Options

at least helen winning was better than

sultanina9sultanina9 Posts: 486
Forum Member
sam winning at least she made a contribution to the show sam done absolutely nothing for 8 weeks and I mean nothing at all! he took the spot of someone who could have been an interesting housemate that's what most annoyed me about him. I don't see how people would feel the need to reward that sam winning was a disgrace he done absolutely nothing at all for the show and people are saying Helen is the worst winner ever?

Comments

• Options
    PercyBysshePercyBysshe Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    Helen is a better winner than Cameron/Rachel/Josie/LukeA/Sam.
  • Options
    EchoFallsEchoFalls Posts: 3,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helen is the best ever HM.
  • Options
    mz fitmz fit Posts: 1,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No it wasn't. She was the worst housemate I've ever seen on the show, and I've seen them all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,122
    Forum Member
    i'd rather a boring person like sam or luke a win over a nasty bully any day
  • Options
    PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sam winning stopped Dexter and Gina winning, so he was an essential winner and very similar to Helen in that respect :cool:
  • Options
    previewspreviews Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cant really comment as her incessant aggression and paranoia forced me to stop watching after a couple of weeks. Even the mute button didn't help as you didn't need to hear her to know what she was saying.
  • Options
    amelie74amelie74 Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    For me Helen was the nastiest and most undeserving winner of BB and it annoyed me that her pass meant we couldn't get rid of her before her manipulated 'redemption' arc was complete.

Maybe if I'd had money on her to win at 50/1 or was in the 'anyone but Ashleigh' club I'd feel differently.
  • Options
    snarieksnariek Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No one is a worse winner than Helen.
  • Options
    alienghostalienghost Posts: 1,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It won't be a popular opinion on this forum, but I liked both Sam and Helen, and I'm glad they both won. :D

I liked them for different reasons. Sam was a nice lad, and Helen was the most interesting housemate this year. No, they weren't perfect, but they were themselves, and I much prefer that to the likes of Dexter and Gina. I think Gina was playing up to the cameras most of the time, and Dexter was a bullshiner if ever there was one. Say what you like about the producers trying to do a "journey" edit for Helen, but Dexter was trying to play that card from the word go, and don't get me started on that non-event fauxmance with Charlie.

I thought Ashleigh was a good housemate, but the cult-like worship of her really put me off her by the end.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pitman wrote: »
    Sam winning stopped Dexter and Gina winning, so he was an essential winner and very similar to Helen in that respect :cool:

Indeed. I didn't want Sam to win at all, purely because he never seemed to do anything, as lovely a guy as he appeared, until the final three. Then suddenly I had fingers and toes crossed for him :D
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helen & Josie

Highly manipulative girls & protected by BB thoughout their series.

Ruined both series.
  • Options
    benbeez1benbeez1 Posts: 18,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    my order best to worst
    Josie
    Aaron
    Rachel
    Sophie
    Anthony
    Craig
    Nadia
    Kate
    Luke
    Brian D
    Helen
    Cameron
    Pete
    Sam
    Brian B

so not the worst
  • Options
    Twinkle toes noTwinkle toes no Posts: 1,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EchoFalls wrote: »
    Helen is the best ever HM.

Bit of a stretch IMO :)
  • Options
    Flight815-23DFlight815-23D Posts: 5,311
    Forum Member
    danigirl wrote: »
    Indeed. I didn't want Sam to win at all, purely because he never seemed to do anything, as lovely a guy as he appeared, until the final three. Then suddenly I had fingers and toes crossed for him :D

He admitted to turning off his hearing aids when anyone he didn't like was in the room (in other words, anyone but Callum). There's not doing anything, and there's actively going out of your way to avoid the entire house. It's sad that it was rewarded.
  • Options
    newgirl55newgirl55 Posts: 1,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still shocked people think this, worst housemate for me
  • Options
    bulldog rosiebulldog rosie Posts: 1,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alienghost wrote: »
    It won't be a popular opinion on this forum, but I liked both Sam and Helen, and I'm glad they both won. :D

I liked them for different reasons. Sam was a nice lad, and Helen was the most interesting housemate this year. No, they weren't perfect, but they were themselves, and I much prefer that to the likes of Dexter and Gina. I think Gina was playing up to the cameras most of the time, and Dexter was a bullshiner if ever there was one. Say what you like about the producers trying to do a "journey" edit for Helen, but Dexter was trying to play that card from the word go, and don't get me started on that non-event fauxmance with Charlie.

I thought Ashleigh was a good housemate, but the cult-like worship of her really put me off her by the end.

So you decided not to like her because other people put her on a pedestal .That says more about you than this forum or any cult-like worship . You're supposed to back your own judgement on HMs.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He admitted to turning off his hearing aids when anyone he didn't like was in the room (in other words, anyone but Callum). There's not doing anything, and there's actively going out of your way to avoid the entire house. It's sad that it was rewarded.

Like I said, I wasn't a fan. I had nothing against the guy, but to be honest I kept forgetting he was in the house he was such a non involved HM. It was only when it came down to the final three at which point he did get my support (though not my vote), purely because the other two were not winners in my opinion and Sam was my preferred out of that specific trio :)
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [/B]

So you decided not to like her because other people put her on a pedestal .That says more about you than this forum or any cult-like worship . You're supposed to back your own judgement on HMs.

I agree - have never understood that people decide to change their vote just based on them being worshipped on DS.
  • Options
    alienghostalienghost Posts: 1,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I wouldn't say I ever strongly liked or disliked Ashleigh really, or that I ever changed my mind drastically about her. I always quite liked the way she tried to play the game, but at the same time I saw her as a bit miserable and bratty. I appreciated what she bought to the show, I just thought she was a bit overrated, and that got worse towards the end.
  • Options
    sultanina9sultanina9 Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    the Helen hate is what made her overrated
  • Options
    pondie84pondie84 Posts: 11,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saying that someone is a better winner than Sam is some pretty faint praise.
  • Options
    GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helen is a better winner than Cameron/Rachel/Josie/LukeA/Sam.

I liked Josie and Rachel but I raise you Nadia and Anphony Hutton.