Wanting to upgrade to Sk+HD

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 722
Forum Member
✭✭
I've just had to move in with my parents. Theyve got a small main TV with Sky+, Entertainment and Sports packages.

As a thank you for putting up with me, I want to buy them a new TV (which would benefit us all!), and would also like to upgrade to Sky+HD. I dont want them to have to pay extra for the HD channels though - do you think Sky would offer it for free? Theyve been with Sky for over 12 years and have never taken up any offers before?

Comments

• big_hard_ladbig_hard_lad Posts: 4,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just had to move in with my parents. Theyve got a small main TV with Sky+, Entertainment and Sports packages.

As a thank you for putting up with me, I want to buy them a new TV (which would benefit us all!), and would also like to upgrade to Sky+HD. I dont want them to have to pay extra for the HD channels though - do you think Sky would offer it for free? Theyve been with Sky for over 12 years and have never taken up any offers before?

Well then you can't have it, I wouldn't imagine.

I'd like a 10 bedroom mansion, but I don't want to have to pay extra for it.
  • davemurgatroyddavemurgatroyd Posts: 13,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Generally upgrades of equipment are only free if upgrading subscription or by threatening to cancel and being prepared to call their bluff until the last minute (something only the account holder in person can only do. But you can only ask. They almost certainly have taken up a special offer as their present box would almost certainly have been subsidised.
  • KodiakKodiak Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    MMMM You can only ask and see what they say................Wait a Minute..........I have just seen a Blue Pig with Red Spots Fly past my window:eek:..................I think you have as much chance as that happening again to get a free HD Subscription. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    Get your parents to cancel and resist all offers until Sky comes up with a 50% or near off your channel package. Normally they still want you to pay for the HD service but you may get a free HD box worth the £120 you will pay for HD for a year.

If you get the 50% off (which I did recently) it will more than pay for the £10 HD fee and may cover the new box if you have to pay. I had to wait until 3 days before my cut off until they called with the offer. If nothing happens you will have lost nothing.

Good luck

ps if your old box can't pick up Anytime+ that also may help in the negotiations
  • StueyStuey Posts: 683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can currently get £70 cashback from Topcsshback for upgrading to the HD Pack. Sky will also give you a free HD box if required.