LBC creeping back to to being a London station

2»

Comments

• gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hertz wrote: »
    Since we got LBC on Digital One on DAB for the very first time in February, I've yet to hear any caller from Northern Ireland on the station. In fact, that goes for Scotland, Wales, and other parts of England as well.

I think it is pretty much still London orientated, whether they think they are leading Britain's conversation or not

Nonsense. LBC gets callers from all over the world, including all parts of the UK.
  • BingethinkBingethink Posts: 4,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Inkblot wrote: »

I'm sure that LBC sounds London-centric to people who don't live here, but to those of us that do, it just sounds like a phone-in station where some of the topics are based in London. It doesn't sound like a local station and there's very little chance that any truly local stories will be discussed on air.

Yes, but that because the national media already focuses an undue amount of attention on London, and thinks that local London issues and national issues are much the same thing.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Nonsense. LBC gets callers from all over the world, including all parts of the UK.

I concur.
  • HertzHertz Posts: 3,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've listened for a while now on and off and I've yet to hear anyone from Northern Ireland. Likewise Scotland and Wales.

Seems to me it focuses very much on London and nowhere else.

5 live is much more a UK wide station.
  • AmaraAmara Posts: 5,374
    Forum Member
    It's not my capital city, my capital city is Cardiff! I don't hear people talking about London's Taxis anywhere here!

Nor here in Norwich either.