Options

Scottish Fitba Thread (Part 21)

Comments

• Options
    CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    indiana44 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, I think I know the answer to that one...

i know the answer as well but thought i would ask anyway:D
  • Options
    StoneColdSaysSoStoneColdSaysSo Posts: 9,883
    Forum Member
    Caltonfan wrote: »
    this thread really is tedious,

would it be possible for two obsessed sets of fans to actually talk about something else for a little while:rolleyes:

Its all a bit dull isn't it?

I asked a question.....

I answered the question

I didn't like the answer so deny getting one

I don't like the response so will refer you to original post

There will never be an agreement on this. Time to draw a line under it all and move on.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,575
    Forum Member
    ....or start a separate thread "Ongoing discussions re Rangers oldco vs newco" and leave this one for discussing Scottish Fitba !
  • Options
    bhoy07bhoy07 Posts: 25,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did ask a question if Kenny Shiels had been drinking but it seemed to have been lost in amongst everything else.
  • Options
    wolvesdavidwolvesdavid Posts: 10,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any chance of them actually agreeing a restructering of the leagues?
  • Options
    wolvesdavidwolvesdavid Posts: 10,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    carnoch04 wrote: »
    Next season they will be playing 8 new teams and will undoubtedly win promotion to the second tier.
    What is the problem?

But they have had no extra reward for winning the league, than the likes of Clyde, Annan, Berwick, Peterhead have.
  • Options
    AceMcCloudAceMcCloud Posts: 2,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

would it be possible for two obsessed sets of fans to actually talk about something else for a little while:rolleyes:

We live in hope as much as you lot lol
  • Options
    pedrokpedrok Posts: 16,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any chance of them actually agreeing a restructering of the leagues?

Longmuir tonight said this is what he wanted, the Hamilton Chairman was feeling a wee bit more confident also. So, perhaps the 12-12-18 is just around the corner. The SPL clubs vote on it on the 15th of this month, the SFL clubs on the 19th. We should know all by then.

What was interesting, in the BBC interview with Longmuir, when asked to deny about a potential job at The Rangers, he didn't do so. Which takes us back to a comment a couple of us made earlier, why was Longmuir so keen to derail the proposed 12-12-18 model as was suggested he was trying to do at a meeting with the SFL clubs last week. A model that The Rangers really don't want.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,575
    Forum Member
    But they have had no extra reward for winning the league, than the likes of Clyde, Annan, Berwick, Peterhead have.

The thing is though that the current proposals give no additional benefit to the team winning the 3rd division ( the additional second tier places are proposed to come from the 2nd division alone ).

Like you, I don't really agree with that. But as long as these are the proposals it is better to reorganise for next season rather than effectively have zero reward in next season's 3rd division.

At least this season they they have played, thinking there was some title and play-off reward. And this season's 3rd division champions ( Rangers ) arre indeed no further away from the top two divisions than they would have been without reorganisation.
  • Options
    Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    indiana44 wrote: »
    And this season's 3rd division champions ( Rangers ) arre indeed no further away from the top two divisions than they would have been without reorganisation.
    Sshh...you're not supposed to say that,

You're only supposed to say how "disgraceful" and "unsporting" it is that they'll still be in the "Third Division".
  • Options
    CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    dont know if its been mentioned but Billy Reid has left Hamilton after 8 years in charge.

strange that its happened now and not the end of the season

Gary Holt is new Falkirk manager
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bobby Madden - St Mirren to Europa League and now off to SFL2 at the weekend.

Something is seriously wrong with SFA refereeing.
  • Options
    Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bhoy07 wrote: »
    Bobby Madden - St Mirren to Europa League and now off to SFL2 at the weekend.

Something is seriously wrong with SFA refereeing.
    Referees are always given "low profile" appointments after international duty.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    April 2012 and the green and white of Celtic beat the old Rangers in the last ever OF game.

April 2013 and the Green and Whyte of Charlie and Craigie are about to take down the new Rangers it would seem.

Surely it cannot happen again....surely:D
  • Options
    misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pedrok wrote: »
    April 2012 and the green and white of Celtic beat the old Rangers in the last ever OF game.

April 2013 and the Green and Whyte of Charlie and Craigie are about to take down the new Rangers it would seem.

Surely it cannot happen again....surely:D

All you can do is laugh at the farce which The Rangers are. The Zombies never do learn!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    misawa97 wrote: »
    All you can do is laugh at the farce which The Rangers are. The Zombies never do learn!!

You can only laugh, but there is a serious side. How long can the SFA allow this farce to go on? Surely they have to step in at some point and get to the bottom of who/what this new club is and who owns what?

Whatever happend to the 'fit and proper' test of club owners that the SFA brought in?
  • Options
    timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Almost as tedious as your immature inability to spell 'St Mirren' properly.

Good to see yet another FoCUS/OBAF raised charge against a Celtic supporter chucked out of court. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why has whyte released irrelevant tapes

green and whyte were discussing transfer of shares....this must have been during administration.

since oldco was 'liquidated' , there was no transfer of shares.

newco bought oldcos assets from administrators

only thing whyte is entitled to is 100% of shares in the shell of company that is in process of liquidation
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grps3 wrote: »
    why has whyte released irrelevant tapes

green and whyte were discussing transfer of shares....this must have been during administration.

since oldco was 'liquidated' , there was no transfer of shares.

newco bought oldcos assets from administrators

only thing whyte is entitled to is 100% of shares in the shell of company that is in process of liquidation

They are questions only Whyte can answer.

But on paper Green admitting he would say anything doesnt look good for investor relations or what little (if any) credibility he has.
  • Options
    timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are questions only Whyte can answer.

But on paper Green admitting he would say anything doesnt look good for investor relations or what little (if any) credibility he has.

Given the amount of lies that both Whyte and Chuckles have been known to come out with it is difficult to know which one to believe.

The fact that Whyte paid £137k and Green still has that money makes things pretty interesting.
  • Options
    SilvioDanteSilvioDante Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    timboy wrote: »
    Given the amount of lies that both Whyte and Chuckles have been known to come out with it is difficult to know which one to believe.

The fact that Whyte paid £137k and Green still has that money makes things pretty interesting.

I'd be more concerned that my team had dropped 24 points in a 1-horse league, dwindling home SPL attendances & yet another chance of a Treble has slipped away. :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be more concerned that my team had dropped 24 points in a 1-horse league, dwindling home SPL attendances & yet another chance of a Treble has slipped away. :eek:

I'm more concerned at the fact we only scored three times against Barcelona this season.
  • Options
    SilvioDanteSilvioDante Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm more concerned at the fact we only scored three times against Barcelona this season.

You shouldn't be, they had already made it into the next round and had left their own shooting boots back in Spain.
  • Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rangers_fc#Domestic_honours

SO ANYONE WANT TO DISPROVE THESE FACTS?

IF YOU CAN'T

SHUT THE **** UP ABOUT IT
  • Options
    croftercrofter Posts: 2,976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I personally find it quite strange that you are quite happy to have 90% of this thread being anti-rangers yet once a couple of Rangers fans come aboard to join the conversation and largely put "their" gas at a peep you then find it quite tedious ...

Personally I would rather you spoke up during the other 90% of anti-rangers posts then maybe we could take you a bit more seriously.:rolleyes:

You haven't and I guess only you will know why that is??
This discussion has been closed.