[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Robert Lindsey taking the piss out of himself = priceless :D
  • Options
    gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not much of a fan of Robert Lindsey but the scene with him in the hospital i found pretty funny.
  • Options
    Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was waiting for the line. "Are you having a w**k. "
  • Options
    louiseglitterlouiseglitter Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    ricky gervais = overrated idiot
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    good comment :rolleyes: ..
    if you dont like him then dont read a post about him.. tool

extras - epic again
  • Options
    Christian CageChristian Cage Posts: 6,239
    Forum Member
    Robert Lindsey was really funny in tonights episode.
  • Options
    Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how long it will before the DVD comes out.

Ricky Gervais said that this Series took 18 months to film and he doesn't know if he is going to do another one.
  • Options
    zoundszounds Posts: 10,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That episode felt kinda unfinished - as tho' there should be a second part to it.
  • Options
    Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When is this episode repeated?

Was the legend that is De Niro in it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its how he left the office though, leaving you wanting more
  • Options
    TungstenTungsten Posts: 2,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This episode was the worst of the series, not been impressed with several episodes, but usually there was at least one thing that made me laugh. Didn't like the start either with Millman on Ross's show, it was just Gervais being Gervais!
  • Options
    gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was expecting a scene after the end credits with Andy,Maggie,Darren &
    De Niro.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 415
    Forum Member
    gerry d wrote:
    I was expecting a scene after the end credits with Andy,Maggie,Darren &
    De Niro.
    yeah me too...
    Very poor episode but fair play on Gervais for getting the legend De Niro in it....Wish they could have given him more to do/say though,Was it a last miute thing?,Ricky has just worked with Bobby so maybe it was filmed in USA?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I imagine there will be a christmas special that will tie eveything together. i was expecting it all to go very wrong for andy and find himself back to where he started. tonights ep was ok, the weakest so far but alright anyhoo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Binyamin wrote:
    When is this episode repeated?

Was the legend that is De Niro in it?
    Repeated sunday night and shown at bbc.co.uk/extras in a couple of hours.
  • Options
    zoundszounds Posts: 10,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    umpa lumpa wrote:
    its how he left the office though, leaving you wanting more
    Being asked to speak at the funeral, with filming a movie not being a good enough reason to get out of it - Special maybe?

I also expected to see an ending after the credits - maybe with De Niro jerking off over the pen!!
    lol - maybe asking too much tho' :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    My god. I've been a Gervais fan for as long as I can remember, and I think the guy's a genius... but this was just NOT funny. Wow, so Robert Lindsay pretends to have an inflated ego - like half of the other celebrity cameos. And oh look! It's Robert De Niro - with all of 2 lines and 30 seconds of screen time. Hilarious! Really made the most of him didn't they?

I loved The Office, and I loved the first series of Extras. But this series is just tired. There's only so many times you can squeeze humour out of an awkward situation. The thing in tonight's episode with the sick kid was just like the gay episode all over again; awkward and childish humour, mildly funny at best.

It's felt to me like this series has been one big ego stroke for Gervais, and I want at least 2 of the 3 hours I spent watching it back. Give me comedy with a heart, give me comedy grounded in reality, like The Office was. Or just stick to bloody podcasting.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It had a bit of a rubbish ending. I was hoping to see Andy and De Niro out together, and it would've been good to know if andy's comedy was axed or not. Not many funny moments tonight either. Too many embarrassing moments which get a bit boring after a while.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it. It's light and amusing and I've now got to see De Niro act in a BBC2 sitcom!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i thought andy and maggie was going to find de niro masturbating over the pen....but that would have been predictable i guess
  • Options
    lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    Why-oh-why couldn't they have ended with DeNiro having a **** over the pen??? That would have been the biz!

A missed opportunity....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lemoncurd wrote:
    Why-oh-why couldn't they have ended with DeNiro having a **** over the pen??? That would have been the biz!

A missed opportunity....

I wouldn`t like to ask De Niro to do something like that....Im guessing Gervais Merchant didn`t fancy it either.Barry from Eastenders is ok but a Hollywood legend..I dont think so.
  • Options
    sHaKsHaK Posts: 2,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Worst episode of the series, in fact, the worst episode of both series.

The hospital scenes - blurgh. More uncomfortable then funny and far too much time spent there.

But the biggest thing, that has really made me angry. An utter waste of one of the greatest actors of all time. No, not Shaun Williamson :D, but Robert De Niro. Gervais will look back on this and slap himself for wasting such an opportunity.

EDIT: Spelling mistakes that I made typing in my RAGE.
  • Options
    VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    Didn't enjoy it - only liked 2 episodes out of the 6....a disappointing ending to series 2 that has me wishing it wasn't made
  • Options
    the guv'northe guv'nor Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    My god. I've been a Gervais fan for as long as I can remember, and I think the guy's a genius... but this was just NOT funny. Wow, so Robert Lindsay pretends to have an inflated ego - like half of the other celebrity cameos. And oh look! It's Robert De Niro - with all of 2 lines and 30 seconds of screen time. Hilarious! Really made the most of him didn't they?

I loved The Office, and I loved the first series of Extras. But this series is just tired. There's only so many times you can squeeze humour out of an awkward situation. The thing in tonight's episode with the sick kid was just like the gay episode all over again; awkward and childish humour, mildly funny at best.

It's felt to me like this series has been one big ego stroke for Gervais, and I want at least 2 of the 3 hours I spent watching it back. Give me comedy with a heart, give me comedy grounded in reality, like The Office was. Or just stick to bloody podcasting.

totally agree,
    this series has been a letdown !