Options

What would make a good Doctor Who Fan Fiction series that you would read?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,670
Forum Member
✭✭✭
What makes a good fan series as opposed to a not so good one? Is it story arc? Characters? Sorry about the openness of the question, but what, in your opinion, are the qualities of a good fan series?

I may need these to help me one day. :D

Comments

• Options
    DoctorQuiDoctorQui Posts: 6,428
    Forum Member
    Believing and caring about the characters
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DoctorQui wrote: »
    Believing and caring about the characters

Following on from that, starting with a Doctor and companions that we know, rather than newly created ones make for a better read. IMO.

And how about creating an all star cast ? Give us a 'Dramatis Personae' for all the characters at the beginning.
  • Options
    dgembadgembadgembadgemba Posts: 18,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the main thing that annoys me about some FF is that the characterisation isnt right for well known characters

For example one TW Fanfic had jack exclaiming "Rats!" after an alien escaped. Stopped reading at that point cos it pissed me off lol
  • Options
    sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    the main thing that annoys me about some FF is that the characterisation isnt right for well known characters

For example one TW Fanfic had jack exclaiming "Rats!" after an alien escaped. Stopped reading at that point cos it pissed me off lol

Haha! But Jack is well known for uttering 'Rats!' when something goes wrong...

I know I sound harsh, but if you can't characterise, don't bother writing them for public consumption.
  • Options
    dgembadgembadgembadgemba Posts: 18,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sebbie3000 wrote: »
    Haha! But Jack is well known for uttering 'Rats!' when something goes wrong...

I know I sound harsh, but if you can't characterise, don't bother writing them for public consumption.

:D lol

i completely agree.