Best Most haunted?

steven1977steven1977 Posts: 3,968
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Got a friend who just watched it and they loved it. They want to borrow one of the dvds so after advice on what fans think is the best series and the best Live Episode.

Live id say pendle hill but only have part 1 but apart from that got all the others. When I say Live I mean the live one, not one of those crappy edit dvds. Putting 3 nights edited to 1 disk was disgraceful.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    Pendle Hill is the best by a mile. Only time they lost control
  • holyfreakinmolyholyfreakinmoly Posts: 201
    Forum Member
    "Most farted" on Youtube has my vote all the way. Sorry....couldnt resist!
  • ~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,165
    Forum Member
    Is there a best? Maybe the first series when, if nothing much happened, it wasn't an issue. The programme degenerated into a total farce with faked activity, it turned into a comedy show and not a very good one at that. One of the worst series ever broadcast, it was aimed at the gullible and the gullible lapped it up.
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would say series 1 to 8 for me.
  • Utopian GirlUtopian Girl Posts: 8,275
    Forum Member

Definitely! I'm a sceptic but it was really good. There was also one in an army hospital iirc?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA2133DFC41802043&feature=plcp
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    I would say Pendle Hill, edge fo the seat stuff, some of the best live telly ever :D believe it or not it was good entertainment, especially when David Wells headbutted the scrying mirror!
  • lozengerlozenger Posts: 4,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • ~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,165
    Forum Member
    Definitely! I'm a sceptic but it was really good. There was also one in an army hospital iirc?

Really good, even after Eric Decorum, Kreed Kafer, Rik Eedles, aka Derek Johnson, was exposed as being a fraud? I started out as sceptic and interested in such things, but ended up a total non believer, after watching all the series and after proof of the staged activity but not one single proof of anything paranormal, I came to my senses. Years of wasted TV viewing and I'll never get those years back again but, on the other hand, I did learn a valuable lesson and that is that ghosts, spirits and evil entities just do not exist. Maybe, just maybe, I didn't waste all that time after all. ;)
  • Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last Night's one from 2003 on Pick TV (6pm weekdays) had Derek gabbing happily away to Ruth Ellis and Reggie Kray, with Reggie saying Charlie (Richardson) wouldn't like me being here.

They were in Caesars night club in London.

Turns out Charlie died early this morning:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2205880/Charlie-Richardson-Death-gang-leader-known-pinning-victims-floor-inch-nails.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
  • KIIS102KIIS102 Posts: 8,539
    Forum Member
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    I would say Pendle Hill, edge fo the seat stuff, some of the best live telly ever :D believe it or not it was good entertainment, especially when David Wells headbutted the scrying mirror!

Definitely Pendle Hill. I remember that was the Live shows where Most Haunted got absolutely big ratings for LivingTV for late night. It was great
  • steven1977steven1977 Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pendle Hill was the only live show I didnt record due to me forgetting it was on. Ive seen clips on the net and looked pretty good. Were there any other good lives?

What was the best series.

I know Derek called Uvette a B**ch in one of the episodes. No idea which one.
  • Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ~Twinkle~ wrote: »
    Really good, even after Eric Decorum, Kreed Kafer, Rik Eedles, aka Derek Johnson, was exposed as being a fraud? I started out as sceptic and interested in such things, but ended up a total non believer, after watching all the series and after proof of the staged activity but not one single proof of anything paranormal, I came to my senses. Years of wasted TV viewing and I'll never get those years back again but, on the other hand, I did learn a valuable lesson and that is that ghosts, spirits and evil entities just do not exist. Maybe, just maybe, I didn't waste all that time after all. ;)

(Hope you don't mind me asking this in your thread Steven)

Were those episodes ever shown Twinkle - or anyone else who may know, and if so, did Ciaran O'Keefe sum up his analysis by saying the names were planted?

Did Derek and Sam run off squealing into the ether?
  • cat666cat666 Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there a best? Maybe the first series when, if nothing much happened, it wasn't an issue. The programme degenerated into a total farce with faked activity, it turned into a comedy show and not a very good one at that. One of the worst series ever broadcast, it was aimed at the gullible and the gullible lapped it up.

I have to say I agree with you wholeheartedley.

The early days were a joy to watch and any activity that happened was semi-believable. Later series, and especially the week long live events just had far too much activity going on to be plausable and I stopped watching.
  • mulderfanmulderfan Posts: 174
    Forum Member

totally agree loved this one
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would love to reboot Most Haunted - but make it more along the lines of Ghost Adventures and Ghost Hunters. No cameras purely on the casts faces, nothing that could be someone behind the camera throwing things etc. No psychics I would say. Just purely going in and recording evidence. No pantomine.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
    Forum Member
    I used to quite like series 5 & 6 but it's charm soon wore off when they started getting a bit too brazen with their antics.

I'd personally recommend Ghost Hunting With.... Still the same old trickery but the fun is watching celebs being reduced to nervous wrecks.
  • FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lozenger wrote: »

Thats my fave one too
  • wolfticketwolfticket Posts: 913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lil lexie wrote: »
    I used to quite like series 5 & 6 but it's charm soon wore off when they started getting a bit too brazen with their antics.

I'd personally recommend Ghost Hunting With.... Still the same old trickery but the fun is watching celebs being reduced to nervous wrecks.
    Ghost hunting with The Happy Mondays is an absolutely spectacular piece of television :D
  • daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,581
    Forum Member

I wouldn't normally watch this type of prog as I am a real sceptic, but watched the first part of it this evening and it was all i'd expected it to be. :rolleyes: A right load of tosh, Derek Accorah is one bad actor :p Funny how the names of two of the dead air crew came into his head........... not. :rolleyes:
    This is so obviously scripted, I find it difficult to believe that anyone is taken in. I gave up at the first ad break because I just did not find it worth watching.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most Haunted is good entertainment wise. Wanting to come across as a serious supernatural series, however — it fails miserably. I don't remember any episode standing out from the rest.
  • Jennifer JayneJennifer Jayne Posts: 9,022
    Forum Member
    I watched the Christmas Spirits episode that came out last year, forgot how crappy it was, you couldn't turn the volume up to hear any 'sounds' as you are afraid for your eardrums if Cath screams, everything happens behind the camera which is usually focused on each others faces or another members face, if a table moves it takes the bloke with the camera about 30 seconds to pan under said table.

At one point cath screams that something touched her foot, slowly camera man pans down and stuarts foot is touching hers (guess someone forgot to tell him to move his foot back afterwards)

the only good side was that there was no psyhcic, although I supose that no one would go anywhere near them now.
  • steven1977steven1977 Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lil lexie wrote: »

Absolutely hate that show with a passion. Having girls on there who scream a bit over the top like Ellison. When the show was being made I heard they were going to get the a team cast and then they decided to not have them on.
  • EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another vote for Pendle Hill. The crew got themselves really worked up about the Pendle witches, so much so that the usual scripted nonsense was forgotten while the crew became quite genuinely hysterical and started fainting and throwing up.

I'm normally rolling on the floor laughing at their antics but this one was quite unsettling because there was a real sense of panic in the air - entirely of their own making, of course, but unnerving nevertheless.

Here's a link to the original thread where we discussed the weekend as it happened:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=161788
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steven1977 wrote: »
    Absolutely hate that show with a passion. Having girls on there who scream a bit over the top like Ellison. When the show was being made I heard they were going to get the a team cast and then they decided to not have them on.

Having actors/actresses from soaps etc. on it just made a complete mockery of the show. It just made it completely tacky!