Options

Humax losing a satellite feed

Hi Can anyone help.
Further to advice given last week i have done a factory reset and it indicated that there are two feeds found.
Evertime I record I seem to lose one feed, the options are greyed out and I lose many channels.
I have tried going into the engineers manu by pressing a combination of the clooured keys.
Here I find an option under connection type of "two cables (same)" and two cables(different)".
Please what is this about.
Under two cables different there is a a panel at the bottom of the screen that says Tuner 1 and a freq shown, however Tuner 2 is empty.

Any guidance appreciated
Steve

Comments

• Options
    grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The setting should be two cables(same). The same means that both cables go to the same multi lnb.

Diagnostics shows that tuner 2 input is not working probably as a result of an intermittent fault (because 2 were detected on the install). Check the second tuner connection, remove the connection check the centre core is not bent over and replace it (turn off the hdr before playing with the lnb connections). Reboot and check menu/system/diagnostics for a signal from both tunerd. If still no signal swap the inputs, if tuner 2 still shown no signal and tuner 1 does the hdr itself may have a fault
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    Thanks Graham,
    I guessed that what "differnet" meant but was sure.

It is only when I go to "differnet" that I can see the tuner1 and tuner 2.
    In diagnostics both Tuner are showing 100% and 90% strength and Quality. But as soon as I record anything the diagnostics is greyed out.

I'll check the connections again
    Steve
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2479steve wrote: »
    Thanks Graham,
    I guessed that what "differnet" meant but was sure.

It is only when I go to "differnet" that I can see the tuner1 and tuner 2.
    In diagnostics both Tuner are showing 100% and 90% strength and Quality. But as soon as I record anything the diagnostics is greyed out.

I'll check the connections again
    Steve

Yes you can't access diagnostics while recording. Very strange problem, I would make a note of your recording schedule and do a factory reset.

Quick way to check full function. Start instant recording on 951 and 108 (same low band vertical transponder so only tuner 1 is needed). Now check tuner 2 is fully working by tuning to say 800 (high band horizontal) and press pause. You should in fact be able to tune to any 3rd channel and pause it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks Graham for responding.

I have tried tuning into the stations you advised and I can record and pause them. What does that tell me? I'm confused
    Steve
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks Graham for responding.

I have tried tuning into the stations you advised and I can record and pause them. What does that tell me? I'm confused
    Steve

If you managed to record both 108 and 951 at the same time and view any 3rd channel then the Foxsat tuners are both working correctly. Can you confirm you were recording both 108 and 951 at the same time ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes they were recording.
    So the Humax is OK, or could it be intermittent? I'll try again.

Thanks
    Steve
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes they were recording.
    So the Humax is OK, or could it be intermittent? I'll try again.

Thanks
    Steve

All I can say is at the moment it's working as it should with both tuners with a signal