Options

Alison King.

AaronWxAaronWx Posts: 2,531
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm not a religious soap watcher, but whenever I catch an episode of Corrie I always find Carla great to watch. Alison is a really good actress who seems to be carrying this whole Tina drama on her own.

Comments

• Options
    Wheeler2Wheeler2 Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Totally agree .
  • Options
    ImOnlyWeeImOnlyWee Posts: 11,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got to love her !!
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is a great actress which is why I am gutted we never got to see Carla confront Tina about the affair before she died, it would have made for a great scene
  • Options
    leopard_printleopard_print Posts: 1,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Always loved her
  • Options
    Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    AaronWx wrote: »
    I'm not a religious soap watcher, but whenever I catch an episode of Corrie I always find Carla great to watch. Alison is a really good actress who seems to be carrying this whole Tina drama on her own.

Alison King is one of if not the best actress on Corrie.

That final scene tonight when she told Peter were to go showed how brilliant she is, I also think that Chris Gascoigne is a good actor too so these two acting opposite each other are great to watch.

Hope we get more scenes between Carla and Roy too.
  • Options
    SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was nice to see a flash of the old, no nonsense Carla tonight. She's been a shadow of her former self since getting together with Peter.
  • Options
    Wheeler2Wheeler2 Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Back at her best being hard as nails . I also love get soft vulnerable side too .
  • Options
    trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    Truly brilliant actress. Never disappoints!
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think she's amazing as an actress. Carlas self righteousness is getting annoying though especially when she basically took great pleasure in her affair with Peter so is a hypocrite
  • Options
    boxer1988boxer1988 Posts: 1,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How brilliant was she tonight?!

She is such a fantastic actress. Loved her scenes with David Neilson and Chris Gascoyne.
    I really hope there will be more Roy and Carla scenes. They work so well together.
  • Options
    Tom_MullenTom_Mullen Posts: 893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AaronWx wrote: »

Agreed she is a very good actress, she was very good tonight.
  • Options
    sorrentosorrento Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL....I see the CCAS is out in force once again......
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    She totally owned that last scene! I am amazed at how she can draw everyone's attention, even with such subtlety like in tonight's episode. I loved seeing that feisty Carla making a comeback, I hope there's more to come! Alison King as an actress is seriously underrated in my opinion and deserves so much more recognition than she gets!
  • Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    She's just the best isn't she? Everything about this last week has been about her.
  • Options
    stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fantastic actress and easy on the eye
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im glad she's staying on the show. I don't know what I would do if she left.
    She has been leading the show this year and will hopefully continue to do so
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lucy Lou wrote: »
    Alison King is one of if not the best actress on Corrie.

That final scene tonight when she told Peter were to go showed how brilliant she is, I also think that Chris Gascoigne is a good actor too so these two acting opposite each other are great to watch.

Hope we get more scenes between Carla and Roy too.

AK & CG are both very good especially when they them decent material.
  • Options
    AaronWxAaronWx Posts: 2,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stv viewer wrote: »
    Fantastic actress and easy on the eye

Agreed. She's gorgeous.
  • Options
    Carla-esqueCarla-esque Posts: 703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love her. Hopefully we'll see feisty Carla come back in full force. And black hair. ;-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    I watch Corrie on and off, more of an EastEnders fan, but watching the whole Tina/ Carla/ Peter storyline from last week has been really good, and Alison Kings acting has been superb, and I really liked her scenes with Roy and how they referenced Hayley
  • Options
    Gambit_is_aceGambit_is_ace Posts: 9,458
    Forum Member
    AK is Corrie's best actress. She deserves more recognition!
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    She's comfortably the best actress on Corrie.

Her scenes with David Neilson were brilliant.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like her but her whiny voice not so much
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member

I think her and Jane Danson are easily the two best actresses on the show, the problem with Jane is her character Leanne is written so badly and repetitively that she is forgotten but she always delievers when required. Doesn't help that they pair her with Nick and now Kal, two terrible actors.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

imo alison king is the best actor out of all the continuing drama's. she should give a masterclass on how to act in a continuing drama. pure class.