Help me with an experiment.........

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
Forum Member
Hi everyone :)

I've found myself moving in very similar circles bookwise. In order to open things up a bit I would like you bookworms on here to suggest some books for me to read.

I will read the first 10 books that are suggested. - :D (Assuming I get 10 responses to this :blush:)

Anything at all, fiction, non-fiction, modern, classics - I'll read the first 10 that come up :D

Thanks everyone x

Comments

• fizzycatfizzycat Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    Eva Luna by Isabelle Allende.

I very rarely re-read a book but I re-read my original copy of this one so often that it fell apart and had to be replaced.
  • farmer bobfarmer bob Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello there :-)
    New York by Edward Rutherfurd.
    Hope you give it a go.
  • d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini
  • ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Devil's Home on Leave by Derek Raymond.
  • clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,641
    Forum Member
    Candide by Voltaire
  • demon freakdemon freak Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    the thirteenth tale by diane setterfield
  • GiraffeGirlGiraffeGirl Posts: 13,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My Animals and Other Family by Claire Balding
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cold Comfort Farm - Stella Gibbons
  • susiesuesusiesue Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    Watchers dean koontz
  • ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier
    Forum Member
    Thats 10, keep us up to date with your progress OP
  • Nat28Nat28 Posts: 2,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you would like 11 . Cross stitch diana gabaldon:)
  • d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe the OP has already read some of them so will need no. 11 (although that's a very long book! I have read it myself)
  • Nat28Nat28 Posts: 2,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d0lphin wrote: »
    Maybe the OP has already read some of them so will need no. 11 (although that's a very long book! I have read it myself)

Im addicted to all the books. We all should have a jamie fraser in our lives. Sigh
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Hiya everyone.

Thank you very much for all of the great suggestions, I will read all 11 of them :)

I've written them all down and will buy them all and read them :D

I've never even heard of many of these books so I am really excited about reading them. I am not even going to read a review or synopsis - I'm going in blind to just read them.

I've had both the Kite Runner and Rebecca have both been recommended to me before but never got round to them - So looking forward to them too :)

I'll buy the first one suggested 'Eva Luna' on Thursday and let the reading begin. Thank you so much everybody I will update this thread after I've read each one too..... thank you again x
  • GiraffeGirlGiraffeGirl Posts: 13,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Enjoy :) let us know how you get on with them
  • luckylilaluckylila Posts: 3,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a great thread - I really admire your adventurous spirit, evesapples131!

I'll definitely be keeping an eye on the thread to see what you think of each of the 11 books. Hope you enjoy the adventure!
  • trphiltrphil Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just in case you need another and just by way of a bit of shameless self-promotion I'll suggest that you give my own literary genius a go... :eek:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Human-Rights-Philip-Hoyle-ebook/dp/B00LJAYXAS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1405341358&sr=8-1&keywords=human+rights+philip+hoyle
  • jojo01jojo01 Posts: 12,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In case you need another recommendation OP, Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden is a fantastic read :)
  • dinkycatdinkycat Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    Can I suggest 'Wool' by Hugh Howey? I've recommended this to a few people and they gave loved it (and the further two books of the trilogy.
  • ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Enjoy :) let us know how you get on with them

Especially "The Devil's Home on Leave". Mwahahahahahha!:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I've got the first book, Eva Luna (I had to re-buy because the first copy I bought arrived in German :blush: ) . I just have to finish the end of something else then I'll get going on it, really looking forward to reading it and the others :)

I've written down the new recommendations, I'm going to read those too. This is going to be fun :D
  • The 12th DoctorThe 12th Doctor Posts: 4,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ulysses, by James Joyce.

Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace.
    Forum Member
    How are you getting on OP?

Read any of the suggestions yet?