Points Of View Autumn 2014

koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
There series is back this Sunday at 16:15.

Wonder if they will have any complaints about sound problems? ;)

And will they actually solve any problems?

Will they ever admit they are wrong and the viewers are right?

And will the usual FMs argue amongst each other? ;)

Comments

• Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm..

Not a lot of BBC programmes I think are worth watching lately, but I'm sure there will be an opportunity to get one or two going, for whom the BBC, can do no wrong and are really good at managing our money.
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,587
    Forum Member
    Will they ever admit they are wrong and the viewers are right?
    Well they have done before; so yes, probably
    And will the usual FMs argue amongst each other? ;)
    See above answer :p
    ...for whom the BBC can do no wrong...
    Would you be so kind as to quote me any post from anyone who has ever even suggested that; or stop lying about it. One of the two.
    ..and are really good at managing our money.
    Of course, the truth is that they are demonstrably no better or worse than any other large organisation. eg. the NHS.
  • Ex PatEx Pat Posts: 7,514
    Forum Member
    Hmm..

Not a lot of BBC programmes I think are worth watching lately, but I'm sure there will be an opportunity to get one or two going, for whom the BBC, can do no wrong and are really good at managing our money.

Will you be watching it?
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ex Pat wrote: »
    Will you be watching it?

Only if I'm swapping channels and come across it by accident. I put in the same category as Harry Hill's clips programme. That has a lot in common with the BBC, a high proportion of repeats.
    Points of View is a perfect example of a pathetic attempt at positive corporate spin.
    A few people on here who like to give the impression that they know all about TV, seem to swallow most of it wholesale, which can lead to some amusement, I like to quote them bits from the Daily Mail, step back and wait for the reaction, (I'm smiling because reading this thread I see it's started already, there's often a reference to the NHS, as if that's got anything to do with POV, or that somehow, "two wrongs make a right.")

Those more used to the way corporations try to "navigate" (ironically enough, a word used frequently by the BBC) the public's perception, can see through it all and say so on here.

But I'm a bit bored with it now, better things to talk about on message boards.
  • ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if the BBC will defend Tumble?
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Points of View is quite easy to make now, Just use positive comments sent to @BBCPov on Twitter.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Songs of Praise Too White?

Rev David Curtis (white) says it isn't multicultural enough.
    Congregation 99% white.

Exec Producer: We did try.

Strictly Come Dancing: Praise
    Tumble: Drop in viewers. Some viewers liked it. Many didn't. New low, Nonsense. Just a copy of SCD.
    Head of Entertainment: We're right, you're wrong. Produced by the same team as SCD. rolleyes.
    Item went on for way too long.

Missing episode of Pointless.

1000 complaints. Yet not shown in repeat.
    Show was removed because of controversial answer first time it was shown.

Young Vets.

Judy made an impact. Praise for the show.

Castles in the Sky.

Praise.

The show spent way too much time on the Tumble item. Pointless item was pointless. rolleyes.

Another bland episode.
  • DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Show was removed because of controversial answer first time it was shown..

I just tweeted them:
    Oh dear, @bbcPoV, that wasn't the £20k #pointless jackpot which went missing. @theJeremyVine should've introduced this:
    http://dvd-fever.co.uk/pointless-the-missing-20250-jackpot
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Load of old cobblers from beginning to end. Where do they get these participants from? Care in the community?
  • A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The " two" people complaining about Tumble were patronising and quite rude and clearly didn't watch the full series.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A.D.P wrote: »
    The " two" people complaining about Tumble were patronising and quite rude and clearly didn't watch the full series.

and who could blame them?
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,512
    Forum Member
    The good old BBC telling what we can or cannot watch again re the Pointless missing last episode >:(

Totally agree with the viewers about Judy from The Vet programme. She was a total star.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    DVDfever wrote: »
    I just tweeted them:
    Oh dear, @bbcPoV, that wasn't the £20k #pointless jackpot which went missing. @theJeremyVine should've introduced this:

That is a good article on your site, explains things very well.

Shame the Beeb couldn't do something similar, either an announcement before the repeat or subtitles to explain that the answer had already been shown and that this is a repeat.

rolleyes.
  • GORTONIANGORTONIAN Posts: 8,673
    Forum Member
    Thought the guy from the church was deliberately trying to stir up trouble
    I know from when ours was filmed every single church catholic c of e Methodist Evengelical were ALL invited .some came some didn't
    This appears to be what happened in Leeds
    BUT If people don't want to go they won't go what are the Beeb intending to do ?
    frogmarch people in ?
    Auntie saying they will do better...
    how by putting a gun to their heads ???
    Tumble the viewers hating but no surprise controller defending it
    No mention of recommission but SHOCK HORROR comment by Jeremy if YOUR comments are anything to go by it will be tucked away !!
    Any bets back next year ???
    Over 1000 complaints over missing pointless ep 60 😱
    Viewers not happy and it was to do with answer controversy when show first went out contestant gave right answer but told it was wrong at the time !
    The producers said as accuracy was so important in the show they decided not to repeat it but apologise for any CONFUSION caused to the audience !
    Fear not the POV team showed the conclusion of the show
    Young vets praise and Castles in the air the same
    Not keen on the naff graphics though 😄
  • DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That is a good article on your site, explains things very well.

Thanks. It was something I threw together in a few minutes just before going to bed on the night when everyone wondered what had happened. Didn't think anything of it after that.

Then I came home from work the next day to find I'd got an absolute shit-load of hits as it was top of the Google searches :D
    Shame the Beeb couldn't do something similar, either an announcement before the repeat or subtitles to explain that the answer had already been shown and that this is a repeat.

rolleyes.

Indeed. After her turn ahead of Blue Peter, explaining Richard Bacon's sacking, Lorraine Heggessey could've been brought back ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They really pushing the viewers videos when Twitter is a better way to contact them.
  • suesuesuesuesuesue Posts: 15,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Indeed. After her turn ahead of Blue Peter, explaining Richard Bacon's sacking, Lorraine Heggessey could've been brought back ;)
    ROFL best laugh of the day on DS. "Now boys and girls Richard and Xander have been very naughty and told a fib ....." :D
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    suesuesue wrote: »
    ROFL best laugh of the day on DS. "Now boys and girls Richard and Xander have been very naughty and told a fib ....." :D

That reminds me of these Armstrong and Miller sketches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbpztC6GHqw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtF5L9bKfO8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mVvRluNJpM
  • simongvs70simongvs70 Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just tweeted them:

Um, it was this edition they showed today. It clearly states in the description that it is S7 EP. 60 and it has the all-important question on photography at 8:00, the one in your blog post is from two weeks later. All it has going for it is a bigger jackpot win.
    I claim my £100/1000/10,000 (delete as appropriate) bribe to spare you any more embarrassment!:p
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,587
    Forum Member
    Songs of Praise Too White?

Rev David Curtis (white) says it isn't multicultural enough.
    Congregation 99% white.

Exec Producer: We did try.
    Indeed. You can't force people into a congregation.

Strictly Come Dancing: Praise
    Tumble: Drop in viewers. Some viewers liked it. Many didn't. New low, Nonsense. Just a copy of SCD.
    As was Dancing on Ice. As TXF is basically the same as BGT. They're all the same basic format. Not really a particularly valid complaint.
    Head of Entertainment: We're right, you're wrong.
    Here we go again. NO-ONE actually said that.
    Item went on for way too long.
    I actually agree.
    Show was removed because of controversial answer first time it was shown.
    Demonstrating that, whatever they do, someone will complain.
    Another bland episode.
    You could always stop watching it. Just think how much time you'd get back not having to meticulously (and sometimes incorrectly) post about it on here! ;)
    A.D.P wrote: »
    Which is why their "complaints" should not really have been validated by being shown.

Speaking of stupid complaints...
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    The good old BBC telling what we can or cannot watch again re the Pointless missing last episode >:(

I just tweeted them:
    as the BBC now have the policy that every quiz show must be whiter than white...
    Or risk the wrath of the Daily Fail, you and other people on the internet.

GORTONIAN wrote: »
    Tumble the viewers hating but no surprise controller defending it
    Correction. Some viewers hated it. 3.7 million didn't.
    No mention of recommission but SHOCK HORROR comment by Jeremy if YOUR comments are anything to go by it will be tucked away !! Any bets back next year ???
    Not everything any broadcasters does can be a "winner".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    BBC Coverage of the Scottish Referendum.

Was the coverage biased?
    Claims of bias on both sides.
    BBC Response. We were impartial, so there.

Invictus Games.

Inspirational. Open ceremony on One show, too much talk.
    Highlight programme too much talk and not enough highlights.

Gardeners World.

Show treated poorly in the schedules.
    Cancelled especially if sport is on.
    Loads of cookery shows but only 2.5 hrs of Gardening shows.
    BBC Response: Had to change things quickly and tried the timeslot.

This World: Ireland's Lost Babies.

Praise. A gripping and emotional watch. Saddening.

Our Zoo.

Praise. "I'll always remember the Camel in the backyard".
    Better time slot at a family friendly time?
    A child says 'It is on too late'.

The Great British Bake Off.

Too much innuendo?
    Carry On British Bake Off?
    An Extra Slice just as cheeky.

BBC Three.

Praise for Bad Education.
    A teen like it.

That is all.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,512
    Forum Member
    I had the feeling we were told to stick our comments up our ar*e this week >:(
  • RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,200
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Points of View is quite easy to make now, Just use positive comments sent to @BBCPov on Twitter.
    Load of old cobblers from beginning to end. Where do they get these participants from? Care in the community?
    They really pushing the viewers videos when Twitter is a better way to contact them.

I emailed some praise about Our Zoo and was contacted and asked if I would make a video comment. I declined and said I was happy to have my comment read out.
    If I had done a video I would have been viewed as 'care in the community' no doubt. :(

I think they're keen on showing videos to prove these are real people. However, Joe and Jane Public rarely come over well in video in this programme so I made the right decision in not making a video.
    I still think Twitter or email are better.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    RoseAnne wrote: »
    I emailed some praise about Our Zoo and was contacted and asked if I would make a video comment. I declined and said I was happy to have my comment read out.
    If I had done a video I would have been viewed as 'care in the community' no doubt. :(

I think they're keen on showing videos to prove these are real people. However, Joe and Jane Public rarely come over well in video in this programme so I made the right decision in not making a video.
    I still think Twitter or email are better.

Don't be worried about what people say on here, most of the time it is tongue in cheek.

Some viewers do come across as a little 'demented' but that is the fun of POV. :)

They should show more rants from Angry of Southend, rather than the bland ones they had today.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can see the Points Of View official forum going soon, No staff really goes on it apart from the mod.