown.

He's constructed this view of himself and what he's done, and the reason he draws every conversation back to himself is to literally hear someone reinforcing it. Even if that person has to be himself.

I think most of the housemates have him pegged as very needy and fragile though, so will handle him with kid-gloves unless he really annoys them.

Which is more than likely the longer he stays ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    Brilliant!

Been watching some of the youtube videos about him. It's unbelievable that he is being serious in some of these!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYfCxQC7aM4&feature=related
    Forum Member
    Scot_babe wrote: »
    Brilliant!

Been watching some of the youtube videos about him. It's unbelievable that he is being serious in some of these!

The commentary on that is hilarious - poor old Andrew is obviously not in on the joke (or is he???)

Is that Michael Buerk doing the voiceover?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scot_babe wrote: »
    Brilliant!

Haha, love the deadpan commentary.

"In all the excitement surrounding Andrew Stone's imperceptible rise to pop mega stardom"
    Forum Member
    The commentary on that is hilarious - poor old Andrew is obviously not in on the joke (or is he???)

Yeah he is the narrator on Pineapple, think this show is Pineapple or some kind of spin-off. Don't think Andrew's in on the joke, it's cringe!
    Forum Member
    Andrew Stone: "I can understand why Robbie Williams found it hard to meet a girl."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iktnieePipc&feature=related

!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andrew Stone: "I can understand why Robbie Williams found it hard to meet a girl."

!

I had to watch all that through my fingers.

It's staggering.
    Forum Member

!

Just... wow!
  • too_much_coffeetoo_much_coffee Posts: 2,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am just finding him irritating. Another narcissist............ :yawn::yawn:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,373
    Forum Member
    he must be gutted about how popular Louie Spence has become.... the difference being Louie seems genuine what you see is what you get, Andrew seems quite phoney.

Although Louie is kinda annoying sometimes, i just think he's hilarious and love seeing him :D
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, that really did irritate me. Gareth was talking from the heart (and he does seem a very earnest man) about how hard he found it knowing he was gay and being afraid that he would lose everything because of it, and Andrew jumps in with (in effect), "That's nothing! You should hear what it's like being straight! It's awful having to keep outing myself as a heterosexual!"

Agree with this. I was really interested in what Gareth had to say and wanted to hear more but then Andrew jumped in with his 'it's sooooooooo much worse for me' tales of woe and Gareth stopped. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flaxseed wrote: »
    he must be gutted about how popular Louie Spence has become.... the difference being Louie seems genuine what you see is what you get, Andrew seems quite phoney.

Although Louie is kinda annoying sometimes, i just think he's hilarious and love seeing him :D

Yeah, Andrew seems like an act that he's driven himself mad maintaining.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes it is. I loved him narrating Pineapple Dance Studios, he was so sarcastic and obviously taking the piss:D
  • mary03mary03 Posts: 6,281
    Forum Member
  • TonyfaceTonyface Posts: 1,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TBH I have always regarded him as a bit hammy....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought I'd like him but I have to say that's not panning out. I even for a split second wondered how he managed to get past the psychiatrist :o