An excuse for posting one of the greatest rock tunes of all time

Blue Oyster Cult - Don't Fear The Reaper

Here's another of their classics.
  • Options
    mackaramackara Posts: 4,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Electra wrote: »
    I like it. I liked the last one you posted too (or was it the same track?) :)

They got their 20 minutes of fame at Wacken in the end, hopefully their appearance there will open a few doors
    http://www.ndr.de/unterhaltung/events/wacken/woa_2013/wacken2571.html
  • Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    mackara wrote: »
    They got their 20 minutes of fame at Wacken in the end, hopefully their appearance there will open a few doors
    http://www.ndr.de/unterhaltung/events/wacken/woa_2013/wacken2571.html
    Didn't you say one of them's your son? Which one?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't you say one of them's your son? Which one?

The bass player/vocals.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The bass player/vocals.

Oh dear, that's a shame. I say that because, much as I like him musically & vocally, he has the sort of front man style that puts me off. I really don't like it when they swear at the audience & demand a particular response.

Still, I wish them well, because I enjoy the music :) (and I've already posted your link elsewhere)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear, that's a shame. I say that because, much as I like him musically & vocally, he has the sort of front man style that puts me off. I really don't like it when they swear at the audience & demand a particular response.

Still, I wish them well, because I enjoy the music :) (and I've already posted your link elsewhere)

Yep, I agree there was no need for the swearing which is totally out of character for him and he has been told the same by many people.
  • Options
    dodger0703dodger0703 Posts: 1,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Listening to new Five Finger Death Punch album, a lot better than the last one but I have come to the conclusion I prefer their slower more emotional songs (crossing over, remember everything, walk away) to the 'angry' ones, esp as Ivan really does have a good singing voice. The angry stuff sounds quite false IMO
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yep, I agree there was no need for the swearing which is totally out of character for him and he has been told the same by many people.

Glad to hear it. I guess it was probably nerves - a lot riding on it. :)

I don't mind swearing per se, it's just when they go "Alright motherf*ckers, I want to see a f*cking wall of death/circle pit (whatever)" I just think "oh f*ck off" :D

I know plenty of people don't mind it but I hate being told what to do. I'd be the one standing with folded arms & an unamused expression during an Exodus set, while the crowd obediently separates around me :o:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am picturing mackara marching onstage and dragging her son off by his ear :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dodger0703 wrote: »
    Listening to new Five Finger Death Punch album, a lot better than the last one but I have come to the conclusion I prefer their slower more emotional songs (crossing over, remember everything, walk away) to the 'angry' ones, esp as Ivan really does have a good singing voice. The angry stuff sounds quite false IMO

Ivan's 'knuckle dragging' public persona puts me right off I'm afraid. All that 'badass' posing about. Can't be bothered with them.

No Ivan, you're not the meanest mothrf*cker who ever walked the earth. You're just some bloke from LA.

I thought mackara was a bloke :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ivan's 'knuckle dragging' public persona puts me right off I'm afraid. Can't be bothered with them

I thought mackara was a bloke :o

you could be right, don't know why I assumed otherwise:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    you could be right, don't know why I assumed otherwise:confused:

I'm not sure why I assumed either, lol. Maybe s/he'll be back to put us right.

I can imagine the 'ear dragging' scenario too though :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure why I assumed either, lol. Maybe s/he'll be back to put us right.

I can imagine the 'ear dragging' scenario too though :D

was gonna say you are right as mackara profile says male, but it also says they are 22, so one of them is wrong info, so I am still in with a shout of being right :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hell no, he will be taking a good long run on the back of the bike, he hates bikes and speed, that will put the fear of god into him.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hell no, he will be taking a good long run on the back of the bike, he hates bikes and speed, that will put the fear of god into him.:D

PMSL! You're not helping his image, you know :D What bike have you got?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PMSL! You're not helping his image, you know :D What bike have you got?

Just the one , a Fazer 600, is old you know.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just the one , a Fazer 600, is old you know.

Hmm....yes, I can see why that would worry him :D How would you both fit on it? #ShortWheelbase
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm....yes, I can see why that would worry him :D How would you both fit on it? #ShortWheelbase

Yes, but they are very light and prone for the wheel.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone here ever listen to a snippet of the Album Lou Reed did with Metallica. As a big Metallica fan I felt I had to, but ffs after hearing just a bit I swear they must be using it for torture somewhere in the world, utter tripe
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Did anyone here ever listen to a snippet of the Album Lou Reed did with Metallica. As a big Metallica fan I felt I had to, but ffs after hearing just a bit I swear they must be using it for torture somewhere in the world, utter tripe

LuLu? It's famously dreadful. What on earth was Lou thinking? :confused:

Apparently he & Lars almost came to blows over it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Made me think of albums that were a mistake, guns n roses Spaghetti Incident sprang to mind
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Don't forget St Anger
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah some of that was awful too