Uk Census.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 841
Forum Member
✭✭
Will census records from 1911 onwards ever be available online? Why aren't they online?

Comments

• welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think they wait till (almost) everyone in them is dead.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    welwynrose wrote: »

Yea thats the last uk census available online.:confused: I'm after the ones after that.
  • trphiltrphil Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 1921 census will be available in 2021, 100 years afterwards. :cool:
  • albertdalbertd Posts: 14,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, the only useful thing that you can get for after 1911 is the Birth/Marriage/Death registers. As said, census details are only made available 100 years after the time it was done.
  • nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Accessing the 1921 Census .... when will the 1921 Census be released?
    The ruling by the Information Commissioner that resulted in the 1911 census being opened early does not apply to the 1921 census because, unlike the 1911 census, the 1921 census was conducted under the 1920 Census Act, which is still in force and which contains a statutory prohibition on disclosure.

The stated government position from the ONS is "its intention to release the entirety of the 1921 census returns in 2022, in accordance with the non-statutory '100 year rule' which was adopted to reflect this undertaking of confidentiality".
  • LaVieEnRoseLaVieEnRose Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I understand that the 1931 census was accidentally destroyed in a fire, and there was no census in 1941 because of the war, so there will be a big gap in the records.