Tommy Duckworth: Time to bring him back

jojoenojojoeno Posts: 1,842
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Corrie is boring as hell, Tommy Duckworth was a great character and the actor that played him did a good job.

Is it time to bring him back , many other actors on Corrie have did worse and still continue to this day.

Comments

• mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    I agree but only so that King Terry might come back.

"Allo son. I've let you down. I know that. I just want to make it up to you. Can you lend me .............."
  • ValentineValentine Posts: 3,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His face obviously didn't fit and they jumped at the chance to get rid. Curious, they could've just fined him and given him a final warning and the YouTube thing was a good 2 years before wasn't it? Underused, he could've brightened the place up, he was a laugh before getting together with Tina.
  • HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    I dont think its a feasible option much as I like Chris Fountain.
  • Rick_PoppaRick_Poppa Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No.....much prefer Luke at the garage.
  • Gambit_is_aceGambit_is_ace Posts: 9,458
    Forum Member
    I think it would be great if he came back now.
  • AndreaMCAndreaMC Posts: 3,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They can't stand to have good lookin blokes in Corrie for some reason:(
  • WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was terrible. Couldn't act his way out of a paper bag.
  • RealityRocksRealityRocks Posts: 4,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is no room for a Duckworth in Corrie 2014. Sad but true.
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    I had high hopes for him when he joined the show, but they hardly used him. I had high hopes for him and Tina together, but they didn't write for them. There is no need for him on the show, the way they underused him, the character never got any footing at all.
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Valentine wrote: »
    His face obviously didn't fit and they jumped at the chance to get rid. Curious, they could've just fined him and given him a final warning and the YouTube thing was a good 2 years before wasn't it? Underused, he could've brightened the place up, he was a laugh before getting together with Tina.

I agree. Look at Russell Brand and Jonathan Ross(not soap related I admit) They keep on dropping clangers in public and they are still going strong. What Chris did was very wrong. But everyone needs a chance. He apologised and admitted he was wrong. I think Stuart Blackburn had something against both Chris Fountain and Michelle Keegan.
  • callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Duckworths ended at Jack I am afraid. Tommy could of had potential, but was just a wimp who hung around Tina following her around like a pet dog. I prefer Luke.
  • tuppencehapennytuppencehapenny Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Duckworths ended at Jack I am afraid. Tommy could of had potential, but was just a wimp who hung around Tina following her around like a pet dog. I prefer Luke.

Yes, he did end up very wimpish and also permanently miserable. Luke's got more spark about him (no car-type pun intended!)
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris Fountain is gorgeous but he was a poor Actor- the Duckworths are a thing of the past now.