Options

EE: Not Learning From Previous Mistakes (Spoiler)

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    talking of phils kids... whatever happened to louise?!?!? Last thing i can remember is phil finding lisa in spain and he got her back but where is she now? Can anyone fill me in cause its been really bugging me!!! :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still with Lisa in Portugal or Spain or somewhere else on the continent, funny how she is not referred to as much as Ben.
  • Options
    JaccobabeJaccobabe Posts: 27,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But didnt someone say that Anita Dobson actually wanted to return? Maybe after Den came back?
    Or just false rumour???

Of course, killing off Kathy is pointless and idiotic.
  • Options
    SteveHunterSteveHunter Posts: 2,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    devhater wrote:
    talking of phils kids... whatever happened to louise?!?!? Last thing i can remember is phil finding lisa in spain and he got her back but where is she now? Can anyone fill me in cause its been really bugging me!!! :mad:

After Phil found Lisa in Portugal and went back to walford, Lisa followed him back many months later and with the help of Den who stitched up phil for a robbery Lisa took louise and left after Phil was banged up in prison.
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jaccobabe wrote:
    Of course, killing off Kathy is pointless and idiotic.

Exactly , they killed Cindy pointlessly ( I think out of spite actually as she wouldnt come back ) they kill off Angie.

If they kill off Kathy it is just laziness on the part of scriptwriters, a court case over Ben is unrealistic. As Kathy married a South African who adopted Ben , Ben is a South African citizen probably , and anyway as his adopted father is South African any court case would take place there and not in the UK.

They could easily introduce Ben without killing Kathy , they could have kathy's husband die and she needs time to herself so she sends Ben to Walford to stay with his Dad.

But to kill her off is just silly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully some of the writers actually read this and listens to us :)
  • Options
    SteveHunterSteveHunter Posts: 2,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Writers never really take notice of what viewers want. They come up with a storyline that most viewers would hate and then still go ahead with it and lose even viewers then before. I think kate Harwood is to blame
  • Options
    Forum Member
    After Phil found Lisa in Portugal and went back to walford, Lisa followed him back many months later and with the help of Den who stitched up phil for a robbery Lisa took louise and left after Phil was banged up in prison.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!! Thanks for that! Totally remember that now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sorry guys! Never done a quote before, and looks like ive balls it up big time! lol ooooooops :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 480
    Forum Member
    skp20040 wrote:
    Exactly , they killed Cindy pointlessly ( I think out of spite actually as she wouldnt come back ) they kill off Angie.

If they kill off Kathy it is just laziness on the part of scriptwriters, a court case over Ben is unrealistic. As Kathy married a South African who adopted Ben , Ben is a South African citizen probably , and anyway as his adopted father is South African any court case would take place there and not in the UK.

They could easily introduce Ben without killing Kathy , they could have kathy's husband die and she needs time to herself so she sends Ben to Walford to stay with his Dad.

But to kill her off is just silly.
    I agree. Just because Gillian Taylforth won't return it doesn't mean they have to kill Kathy off. They have left it as it is for about 6 years now so why change it? She's gone to South Africa and started a new life, why ruin it? They just need something for Phil and Ian to argue over, but neither of them usually need a reason to pick a fight with one another!! They just don't like each other, it's as simple as that!! Gillian is said to be upset about the rumours because she was hoping to return one day and i always hoped she would. The scenes between her, Phil and Grant would be a ratings winner!!
  • Options
    Polly_PerkinsPolly_Perkins Posts: 21,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems most people are in agreement over this storyline which is a nice sign that people have fond memories of Kathy.

Obviously people die in real life but the cull rate in Eastenders is extreme. Den, Angie, Kathy, Pete all dead of screen. Each played a significant part in the shows history and having a fondness for these characters its nice to think they are out there. Thats why I hated they killed Angie, a decision made to annoy Anita Dobson who pulled out of a contract negocian last minute, I enjoyed thinking she living her life happy. Its even nice to see these people in one off's. One thing Home and Away does better than any other soap is bring back old timers for weddings and funerals. Its a nice touch and works well.

It really feels like they scrape the bottom of the barrel when they resort this. Constantly looking back when its good to move forward. Leave Kathy alone I say and come up with some new storylines about people still in the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never watched H&A but agreed on its being nice to see old characters back even for only one episode.
    Like they could have had Carol back for Sonias wedding or Chloes birth, but no...