Is BB shifting the blame for the fix?

13»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Too be honest even though the result cant be changed, i would suggest that Ofcom should perhaps look at the voting on the night of the final just to make sure nothing underhand has happened.

I don't get why people would have voted her to win?, i can't get my head around that, I always thought that the general public were a better judge of character but maybe i am wrong?

Tell me if i am wrong, but it just doesn't send out a good message, with a result like that. Its basically rewarding bullying.

I don't think that Helen's win had very much at all to do with the great British public. Most of them weren't interested and didn't watch or didn't vote. The few who did vote probably spent a pound or two, on average, on their favorite housemates. I believe that Helen's win was the result of a tiny minority of Helen supporters and/or Ashleigh haters who voted like crazy to make a point. It wouldn't have worked in the old days when millions of people watched and voted, but I reckon that's what happened here.
  • Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    Yeah he is amazing…can’t argue with that. :)

He has been telling me that the thinks BB is all fixed for years because producers have a 'lot to gain' from promoting the person they want to win using clever editing.

He never moans when I watch it but he refuses to watch it himself.

However, his thinking is that you don’t have to be psychic to realize that a housemate who is 33/1 when they have a ‘buy’ to the final has to be valued bet.

What do they have to gain exactly? What have they gained from their fixed winners in the past?

If Ch 5 want to use someone for spin offs they do just that whether they win or lose. They have all been chosen in the first place from thousands of applicants - once in the house the editing does kind of allocate them their various roles but we make our own minds up from that.

Helen was hardly promoted as a winner - she had horrendous edits and a really nasty biased coverage on BOTS.

Every year people cry fix - sometimes the forum favourite just doesn't win - it happens.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 334
    Forum Member
    Can you ask you husband to give you all the numbers for the forthcoming Health Lottery & National Lottery draws & then PM them to me please?;-)

I wish:) on the other hand he doesn't like doing the lottery as the odds are really really bad. Someone got 6 numbers a few weeks ago and won £700.00 I don't think many people are entering the lotto anymore going by that 'win' ... I would have been gutted :o
  • gary1234gary1234 Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    It's a real shame they are hell bent on turning away older viewers that have been watching for the past 14yrs.

I never liked Jamie, his attitude was if you don't like it p*** off.
  • orangeballoonorangeballoon Posts: 10,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i love all this "fix" rubbish people have about big brother and really wonder if next time they watch the x-factor or BGT and especially if they waste their time voting (or participating in the interactive nature of the "show") that they are watching people who have been picked because they stood out in the audition process, that they were likely picked because they were rubbish but had a backstory to exploit for the entertainment of those at home... and that while they will be positioned to win a couple of rounds they have no real chance and never did. they were only allowed to be there for the cruel entertainment at their expense and that was all.

and will they see that every camera angle. every "pop" on screen, every moment of "ahhhh" and "aghh" has been rehearsed and planned --- and if they complained about big brother but sit there lapping up that pap then they really are a sucker
  • Janette800Janette800 Posts: 13,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doesn't bother me if it was fixed or not....I didn't vote once this year CH5 wont get a penny out of me...and for the people who are complaining....stop voting and hit them were it hurts
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    dialectic wrote: »
    All the same people who moan about Helen's pass, never once protested against Jale's permanent nomination. In fact, some of these same people were part of a campaign to oust her, even though she possibly shouldn't have been up anyway. It's another case of double standards.

Really???

Surely a lot of people thought both the free pass and the killer nom were equally unfair
  • sheils1sheils1 Posts: 16,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me and a million other people you mean!!

Exactly, dont like it cos Helen beat the others so its got to be a fix. :D:D:D:D
  • cobiscobis Posts: 11,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I honestly don't see why the producers would fix it for anyone to win, it would be a legal nightmare if any real evidence came to light and what would they gain from it?

they have already moved on to Monday's launch of CBB, this years housemates will no doubt pop up on BOTS however I cant see any of them being given a role in any other programmes on C5 exactly the same as last year's housemates.

All the producers have to do is try and keep people watching during the series and avoid a repeat of the mundane dreariness of BB4, but once the winner has been declared and the lights in the house go off that's it onto the next one!
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i love all this "fix" rubbish people have about big brother and really wonder if next time they watch the x-factor or BGT and especially if they waste their time voting (or participating in the interactive nature of the "show") that they are watching people who have been picked because they stood out in the audition process, that they were likely picked because they were rubbish but had a backstory to exploit for the entertainment of those at home... and that while they will be positioned to win a couple of rounds they have no real chance and never did. they were only allowed to be there for the cruel entertainment at their expense and that was all.

and will they see that every camera angle. every "pop" on screen, every moment of "ahhhh" and "aghh" has been rehearsed and planned --- and if they complained about big brother but sit there lapping up that pap then they really are a sucker

For some people, if their favourite doesn't win, or an HM they don't does win, then it's a 'fix'.

It's always been this way & I can never envisage it changing.