The Walking Dead - Season 4 - 5* pace

Comments

• ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [ guessing the quiet thread here means people have already seen this elsewhere? ]

I watched Seasons 1-4 over like a month when it was on Sky On Demand, just watching again now (via On Demand in HD) to remind myself of everything before Season 5 which starts on the 13th.
  • Doctor_WibbleDoctor_Wibble Posts: 26,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »
    That episode that you refer to was definitely the 'Queen Episode' of the half series following the mid season break.........what a fantastic episode !............:o
    I didn't see it coming at all but at the same time it didn't feel like anyone was trying to cram in some inconsistent character trait. It wouldn't have worked without the scenes before and after and even during that scene you are still thinking maybe she really won't cross that line but you're just not quite sure you'd want to bet on it.

And this after an episode with the strangeness of taking refuge in a graveyard during a zombie apocalypse. And the bit with a No Parking sign being used as the weapon of opportunity. And Beth being kidnapped by what I'll have to assume was someone in some doomsday cult (fancy car, cross on the back window) and on reflection that nicely-stocked house probably was a bit trap-like...

The last two episodes definitely following a 'too good to be true' theme.
  • Zeppelyn56Zeppelyn56 Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    Last two next week then and yea I was thinking some kind of cult taking beth too.

By the way, I'm recording these and have noticed that about 5 or so minutes of the intro has been missed for the last two weeks, Don't think its my Panasonic as everything else records perfectly.
  • miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The last episode took me totally by surprise. Did not see that coming at all, and what fantastic young actresses!!
  • CharentonCharenton Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zeppelyn56 wrote: »
    Last two next week then and yea I was thinking some kind of cult taking beth too.

By the way, I'm recording these and have noticed that about 5 or so minutes of the intro has been missed for the last two weeks, Don't think its my Panasonic as everything else records perfectly.

I always record this programme too as it finishes late and I prefer to FF through the adverts. I have not missed any of the start of this, or any other programme.

My PVR is a Humax.
  • Chas1989Chas1989 Posts: 157
    Forum Member
    Episode 13 was fine. Nothing special but still a good ep. The intro with Bob being 'alone' was really well done. Interested as to who took Beth.

Episode 14. I had unfortunately read spoilers on some parts of the ep but despite this, this was by far the most shocking ep of the season and probably one of the best eps of the show ever. Lizzie killing her sister was truly shocking (apparently in the original comics it was two brothers). The ending ("Just look at the flowers") was just as brutal, Melissa McBride is so good as Carol but she really excelled here.

Looking forward to the last two episodes.
  • moonlilymoonlily Posts: 7,893
    Forum Member
    Chas1989 wrote: »
    Episode 13 was fine. Nothing special but still a good ep. The intro with Bob being 'alone' was really well done. Interested as to who took Beth.

Episode 14. I had unfortunately read spoilers on some parts of the ep but despite this, this was by far the most shocking ep of the season and probably one of the best eps of the show ever. Lizzie killing her sister was truly shocking (apparently in the original comics it was two brothers). The ending ("Just look at the flowers") was just as brutal, Melissa McBride is so good as Carol but she really excelled here.

Looking forward to the last two episodes.

I think the opening scene of episode 14 is one of the most powerful I have ever watched in any drama-, the idyllic setting, the music, the kettle, the homely house, Lizzie 'playing' chase with someone in the garden- it all looks so normal and cosy until you remember it isn't. Extremely clever and utterly chilling.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just caught up with the final two episodes... Rick definitely let off a bit of steam there, and on the 'too good to be true' front, I could see *something* was going to go horribly wrong...

But that's it for now? No more? That's not fair! There has to be more! They can't just leave it there! I'm not sure if I should panic or sulk, I can't do both at once as a combination of the two would just be confusing...

Is there anything about season five coming to 5* at some point, or is that still up in the air since it hasn't started showing anywhere yet?
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just caught up with the final two episodes... Rick definitely let off a bit of steam there, and on the 'too good to be true' front, I could see *something* was going to go horribly wrong...

But that's it for now? No more? That's not fair! There has to be more! They can't just leave it there! I'm not sure if I should panic or sulk, I can't do both at once as a combination of the two would just be confusing...

Is there anything about season five coming to 5* at some point, or is that still up in the air since it hasn't started showing anywhere yet?

Starts on FOX next Monday or following Monday can't remember of top of head so I'd expect it on 5* February/March for the first half of season 5.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I didn't think much of the final two episodes in this series. Come to think of it I didn't think much of the entire series.

There is one good thing about it, it surely can't get any worse!!
  • ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Starts on FOX next Monday or following Monday can't remember of top of head so I'd expect it on 5* February/March for the first half of season 5.

No chance, 5* didn't get season 4 until August this year, it will be the same time next year if they decide to pick it up again that is
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ocav wrote: »
    No chance, 5* didn't get season 4 until August this year, it will be the same time next year if they decide to pick it up again that is
    :(
    *blubs profusely*
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Charenton wrote: »
    Personally I didn't think much of the final two episodes in this series. Come to think of it I didn't think much of the entire series.

There is one good thing about it, it surely can't get any worse!!

Splitting the group didn't really work for me either. But it was better than the drab farm episodes of season 2. The best bits were the Carol/Tyreese/kids scenes.
    Found the pseudo-family bits with Rick/Carl/Michionne a bit boring.
    ocav wrote: »

Was just a guess to be fair. I watch UK/FOX pace and assumed 5* would split the season as well. I'm guessing they must have shown doubles eps each week then?
  • moonlilymoonlily Posts: 7,893
    Forum Member
    :(
    *blubs profusely*

You can get a Now tv box that plugs into your tellyfor a package of round £20.00 and then 4.99 a month and watch it on Fox in a week or two :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    moonlily wrote: »
    You can get a Now tv box that plugs into your tellyfor a package of round £20.00 and then 4.99 a month and watch it on Fox in a week or two :)

I don't think it's worth £20.00 + £4.99 a month if the next series is more of the same as the last one.
  • mizfiestamizfiesta Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    I absolutely loved Season 4. I'm surprised there hasn't been more feedback about it on this site. Maybe there's another page dedicated with more episode analysis?

Loved the double episodes to.
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mizfiesta wrote: »
    I absolutely loved Season 4. I'm surprised there hasn't been more feedback about it on this site. Maybe there's another page dedicated with more episode analysis?

The threads following the show on their original UK and US airings have a lot of discussion: :)

US Pace: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1857916&highlight=the+walking+dead+season+4

UK Pace: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1899850&highlight=the+walking+dead+season+4

Obviously, spoilers for anyone who hasn't finished Season 4. :D
  • peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member
    Charenton wrote: »
    I don't think it's worth £20.00 + £4.99 a month if the next series is more of the same as the last one.

Well even if you don't fancy the next series of TWD the now TV box does give you access many other boxsets. You can dislike those too.

mizfiesta wrote: »

Yeah it's a shame that this thread hasn't been more lively.

Although I preferred them together as a group, I still really enjoyed the second half of the series. Some of the groupings were pretty genius I thought. Daryl and Beth, the episodes with the two of them were so good, and revelatory. Paring Daryl with Beth really allowed him to show parts of his personality, and his vulnerability that I think would have been impossible had he been with anyone else.

Loved the family groups, Rick Michonne and Carl, and agreed that The Grove was a truly shocking episode.

Only let down was Glenn and Maggie, I don't know what it is about them but I really hope they get eaten at the start of the next series.
  • montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    peach45 wrote: »

Only let down was Glenn and Maggie, I don't know what it is about them but I really hope they get eaten at the start of the next series.

Me too! I read a review of one the S4 episodes and it quite rightly pointed out that all Glenn & Maggie seem to care about is each other. Nothing else is allowed to intrude into their bubble of love!
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Maggie, but in the recent episodes I just wanted them to get rid of Glenn. He was acting like a selfish little teenage brat when Abraham and his crew literally saved his life.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't entirely understand the dislike for the Glen/Maggie storyline(s), it seems this is there to show that either there is more to life than killing zombies or that if you do have something that doesn't revolve around that, you will throw yourself into said distraction precisely because it is 'something else'.
    Obviously if they didn't have to keep moving then they would be out scouting for spare parts for their ever-growing solar-powered train set. The fact that they all ended up at Terminus is clearly not a coincidence.
    Forum Member
    I don't entirely understand the dislike for the Glen/Maggie storyline(s), it seems this is there to show that either there is more to life than killing zombies or that if you do have something that doesn't revolve around that, you will throw yourself into said distraction precisely because it is 'something else'.

Because it doesn't work. Individually they were good characters, but I don't buy them together and I don't give a toss about their great love. Because as was said before their love is selfish and totally excludes anything and everyone else.

I agree that the show needs more than zombie killing, that's what I love about it, but the Glenn/Maggie thing doesn't cut it for me. Time spent with those two is wasted as far as I'm concerned, and I hated the way everyone had to get them back together at the end of the last series.

They are the love interest of the show, so I doubt they'll every get to be zombie chow, but I don't care for them, rather I'm more invested in every other relationship on the show than that one.
    Forum Member
    Obviously if they didn't have to keep moving then they would be out scouting for spare parts for their ever-growing solar-powered train set. The fact that they all ended up at Terminus is clearly not a coincidence.

Well nearly all I'm guessing Tyrese and Carol are still on the road there and will somehow play a role in their escape, Beth, well now that's another thing altogether, don't look for spoilers so no idea who grabbed her.
    Forum Member
    Might just be hope on my part but I'm reading CBS Action that launches on Freeview today is part owned by AMC so might TWD appear here at some point I wonder, seems like they are showing older stuff like Original Star Trek, Streets of San Francisco, NCIS and CSI etc.

Story here if anyone interested http://www.a516digital.com/2014/09/cbs-action-gets-going-on-freeview.html
    Forum Member
    Zeppelyn56 wrote: »
    Well nearly all I'm guessing Tyrese and Carol are still on the road there and will somehow play a role in their escape, Beth, well now that's another thing altogether, don't look for spoilers so no idea who grabbed her.

Maybe, but Rick did spot some baby milk on the ground when he was entering that boxcar.