Options

Leann Rimes - is it me or is she an annoying idiot?

WutheringWuthering Posts: 1,071
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2736033/LeAnn-Rimes-makes-tasteless-rape-joke-Joan-Rivers-losing-virginity-couples-interview-Eddie-Cibrian.html

If a man had said similar, he would have quite rightly found people calling for his head on a spike.

I have found Leann annoying for a long time now, and she seems to get more idiotic by the day. She seems to think there's something cute and clever about constantly reveling too much TMI and being generally tasteless. I used to love her music in the days of How Do I Live and Can't Fight the Moonlight but if I never hear of her again it will be too soon. I'm sure she didn't used to be such a pain in the arse, what's changed?

Comments

• Options
    viertevierte Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep totally agree, she is such a disappointment. Not really sure why she thinks the affair they had will eventually be funny? That's just weird.
  • Options
    nitenursenitenurse Posts: 1,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agree. A total waste of a talent and a life.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nitenurse wrote: »
    Totally agree. A total waste of a talent and a life.

I wouldn't go that far. :o

She just needs to realise she's not cute or clever when she makes "jokes" about rape or reveals TMI at inappropriate moments. It's got very grating at this point and she's more than old enough to know better.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is wasting her life. No time in recording studios. No going back to school for higher education. No known charity work. No children of her own.

Now there's a life well lived.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is wasting her life. No time in recording studios. No going back to school for higher education. No known charity work. No children of her own.

I have no issue with her choosing how to spend her time and I don't see why anyone thinks they have the right to find fault in that area.

Can we stick to the topic of her being an annoying idiot?
  • Options
    Johnny_CashJohnny_Cash Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a big deal, I get what shes saying, it was said in jest, maybe wrong choice of words at worst.

To address the poster who said, no charity giving, wrong, spokesperson for a charity and gives to numerous charities, no time in the recording studio? Wrong, she released and toured Spitfire last year, schooling? Why would she need to, incase her extremely successful country music career fails and she has to get a job as a bookeeper? Kids of her own? Although its not something to judge someone over, she is a step mother and at 31, its hardly too late for her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    31? I'm shocked. Without wishing to sound cruel her general leathery appearance made me think she must be at least 40. Possibly too much plastic surgery?
  • Options
    Leanne_Blake1Leanne_Blake1 Posts: 1,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's extremely annoying.
  • Options
    Johnny_CashJohnny_Cash Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CoolRob55 wrote: »
    31? I'm shocked. Without wishing to sound cruel her general leathery appearance made me think she must be at least 40. Possibly too much plastic surgery?

Agreed, she does look older than she actually is.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's been annoying ever since she got with Eddie. She's over the top, massively insecure, and pretty much unlikeable with her weird Single White Female obsession with his ex wife. When she was with her first husband, they were very low key but she seemed genuine and nice.
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So any woman that doesn't have their own genetic children is wasting their life?

Just. Wow.
  • Options
    tinkerbell987tinkerbell987 Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Calien01 wrote: »
    She's been annoying ever since she got with Eddie. She's over the top, massively insecure, and pretty much unlikeable with her weird Single White Female obsession with his ex wife. When she was with her first husband, they were very low key but she seemed genuine and nice.

This^^^
    He cheated with her, he'll cheat on her & she knows that, that's why she clings to him like a limpet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So any woman that doesn't have their own genetic children is wasting their life?

Just. Wow.

She's constantly bleating on about how she loves being a soccer Mom, she loves kids, she wants kids. Well do it. Stop shouting about it.

Remember in North America we see a very different side that what is seen in the UK.

She's just wasting her life being Eddie's cheerleader.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nitenurse, while I started this thread you seem to have a rather worrying level of personal dislike for someone you don't actually know.
  • Options
    Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    I may be mistaken but didn't Leann Rimes have a relligious image, girl next door type when she was married to her first husband. I know a lot of people were shocked when she had the affair with married Eddie. So many American stars use their "fantastically happily married" image to sell their product, whatever that may be!! To be she looks desperately unhappy, frantically thin and sexy all the time as she seems to think that is all she can offer her partner. Sad, I will not be surprise when Eddie cheats on her with another young blonde!! Perhaps it is better she does not have kids!! Lots of these famous guys cheat when their wives are pregnant!!
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CoolRob55 wrote: »

She'd probably look better if she had more weight on in the face area.
  • Options
    fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    I don't really know much about her but she doesn't seem very attractive, either inside or out to be frank.
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's constantly bleating on about how she loves being a soccer Mom, she loves kids, she wants kids. Well do it. Stop shouting about it.

Remember in North America we see a very different side that what is seen in the UK.

She's just wasting her life being Eddie's cheerleader.

Maybe they're trying and are having fertility problems. As we are not privy to their private lives we just don't know. Fertility is a hugely complex issue.

Not every woman can just click their fingers and have a baby.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's more a case of she wants them and Eddie isn't 100% sure yet. Although I saw some thing about their "reality show" where they agreed to stop using birth control.

I remember some pap video of them and Eddie was asked about future kids and he said he'd like a baby girl someday, Leann got all clingy and said "I AM your baby girl" :o:D
  • Options
    Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Comedy knows no limitations. But coming from a tame, out of date, has been country pop singer who sat on the wave of line dancing then a shit movie tame movie, its a very odd direction to go.

But its Joans show so it has to be all sex and sex and sex and sex. Because we just don't have enough sex in the media these days.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I may be mistaken but didn't Leann Rimes have a relligious image, girl next door type when she was married to her first husband. I know a lot of people were shocked when she had the affair with married Eddie. So many American stars use their "fantastically happily married" image to sell their product, whatever that may be!! To be she looks desperately unhappy, frantically thin and sexy all the time as she seems to think that is all she can offer her partner. Sad, I will not be surprise when Eddie cheats on her with another young blonde!! Perhaps it is better she does not have kids!! Lots of these famous guys cheat when their wives are pregnant!!

Not mistaken. When she started out, she was heavily promoted as the "nice, Southern girl next door". Her first marriage was presented as the ideal, and she sort of disappeared for a few years into domestic bliss.

Next thing the general public knew, she was out there as Eddie's girl. Eddie is a strange one. Most people don't remember him before he was on a soap and left because he was going to be a superstar but every series he's been on since has flopped. He doesn't even get a backstory mention on the show that gave him his start anymore.

Most people saw him as latching onto her a meal ticket and were totally amazed/disgusted by their affair and for a while he came off as the predator in the relationship. Her behaviour towards the ex-wife reminded a lot of people of Julia Roberts behaviour towards her man's wife back at the start of that marriage.

She really doesn't get a lot of media attention in North America, it's like people hope they will just disappear but like a gopher, every so often they pop up in the media, usually about the time Eddie's next big show is due out. Or there will be a picture of her "bikini-bod" in a supermarket tabloid with a "do or don't?" next to her. She rarely appears for the Psoriasis Society that she used to do a lot of work for.
  • Options
    WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's wasting her life because she does no "known" charity work? Some celebs do like to keep donations private, no matter how much of their personal life they put on show.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I probably still would though.