Gotham - Batman prequel tv show (US pace)

Comments

• zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^:o, That Officer has best record every conversation he now has to prevent those "well obviously you must have done something for her to say something like that" looks.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Anyone know the name of Fish's club?

It's beginning to bug me now.
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    zwixxx wrote: »
    ^:o, That Officer has best record every conversation he now has to prevent those "well obviously you must have done something for her to say something like that" looks.

well that's why he didn't say anything as bringing something like that to someone's attention will always be in the back of their mind when something else happens in the future with regards his reputation.
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    Anyone know the name of Fish's club?

It's beginning to bug me now.

I don't know if it has actually been mentioned they generally just refer to Fish's territory
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not liking how Penguins' become so reckless and impulsive with his killings. He's smart enough to plot an uprising but can't control himself, when insulted for obvious debilitations. I know it's the 'beginning' but he should know better, than to leave a trail of bodies behind him.

It'll be interesting to see if Selina Kyle actually saw the killer's face, after supposedly following him and then when she reveals this. As I thought it would be a season-long mystery.
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ep 2 was even better! I am loving Seline especially, she actually scratched his eyes out!! She certainly could have taken on Patti. With Oswald/Penguin, I think the "jump" was a little too large, yes, he was pushed in the water, he then all of a sudden turns into a killer? We have such a large chunk of that missing. Odd he would just go round recklessly killing. He is creepy though, that scene when he was talking to that guys Mum on the phone :p

Fish is awesome, and the boss she was talking to was a right dick, I hope she gets her own back on him.

The waiter they ended up beating up revealed his name to be Lazlo. Now, I am not a comic book reader, so I have been searching online for names I find familiar...

Lazlo Valentin is the name of Professor Pyg apparently.

According to Wiki, Bane and Mr Freeze should be on the show too. Time to see if we can spot any clues!
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why do you think it's "all of a sudden"?

He clearly had "issues" already, we'd already seen him gleefully beat the crap out of someone.
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I agree. I think Oswald has been pretty consistent so far.
  • dosanjh1dosanjh1 Posts: 8,727
    Forum Member
    Acting is pretty bad and the production values are low but the script is good with lots of cynical humour and I'm glad it's not dark and gothic, it's fun to watch.

Jin Gordons cop partner is a very good character that places of the moral Jim quite we'll, it's just a shame the actor can't act, the same goes for his other half.
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finally started watching this. I think it's excellent, with the actors playing Oswald and Harvey being particularly good.

Alfred however is unbearable.
  • SpacedoneSpacedone Posts: 2,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dandem wrote: »
    Finally started watching this. I think it's excellent, with the actors playing Oswald and Harvey being particularly good.

Alfred however is unbearable.

Alfred is like an American caricature of what they think a Londoner is like but played poorly by someone who is actually a Londoner. I like Sean Pertwee but sometimes his acting is incredibly grating.

Other than Alfred and the kid playing Bruce Wayne I'm enjoying this so far.
  • ItHasPotentialItHasPotential Posts: 7,817
    Forum Member
    didn't think i'd like this but actually i do, lol

Penguin is just brilliant
  • FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm enjoying this show. It is a bit odd to see people with 1980s CRT TVs but the city is modern and modern cars and weaponry yet muggings in broad daylight seem to be an epidemic. You would think they could stick some CCTV up.

Seeing Batista from Dexter as an Italian mobster was a bit strange.
  • adamo8adamo8 Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    Really enjoying this! Its one of my favourites from the new series.
    Forum Member
    Good third episode but probably not as great as the first two.

With the Balloonman, it's nice that we can get some vigilantes and bizarre ways of bad people getting killed. That's a good thing because I don't want this show to be too Nolan influenced at times.

Gordon and Bullock's dynamic remains fun to watch but it's weirdly reminding me of Life On Mars for some reason. You can guess who fits which role, right?

Barbara finally came across as a bit more interesting this week. Maybe Renee does bring that out on in her. More scenes with them please.

Renee and Crispus almost seem too desperate to assume the worst in Gordon. Why would they instantly believe Fish?

The cat and mouse antics with Falcone and Fish are fun to watch. Really fun.

Nice introduction for Maroni as well, loved his scene with Oswald.

Oswald continues to be the highlight of every episode. Loved his final scene this week as well.

Nice little moment with Selina as well. Not surprised she managed to escape.

The Batman foreshadowing with Bruce is coming along nicely too.

Essen needs something interesting to do other than give orders.

No Nygma this week but I guess there's always next week for another brief scene, 7/10
  • margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was reading a criticism and basically the writer agreed with me on the weakness of this show in villain of the week format. There are basically 6 or 7 well known villains. The writer mentioned that it was like the 1960,s camp version with some really odd villains turning up. I just have aa feeling they will run out of ideas as happened with Heroes.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting article here on Gotham and looking to find out if anyone agrees. I've posted this in the US Pace thread since you'll have seen the first 3 episodes of the show already.

It's certainly an interesting read and could become problematic for future seasons if this isn't sorted out asap. Do you agree on the tone of the show?

http://badassdigest.com/2014/10/07/gotham-is-the-worst-thing-to-happen-to-batman-since-joel-schumacher/
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    While I am enjoying the series so far, I do actually agree somewhat with that link.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Hey guys. How are you watching this at US pace ? Any chance anyone could pm me the answer ??? Thanks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iiuc you need to know the secret hand shake before anyone will answer that question.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,258
    Forum Member
    I like the series really i do. But unless they make a massive time jump all the show will be able to do is just wink and nod to what these characters become. I like that now. I don't know if i want like 5 seasons of it though.

Completely agree that the way they are playing Alfred is just wrong. Are we meant to believe he becomes the more mellow carer but still strong and opinionated character by the time Bruce grows up?
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    zwixxx wrote: »
    iiuc you need to know the secret hand shake before anyone will answer that question.

Damn it, I don't know the secret handshake either. Not my day.
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    Hey guys. How are you watching this at US pace ? Any chance anyone could pm me the answer ??? Thanks.

God forbid you should wait a few days and watch on Five......
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    Completely agree that the way they are playing Alfred is just wrong. Are we meant to believe he becomes the more mellow carer but still strong and opinionated character by the time Bruce grows up?
    Maybe all that mellowing happens during Bruce's 7 year (?) absence from Gotham. :)