Options

Paedophile ring preys on 50 school girls in West Yorkshire.

Comments

• Options
    juliancarswelljuliancarswell Posts: 8,896
    Forum Member
    So are the media still playing it down or frightened of accusations of islamophobia?
    Well to answer that, It is interesting that when I posted on here a couple of days ago " does anyone know where I can find a list of the various towns and numbers of these cases going back over the years as they all seemed to run into one in my head" , nobody could come back with a link for this basic information.
    In fact it wasnt until somebody posted a link to a rightwing blog where it had all been collated.
    The shocking size of the problem wasnt then the hot topic, but slagging off the source.
    To me the fact that you have to go to bloggers to find this information and not the
    BBC
    The Guardan
    The Times
    The Telegraph etc is very revealing.
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Any info would need to be updated daily because cases are starting to flood in now.
  • Options
    juliancarswelljuliancarswell Posts: 8,896
    Forum Member
    Five more girls have come forward in the last two days😞
  • Options
    jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,572
    Forum Member
    The Strategic Director of Children's Services made a clear and unambiguous statement; I certainly wasn 't confused by it. I can't speak to what confuses you of course.

I was referring to later reports that said there was more to it than just Ukip membership. That does seem likely.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It was certainly happening in Rotherham for years

Yes, but that had nothing to do with multiculturalism.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's a matter for the courts, the DPP and whoever.

Here at DS people are working on a hunch with that load of scum in Aylesbury
    And skating close to the edge of legality in the process!
  • Options
    ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    jjwales wrote: »
    I was referring to later reports that said there was more to it than just Ukip membership. That does seem likely.

What makes you think it seems more likely? The administration of the council have been shown to have behaved outrageously in many other ways.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes, but that had nothing to do with multiculturalism.

Why not?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And skating close to the edge of legality in the process!

Report them or get over it..
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So are the media still playing it down or frightened of accusations of islamophobia?
    Well to answer that, It is interesting that when I posted on here a couple of days ago " does anyone know where I can find a list of the various towns and numbers of these cases going back over the years as they all seemed to run into one in my head" , nobody could come back with a link for this basic information.
    In fact it wasnt until somebody posted a link to a rightwing blog where it had all been collated.
    The shocking size of the problem wasnt then the hot topic, but slagging off the source.
    To me the fact that you have to go to bloggers to find this information and not the
    BBC
    The Guardan
    The Times
    The Telegraph etc is very revealing.

I agree it's hard to find. I posted this on the other thread.

http://www.channel4.com/news/search/?freetext=grooming

Taken from the list this is about the Rotherham report following the previous convictions. The video at the bottom of the page is worth a look. Systemic failures throughout all agencies. Exactly the same as this case.

This also shows how difficult it is to have meaningful statistics on the ethnicity of known perpetrators and victims ., Another PC and bureaucratic mess.

https://fullfact.org/crime/sex_offender_asian_white_proportion_grooming_rotherham-34810
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Or just not being bothered in the case of the police.

Ah so that's why the police did nothing, they just couldn't be bothered.

I suppose that's one way to try and get the lefties off the hook but somehow I don't think it's going to work for you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ah so that's why the police did nothing, they just couldn't be bothered.
    That's more or less what the report said, isn't it?
    I suppose that's one way to try and get the lefties off the hook but somehow I don't think it's going to work for you.
    I'm just stating facts. Not trying to excuse anyone, but "lefties" can't be blamed for what happened.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Report them or get over it..
    Already have.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Why not?

Because, as I've already pointed out, multiculturalism does not mean allowing members of different cultures to break the law with impunity. Why anyone would think it does is a mystery.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's more or less what the report said, isn't it?

I'm just stating facts. Not trying to excuse anyone, but "lefties" can't be blamed for what happened.

What that they couldn't be botherd because they had better things to do? come off it.

Lefties are to blame because it's they who have gotten into councils etc with their ideologies and as a result the mentioning or questiong of race/ culture, other than white European of course, has become a taboo subject and any that do get the racist accusations, are sent on brainwashing courses or forced to leave.

Being one yourself I've no doubt you'll deny all that.

Already have.
    Got over it or reported?

Because, as I've already pointed out, multiculturalism does not mean allowing members of different cultures to break the law with impunity. Why anyone would think it does is a mystery.

The fear of upstting the multicultural applecart let them get away with it for years, that was impunity in action.
  • Options
    tour de forcetour de force Posts: 4,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I see no credible evidence for such a likelihood whatsoever.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What that they couldn't be botherd because they had better things to do? come off it.
    Did you not read the report? It states that "police regarded many of the victims involved with contempt; disbelieved reports containing ‘stark evidence’ of child sex exploitation; closed cases of such abuse prematurely; and failed to follow up on information they had been given".
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/11060663/Rotherham-As-a-Pakistani-woman-Id-welcome-a-police-force-that-didnt-rely-on-imams.html
    Lefties are to blame because it's they who have gotten into councils etc with their ideologies and as a result the mentioning or questiong of race/ culture, other than white European of course, has become a taboo subject and any that do get the racist accusations, are sent on brainwashing courses or forced to leave.

Being one yourself I've no doubt you'll deny all that.
    I am a liberal rather than a "leftie", but it would clearly be wrong to blame everyone on the left for the failings of this council. The only people to blame are those who failed to take action when they should have done. No one should attempt to use "multiculturalism" as an excuse for this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I see no credible evidence for such a likelihood whatsoever.

The council have said there were other factors which they cannot make public. Whether you believe them or not is up to you.
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    For 3 years, a 12 year-old girl was forced, by up to 28 men, to have sex almost every day. :eek: :mad:

If this had been in America, they'd be getting the electric chair.

Here, they'll either get a little bit of Community Service or get 2 years in a cushy jail with Playstations, Sky TV and shopping trips.

They could get life, which, as we all know, isn't hardly ever total life.

no they wouldn`t. nor, quite obviously, should they.
  • Options
    blue eyed guyblue eyed guy Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    blue eyed guyblue eyed guy Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Karen Downes would disagree with you.
  • Options
    dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    Did you not read the report? It states that "police regarded many of the victims involved with contempt; disbelieved reports containing ‘stark evidence’ of child sex exploitation; closed cases of such abuse prematurely; and failed to follow up on information they had been given".
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/11060663/Rotherham-As-a-Pakistani-woman-Id-welcome-a-police-force-that-didnt-rely-on-imams.html

I am a liberal rather than a "leftie", but it would clearly be wrong to blame everyone on the left for the failings of this council. The only people to blame are those who failed to take action when they should have done. No one should attempt to use "multiculturalism" as an excuse for this.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree. It cannot be used as an excuse. It cannot be excused, full stop. It is, however, very much the cause of it though.
  • Options
    bspacebspace Posts: 14,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dekaf wrote: »

I totally agree. It cannot be used as an excuse. It cannot be excused, full stop. It is, however, very much the cause of it though.

I would say not the cause of it but part of the same mindset.

The cause to me is more the notion of "cultural sensitivity".

The idea that you should consider the culture of someone before applying the law is the root of the notion of "one law for us another for them". This has got to stop, we must all be equal and treated the same in law.